Support Thread: IoX v5.8.4 (June 27, 2024)

Thank all for the assistance.  Responses to the above questions/suggestions:
Q - When you run the then clause does the device tree show it running (solid green)?
    After running the Then clause, the program turns on the green indicator but the actual device never  turns on in the devices tree.

Q - Can you turn on the device “Irrigation / Irrigration-1 - Z1 Front Lawn” from device tree in the AC and confirm it actually turns on in the yard?:
   Yes, Since the upgrade, I've been manually cycling through each of the zones to irrigate the lawn.

suggestion:  I'd be sure to right click on the device in the AC and "update" it
  I will do this and if that does not work, I will remove and re-add the two controllers and re-configure each zone and see if that helps.

Will report back on progress.  Thank for the assistance.

Cheers,
Ken.

If you can turn on the front lawn sprinklers by clicking on the device in the device tree then you don't need to re-install the device. 

Try right clicking on the device then click on restore device. That will update the device link tables with the data stored in your controller.

• 2 weeks later...

upgraded last week....all my plugins show disconnected.

sent in a ticket..did the pg3x.enable thing per michel .. rebooted..

same result, all plugins show disconnected.

last correspondence on ticket was over 2 days ago.. over 60% of my home automation is via plugins.

whats next step?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...

This release contains minor enhancements and bug fixes.

Faster IoX Backup

Is a vast understatement. I have been with the ISY since the 26. Long backups, and strategically planning them has just been part of my life in automation. But this new backup process is so fast, I find I have to go see the file at the destination always to make sure it worked. 

I love it. Thanks UD geniuses!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 2:12 AM, spyfish007 said:

I've updated to 5.8.4 and the local admin console has come up.  I've tried to back up and I get "Could Not Parse the Configuration File."  I am running IoX on Polisy.  I have ISY with PLM all connected.  I have an internal Zwave/Zigbee card.  All communications with devices seem to be working.  I was able to do a backup before upgrading from 5.7.1.    Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Hi folks, I am having the same issue- read through, and did not see a solution.  I am running polisy.

thank you-

Steve

13 minutes ago, SteveT said:

Hi folks, I am having the same issue- read through, and did not see a solution.  I am running polisy.

thank you-

Steve

I would suggest running the upgrade packages a second time and after it completes, including the reboot, power cycle your unit.

If you still have an issue backing up afterwards then you will need to open a support ticket with UD.

26 minutes ago, SteveT said:

I am running polisy.

Make sure you have upgraded to PG3x. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Polisy:User_Guide#Upgrading_to_PG3x

If you previously completed that update then do as @DennisC suggests and run upgrade again and reboot then power cycle. If still failing then open a support ticket….once resolved please post what steps fixed your issue so it might help if others have similar issue. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Make sure you have upgraded to PG3x. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Polisy:User_Guide#Upgrading_to_PG3x

If you previously completed that update then do as @DennisC suggests and run upgrade again and reboot then power cycle. If still failing then open a support ticket….once resolved please post what steps fixed your issue so it might help if others have similar issue. 

yes- I have not upgraded to PG3x as I have a PG2 node server that i am still using.  I guess I may be stuck now as I cannot even get to the PG2 or PG3 interfaces.  More problems... Node server is blank.

I will open a ticket, and revert.  

thanks all-Steve

4 minutes ago, SteveT said:

yes- I have not upgraded to PG3x as I have a PG2 node server that i am still using.  I guess I may be stuck now as I cannot even get to the PG2 or PG3 interfaces.  More problems... Node server is blank.

I will open a ticket, and revert.  

thanks all-Steve

You can still upgrade to PG3x, follow these directions:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Upgrading_to_PG3x

• Thanks 1

@SteveT what PG2 plugin are you running that isn’t available on PG3x? As for accessing PG2 I think that might have been phased out in a previous update, but I know PG2 is definitely removed in the upgrade to PG3x process. If the nodes are blank in Admin Console then PG2 is probably not running anymore. 

Good luck on the ticket. Let us know what happens.

Just now, Geddy said:

@SteveT what PG2 plugin are you running that isn’t available on PG3x? As for accessing PG2 I think that might have been phased out in a previous update, but I know PG2 is definitely removed in the upgrade to PG3x process. If the nodes are blank in Admin Console then PG2 is probably not running anymore. 

Good luck on the ticket. Let us know what happens.

It was working fine w/ v5.8.0, PG2 and PG3 - FYI.  I wish there was a warning -  I know it was in the forum, but messaging in the upgrade.

Will do - thank you!

Z-Matter board within Policy also not responding!!  Ugh.

UPDATE:

Since I was basically hard down, I followed @DennisC , @Geddy recommendation, and upgraded to PG3x.

The issues w/ZMatter board and other failures were resolved with the upgrade.

I was then able to migrate my PG2 and PG3 nodeservers to PG3x flawlessly by installing in the same slots!  Amazing.  I am relieved.  Nice programming work.

Up and running - phew.

Edited by SteveT
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, SteveT said:

I wish there was a warning

I would expect if there were issues or important things with an upgrade it would be posted in the release notes at the time of release. Sadly, it seems a lot of people blindly check for updates without getting an alert or reading the release notes. There's only so much that UD can put out in the way of warning or alerts. Can't make everybody happy all the time. People would complain that they get an update notice (either through email or some other way), but they're dead set not to update their system because "it works for me now". Others will complain there was no notification an update published and they blindly updated and something broke. It's just a big catch 22 for UD (IMO).

And I agree...many don't have "time" to monitor the forums or keep up with all the little things that are posted in a rare corner of the forums, but this is the most active place that many would find a lot of answers to the questions or issues they have. The forums are the best place to point users to for news and user-to-user support. It's great that UD staff help out as much as they do, but the forums are still mostly user-to-user support. 

Glad you got things sorted out and up and running! 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I am troubleshooting an issue that has arisen since updating to 5.8.4

Once every couple of weeks, my ISY will loose status values of connected devices. It happened again today 18 days after the last occurrence. In my troubleshooting I looked at Tools>Diagnostics>System Status and discovered that system startup time was this morning. (I do not have Query at restart checked) So that would explain the loss of system status. But now I am narrowing in on the reboot...

My Polisy is on a DC UPS power supply. It could be a power issue on my end, but I was wondering if any one else has experienced unexpected reboots. 

Screenshot2024-09-19at1_59_41PM.png.b03c2bcadc5c03a63ab33a8c39288cfa.png