ISY finder: not found

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Like the last guy been years and many computers later since I logged into ISY and used the programming feature.

I updated Java and an icon is on my desktop. When I launch the icon the blue box comes up and says ISY Finder:Not Found.

Below is a line with Name / URL / UUID with nothing in the cells below. At the bottom is the cancel add etc boxes.

What do I do?  thanks,

Chris

40 minutes ago, 62vetteefp said:

Like the last guy been years and many computers later since I logged into ISY and used the programming feature.

I updated Java and an icon is on my desktop. When I launch the icon the blue box comes up and says ISY Finder:Not Found.

Below is a line with Name / URL / UUID with nothing in the cells below. At the bottom is the cancel add etc boxes.

What do I do?  thanks,

Chris

You need to open Java from the start menu and delete files being sure to check all 3 boxes. Next you need to download a new start.jnlp from UD.

More detailed instructions are in the wiki.

Do you have any idea what software version is on you ISY?  While I am not certain, I wonder if the current ISY finder works with some of the older software versions.  I recall that in the past, we had to install new launchers for each ISY software version.  I also thought that we could access through a web browser at one point.

Edited by oberkc

Thanks. I did follow the wiki before commenting.

Opened JAVA as administrator by typing JAVA in the search box. Did click all 3 boxes in the settings cache clearing option.

Also downloaded the latest link from the wiki and now from Techman's link above. I see now it shows IoX Finder: Not Found

A new UD icon did show up on my desktop

Same issue.

What else can I try?

If you're happy with your current home automation functionality, I would simply subscribe to another one or two years of the portal , and set a reminder in your calendar around the time of the next subscription renewal to avoid it happening again

34 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Do you know how to sign in to your router so you can check the current IP address of your ISY?

If so, open the ISY Finder, click the add button and type in your IP address.

So I opened up the ATT router and there are four address's. None say isy. I tried to add all four and all came up with invalid URL..

image.png.0a6f368826fe8f88e8c3c8612a645c22.png

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Also, is the ISY functioning; your programs and lights etc are working, but you can't get to it?

Yes, but that is why I want to get in. Everything seems to work but my outside lights are coming on hours before sunset for some reason. Wanted to figure that out.

I see you are right down the street from me!  13 and Lahser

Edited by 62vetteefp
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, 62vetteefp said:

Do I need to get another year of Portal for me to be able to open the Launcher?

No.... My suggestion was not to upgrade the ISY to eisy as a solution to what is likely a java or local network problem. I have an eisy, it's great, but the migration is a lot of work, for likely no immediate benefit to you.

I bought an eisy because I sold my last house in Dearborn with the 994i and "things" last summer and started new here.  The 994i is a solid device that should continue serving you as is; you'll still get help with it here on the forums.

Edited by paulbates
1 hour ago, 62vetteefp said:

So I opened up the ATT router and there are four address's. None say isy. I tried to add all four and all came up with invalid URL..

image.png.0a6f368826fe8f88e8c3c8612a645c22.png

• There's 4 things on the list, I take it you recognize what .240 and .73 are and they are not the ISY? 
  • Do you know what the other 2 are? If no
    • Click the add button on the finder, and one at a time try
    • http://192.168.1.241/desc
    • Try the same thing with .71

• Like 1
  • Solution

@62vetteefp Lots of good help above, but your information seems to be all over the place. It appears that your ISY994 might not even be on the network. I think you need to review the setup for your network.

You have an AT&T modem/router/gateway from what you state above.

Connected to that you have an EERO device (this is a router). Do you have the EERO setup as an access point or is it also trying to act as a router? If so you probably have poor network setup and something isn't allowing the ISY994 and your laptop to talk to each other.

What is the network cable of the ISY994 plugged into? 

On your computer what OS are you running? Are you running any VPN or Anti-Virus software? If so turn them all off. 

4 hours ago, 62vetteefp said:

Do I need to get another year of Portal for me to be able to open the Launcher?

No, you DO NOT need to have Portal to be able to access your ISY994 as long as you are local to the device. 

However when you were logged into the portal could you see the UUID of your ISY994? The UUID should also be the MAC address that you would see on the router. (NOTE: I did just plug my old ISY994 in and it seem to be the case for me. I do NOT have this ISY994 connected to the portal account so it doesn't show up there for me, but did show up in the ISY Finder window and I confirmed by looking at the MAC addresses connected to my router.

I say this so that if/when you get on the router that the ISY994 is connected to you should see a MAC address that matches the UUID when you look at connected devices.

In the end...I suspect this is a networking setup issue that you have that should be worked our.

4 hours ago, 62vetteefp said:

Everything seems to work but my outside lights are coming on hours before sunset for some reason. Wanted to figure that out.

This also points to it being a network related issue. Sounds like the ISY994 is unable to connect to an outside time server. It's possible that it hasn't been working correctly since the time change (if your area adjusts for daylight saving time). Also by not being able to connect to the time server if the device has floated time it's possible it could be far out of sync of the "real" time. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Do you have the EERO setup as an access point or is it also trying to act as a router?

This is a good catch... if the ISY is physically plugged into the EERO, and the laptop connecting to the ATT... the NAT firewall in the EERO (assuming its on), would give these exact symptoms.

If possible, plug the ISY into the ATT router instead of the EERO (laptop and EERO need to both be connected to one or the other)

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

thanks!

My ISY is connected to ATT modem thru a D-Link switch box.

My Laptop is also connected to the same D-link switch box BUT I see that my laptop was actually set to the wireless eero system. I turned off the wifi on the laptop and now see isy and UID in the iox finder!!

Windows 11

I go to my LAN console, login and see all my devices. I can activate my devices in the console. I have had my windows defender off for a couple hours. No VPN. online portal is same UID #.

BUT the time is still off by 1.25 hours. 

In the Online portal it says ISY is not online.

I think I did everything you said? It looks like my ISY is not going out to the outside timer server and the ISY Portal? This shows internet access disabled.

image.png.f67267d0846d39d9757dc0aa418ae77f.pngimage.png.61c732a3713539cd1f0c1eb11aa6c5e5.png

Edited by 62vetteefp

I watched Steve Lees video on Port Forwarding and noticed my Gateway IP address (under Configuration/System) was not the same as my current router. Revised it to my ATT router and revised the DNS and saved and now my time is correct!!

So I had two issues, one my laptop was on the separate EERO wireless system while the ISY was on the router. The other was my Gateway settings in the ISY console were wrong.

Thanks everyone for the time and help.