Send SMS Message from email, custom format

I have a eISY and set it up to send an email to my phone as a SMS Message which was actually easier than I thought.

However, the message that comes out is too long.

I was able to create a custom format and reduce it some, however it is still too long:

FRM:

123456789012345-12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012-123456@mail.universal-devices.com

SUBJ:Laundry Door Closed

MSG:Laundry Door Closed

Is there a way to change the "FRM:" and remove the "FRM:", "SUBJ:" and "MSG:" from the text?

Ideally Just:

Laundry Door Closed

I would also like the phone number I receive it from not to increment after each message.  Currently every message comes from a different phone number.

10 hours ago, Joshhall said:

I would also like the phone number I receive it from not to increment after each message.  Currently every message comes from a different phone number.

You’re probably using the “default” server. You would probably be better off setting up a Gmail account to send this as it would then just be your email. See the wiki for setup instructions and tips for using Gmail. 

As @DennisC suggests you might be better off with the notification plugin as email to SMS are sometimes filtered or blocked by some carrier. Lots of reports in the forums for delayed alerts. Just depends how mission critical it is for your system. 

• Like 2