Tuesday at 04:03 AM1 day 59 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:@apostolakisl , if you are in the staging repo, we made massive changes to support polisy upgrade through eisy-ui (udx 5.0.0_7 to be exact). The only thing is that it will not upgrade the OS above 14.3p5 AND we have no way of testing everything against the old OS. So, although we believe things should continue working, it's just not a guarantee.With kind regards,MichelThis is where eisy ui says I am after the ssh upgrade. It appears I am in the staging repo. I don't know that I need cutting edge features on this polisy, but I would like to be certain it keeps working smoothly, especially with UD mobile.
Tuesday at 03:05 PM1 day I also have two of my test Polisys up to 6.1.2_10 as of this morning. There is a known issue with the backups not working, giving an Error 500.
Tuesday at 03:08 PM1 day 2 minutes ago, Guy Lavoie said:I also have two of my test Polisys up to 6.1.2_10 as of this morning. There is a known issue with the backups not working, giving an Error 500.They should be fixed in the next eisy-ui release.With kind regards,Michel
Tuesday at 06:52 PM1 day 15 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:@apostolakisl , if you are in the staging repo, we made massive changes to support polisy upgrade through eisy-ui (udx 5.0.0_7 to be exact). The only thing is that it will not upgrade the OS above 14.3p5 AND we have no way of testing everything against the old OS. So, although we believe things should continue working, it's just not a guarantee.With kind regards,MichelSo does this mean if my Polisy is on the Beta repo at 5.0.0_4, I cannot update using the Upgrade Packages button and need to do another SSH update at some point?Or, should I switch over to the Staging repo?
Tuesday at 06:56 PM1 day 2 minutes ago, peterathans said:So does this mean if my Polisy is on the Beta repo at 5.0.0_4, I cannot update using the Upgrade Packages button and need to do another SSH update at some point?Or, should I switch over to the Staging repo?You need to switch to staging, and then upgrade udx first. Then you can go back to Beta/Production and from then on, you can upgrade using eisy-ui.With kind regards,Michel
Tuesday at 07:00 PM1 day Thanks - when you say "upgrade udx first", I assume you mean Upgrade Packages (which upgrades everything)? I don't see an option to upgrade just one specific component like UDX.
Tuesday at 07:43 PM1 day 37 minutes ago, peterathans said:Thanks - when you say "upgrade udx first", I assume you mean Upgrade Packages (which upgrades everything)?I don't see an option to upgrade just one specific component like UDX.You'll need to do that one by ssh:sudo repo.stagingsudo pkg upgrade udx eisyuisudo reboot Then you'll be able to use eisyui for updates
9 hours ago9 hr 20 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:Then you'll be able to use eisyui for updatesActually another minor update will be needed before that works.
2 hours ago2 hr 6 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:Actually another minor update will be needed before that works.Is that why I can't upgrade from eisy_ui yet? I'm in the staging repo, and as of today it's offering 2 upgrades:PG3x 3.4.25 -> 3.4.26eisy UI 1.3.11_1 -> 1.4.0...but pushing the button doesn't do anything - other than putting up the "confirm" dialog and then the "don't reboot" dialog. So I need to do it by ssh one.more.time?-Tom
2 hours ago2 hr 4 minutes ago, xlurkr said:Is that why I can't upgrade from eisy_ui yet? I'm in the staging repo, and as of today it's offering 2 upgrades:PG3x 3.4.25 -> 3.4.26eisy UI 1.3.11_1 -> 1.4.0...but pushing the button doesn't do anything - other than putting up the "confirm" dialog and then the "don't reboot" dialog. So I need to do it by ssh one.more.time?-TomYes, upgrade all 4 (isy, udx, eisyui, pg3x) through ssh commands. If it upgrades udx to 5.0.0_7, then you might need to upgrade that way again the next time too.
2 hours ago2 hr 10 minutes ago, Guy Lavoie said:Yes, upgrade all 4 (isy, udx, eisyui, pg3x) through ssh commands. If it upgrades udx to 5.0.0_7, then you might need to upgrade that way again the next time too.I am at 5.0.0_7 already, and the staging repo doesn't have an upgrade listed for it. Just PG3X and eisy UI. btw: is it safe to ask for an upgrade for a component that you're already current on? I sure hope so.-Tom
1 hour ago1 hr 57 minutes ago, xlurkr said:I am at 5.0.0_7 already, and the staging repo doesn't have an upgrade listed for it. Just PG3X and eisy UI. btw: is it safe to ask for an upgrade for a component that you're already current on? I sure hope so.-TomYup, that's fine. No harm in requesting an upgrade if the version is already up to date, it just ignores it.
17 minutes ago17 min Went ahead boldly, because UDI is that trustworthy. Everything upgraded just fine. I guess I'll keep trying the "upgrade packages" button and doing ssh upgrades for all packages if it doesn't work, until further notice. Is there a place I can subscribe to upgrade announcements? I don't think they are showing up in the forum. But I don't want to slow down the developers by asking them to add a forum announcement to every update.e,g. eisy UI went to 1.4.1. It said it was going to go to 1.4.0, but I'll take it.-Tom
14 minutes ago14 min Oh, and at some point, I'll be happy to go back to the release repo. But only after the upgrade button is working for Polisy, on the package versions that you get on the release repo.-Tom
5 minutes ago5 min 8 minutes ago, xlurkr said:Went ahead boldly, because UDI is that trustworthy. Everything upgraded just fine. I guess I'll keep trying the "upgrade packages" button and doing ssh upgrades for all packages if it doesn't work, until further notice. Is there a place I can subscribe to upgrade announcements? I don't think they are showing up in the forum. But I don't want to slow down the developers by asking them to add a forum announcement to every update.e,g. eisy UI went to 1.4.1. It said it was going to go to 1.4.0, but I'll take it.-TomThese days, updates are occurring almost daily. To see where they're at, just switch to the production repo and then back to staging, to see an updated list of the latest versions. Click on the circled question mark to see the release notes.
Create an account or sign in to comment