Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ISYhbsh01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ISYhbsh01

  1. Unfortunately my home is not fully pre-wired for an alarm system. So I am thinking that 2 way wireless communication will be almost as good as a wired connection. That's if my assumption is correct, that 2 way communication means that the sensors & the control panel are in constant communication, and that the M1 would immediately know if a sensor stopped working.
  2. I started looking into the Elk M1. If I go forward with it I will mostly need to use wireless sensors. While doing my research I read that elk's own wireless receivers have 2 way communication while GE & Honeywell are only 1 way. What are your thoughts about that? Also, can you have more than one wireless receiver connected to the M1? Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  3. Or consider using instead an IR extender. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  4. ISYhbsh01 replied to ahwman's topic in ISY994
    I get you. But for anything along the lines of CastleOS/Kinect, you would need to have one in every room in the house. That would cost a small fortune. Personally I am looking forward to when Smartwatches will be mature enough to be able to accept voice commands & work in conjunction with Tasker on an Android phone. Or maybe install Tasker directly on the watch on those watches running full Android. That would be great. I think the day this will be possible is not that far away. Perhaps its already possible now with one of the smartwatches released lately. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  5. ISYhbsh01 replied to ahwman's topic in ISY994
    You can use your phone for that. If you have Android you can use MobiLinc with Tasker, or Tasker alone using REST commands. If you have an Iphone you can use the newly released version of Mobilinc for iOS with the voice plugin. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  6. Did you try to submit a support ticket to UDI? Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  7. I started playing around with this today. What I find is that EventGhost does not know the difference between a program running run if/run then/run else, and the macro executes when any of them are triggered. Do you see the same thing? Also can anyone explain how, if at all possible, to have Eventghost send a command to the ISY? How does the "send manual command" work?
  8. I will just add that the Pro module is also something you can add later if you need to. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  9. This is really the nature of technological advancement. New technologies come out all the time. At some point, if you want to stay up to date with the latest stuff, some of the currently owned technologies will have to be replaced. Take a computer for example, if you are fine with using your 10 year old software you might be ok with your 10 year old computer. However if you want to use the latest & greatest version, you will need to upgrade that computer. It's really unrealistic to expect that an ISY bought today is going to be able to support all kinds of new devices forever. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  10. Just saw that... So can I purchase the ISY-994i PRO on that page for $159 and that will replace my ISY-99i IR/PRO? The page doesn't make it really clear as to what the special price is an upgrade for... If you currently have the 99i Pro you don't need to buy the 994i Pro for $159. You can upgrade to the regular 994i for $129 and then contact UDI & they will transfer the "Pro" module from the 99 to the 994 along with the other modules you have bought. The difference between regular and "Pro" is not in the physical device, it's in the software. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  11. Shalom chaver! I cannot speak for UDI, but I think based on what I have read that this is not technically possible. Regarding Homeseer, my own experiance with homeseer goes back to several years ago when I tried Homeseer with Z-wave. I had a terrible experience with a less than 50% reliability rate and ended up sending everything back within the 30 day trial period. But this was the zwave devices' problem not homeseer's. So I don't remember much about Homeseer & I am sure a lot of things changed since then as well. I personally would not want to rely on a computer running 24/7 for my home automation. A computer, especially if also used for other tasks can sometimes crash, freeze, and/or needs to be restarted from time to time. BTW, speaking about Himezeer, the only one thing that I liked from Homeseer that the ISY does not have is the ability to have homseer poll an email account & respond to specific commands received in an email. At the time several years ago, the term smartphone did not exist yet, and this functionality gave me the ability to control devices in my home by sending a text message from my phone to the email address monitored by homeseer. Oh was that cool at the time... Today however we have smartphones and I use the Mobilinc app so this feature is not so important to me anymore. My wife though does not have a smartphone and for here this woupd come in nicely. Perhaps UDI will add this functionality one day. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  12. I don't think this is is even possible for UDI to do. The blame is squarely on Smarthome's shoulders for refusing to make a PLM for use outside of the USA. I have a brother that lives in Europe who would love to be able to do the same home automation stuff as I do, but he can't because of smarthome's stupid decision. Buying the hub is something he wouldn't even consider. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  13. I will add that if you are planning to do home automation stuff for the remainder of your life, you will need the 994 to support new Insteon devices. There are already now several recently released Insteon devices, which the 99 with it's older firmware does not support. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  14. ISYhbsh01 replied to garybixler's topic in ISY994
    If Ubi would have designed their product in a way that the UBI would be a central controller for $300 & then you would be able to attach much cheaper wired and/or wireless sensors/microphones/speakers in every room, that would be something to talk about.
  15. ISYhbsh01 replied to garybixler's topic in ISY994
    I checked out the UBI website again. They now officially call it a beta product. My personal issue with UBI is that I consider this an extremely expensive product. On the one hand, if I want to utilize it's full potential I would need one in every room in the house, which would cost a thousand dollars or two. While if I am going to buy this for only one room in the house, I consider $300 spent for only being able to use this in one room a very expensive purchase as well. I would stick for now to using an Android phone with tasker & Auto Voice for voice control, and a 1-wire sensor solution for environment monitoring. Those should cover for most of the features of the UBI. What do you guys think? EDIT:If Ubi would have designed their product in a way that the UBI would be a central controller for $300 & then you would be able to attach much cheaper wired and/or wireless sensors/microphones/speakers in every room, that would be something to talk about.
  16. That's a good one, LOL...
  17. I don't have a NEST. But honestly I would feel much better about Google buying it rather than Apple... With Google's open philosophy there is a much better chance of seeing ISY integration one day. If Apple would have bought it it wouldn't stand a chance. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  18. Network resources does not support variables yet. It is planned for a future firmware update. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  19. The ISY can only see the temperature used to control the thermostat. If the thermostat is set to use the external sensor, that's what the ISY will see. If it's set to use its own sensor the ISY will see that & not the external temp. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  20. I wish the heartbeat interval would have been customizable.
  21. I thought so. That's why I am very hesitant to change from an iolinc with a leak sensor to the battery operated leak sensor. With the iolinc I would get notified once power is restored if there is a leak. The same thing is true with the open/close sensor vs. Iolinc with magnetic sensor. And actually its not just a power outage that I am concerned about, it's also if for whatever reason the single message being sent by the battery operated device is missed, lets say because of communication problems, you will never get notified, while with the wired iolinc the ISY always knows its current status & its not just a single message that can be missed. Am I correct? Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  22. LeeG, If there is a leak during the power outage, the ISY would never get the message & wouldn't know about it even after power is restored. Am I correct? Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  23. ISYhbsh01 replied to Ltek's topic in ISY994
    "Buying devices or apps to fill a very basic gap like this is not desirable not is a 'solution' - for more complex things, like a Mobile UI, sure maybe but I don't like Mobilinc for a few reasons - and something this simple should not require a $20 "Fix" anyway." So please help me understand, what is the problem, is it that it's a 3rd party that developed an app for iphone & android and not UDI? If UDI would have developed the apps themselves & would have charged $20 more for the ISY in the first place, then it would not have been considered a "Fix"?... "Bottom line - dead simple use case... using an ISY 'native method' ... try to turn on Vacation mode (to enable your Folder conditions) using ONLY a push of ONE BUTTON. Lets say, on a web page from any device and where in the world -- that SUPER SIMPLE thing is not possible." That's very much possible and hundreds of people are doing this every day. I for example have a program called "away for 24 hours". I have a couple of folders and programs with conditions based on whether the away program is true or false & all I need to do is click on the "run then" to activate it and click on "run else" to deactivate it. Variables can also be used to accomplish that, but I set it up this way before variables were added to the ISY. This can bee done from any device with a web browser. "admin & dashboard requires Java... mobile devices do not use Java and I don'w want to install Java on every computer I might use. AND there is still no 'one button' way even with the Java apps. ... this is simple ON / OFF ... that is all." Admin console indeed requires java, I am not sure about the dashboard, but the standard web page from where you can control all the devices & programs, "simple ON / OFF" as you call it, does not require java and as I said can be done from any device with a web browser. Most people though would prefer an app like mobilinc rather than using the web browser on a mobile device, for the same reason that there are thousands of apps available for many things which can also be done from the mobile web browser. "I'm moving off this topic for now at least. I have too much to do." With all due respect, I get the impression that you have a minimal knowledge of the ins and outs of the ISY and how it works. On top of that, it seems that you are here searching for a problem not a solution, looking for questions and not for the answers. I might be wrong with my assessment and if so I beg your pardon in advance. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  24. ISYhbsh01 replied to sideslope's topic in ISY994
    Another benefit of scenes over programs: If the ISY stops working for whatever reason, scenes will continue to work.
  25. ISYhbsh01 replied to garybixler's topic in ISY994
    This is from their website: "Integrate with outside apps using command-based HTTP requests (post / get based on a specified command)" This means that you should be able to use UBI to control your ISY by issuing REST commands to the ISY. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.