Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michel Kohanim

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Michel Kohanim

  1. Illusion, What you are experiencing is NOT right. Automatic mode should work for your KPL (I explicitly tested V36). It's odd that factory reset didn't fix the issue ... I am at a loss. How old is your KPL V36? With kind regards, Michel
  2. Hello gfridland, It's possible but before going any further, please go to Configuration | System and make sure Wait while busy reading is checked (lower left box). With kind regards, Michel
  3. Hi Tom, Apologies for the inconvenience. There used to be a bug with null names which caused the symptoms you are experiencing. Please try: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.2/admin.jnlp If that does not work, please send your backup to Rand (support@universal-devices.com) ... he's a master of fixing it! With kind regards, Michel
  4. Hello osullys, Are you trying to send RS232 commands to ISY? Unfortunately that would not work. On the other hand, you can send REST (network requests) to ISY and you will find many examples here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2252 With kind regards, Michel
  5. Hi Brian, DHCP Offer-name is only sent in the following conditions: 1. ISY is rebooted and it's trying to get a new lease 2. ISY is trying to renew the lease In the case where ISY has a lease and the router is rebooted, and if ISY does not know that the router has been rebooted, then it will not try to renew/rebind and thus the unknown. With kind regards, Michel
  6. Hello Illusion, I think the major problem is that the event viewer is giving out too much information. i1 and i2 are two methods of communicating with devices. This said, however, i2 has different flavors: 1. using i2 to configure the database 2. using i2 to set/get operational parameters In Automatic mode, ISY gets the engine version and if indeed the version is i2, then it will use i2 get/set methods as long as they are supported. If not, then it reverts to using PEEK/POKE. As far as database management, ISY never uses i2 for anything else except: 1. Motion Sensors 2. TriggerLincs 3. Some EZxxx devices Do you have anything else in that scene or is it just a scene for the buttons on that KPL? With kind regards, Michel
  7. Hi Illusion, Thanks. I did check the code and we have not truncated the subject line at all. The only change has been the addition of Sent timestamp (the actual time the email was sent from ISY) and I do not think that would impact the subject line truncation. We'll check into the terms and conditions issue. With kind regards, Michel
  8. Hi Billy, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I know exactly how it feels to have to deal with erratic behavior (in the past 2 weeks, I've replaced my Sony laptop 6 times and perhaps have broken the world record). Although it might be ISY but it's going to be quite difficult fixing it if we cannot reproduce it. I sure hope that the sensor is the issue. With kind regards, Michel
  9. Hello johnmsch, That's quite odd. You should see: ISY99-HOME-AUTO Can you tell me what's your ISY's firmware version? With kind regards, Michel
  10. Hello Illusion, Thanks so very much for the suggestion. Are you saying that the title of notifications used to be longer and now they are truncated? As far as terms and conditions, we will look into it ... I do have Snow Leopard myself and I have not been able to reproduce it but we'll continue digging in. With kind regards, Michel
  11. Hi, Device Reported is going to cause major issues with other devices that report as i2 but do not support i2 commands. Automatic uses i2 only for devices that we know support i2: Motion Sensors TriggerLinc EZIOxxx I would not change the mode to Automatic. With kind regards, Michel
  12. Michel Kohanim replied to sorka's topic in ISY994
    Hi Sorka, Have you looked at our 3rd party section of the forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?c=7 There are at least 3 native iPhone/iPod applications that will work with iPad as well. With kind regards, Michel
  13. Hi Candide, Thanks so very much for retrying. I think the problem is in 2.7.15 and not 2.8.2. Please wait for 2.8.3 wherein you can actually set all these modes and, at the least, we will know what the settings are before arriving at any conclusions. With kind regards, Michel
  14. Hi dansmith, Already supported in 2.8.2 and above. With kind regards, Michel
  15. Hi all, Just wanted to post yet another personal thanks to LeeG who identified the missing pieces of the puzzle. In 2.8.3, you should have the ability to set the following: 1. Sensing mode 2. Night only mode 3. On only mode Thanks again LeeG!!! With kind regards, Michel
  16. Hi Billy, I do apologize if my response sounded defensive. My motion sensor works and thus the response. I am going to ask one of our gurus to take a look at this and figure out what's going on. Final question: is your motion sensor new or old? With kind regards, Michel
  17. Hello rlrjupiter, Thanks so very much for the update: my bad since I had not read the instructions correctly myself. Candide, I am not sure why you would have those conditions. INSTEON code has not been changed since 2.7.15. Please do be kind enough to try 2.8.2 again later and report back. Also, it's working fine here. With kind regards, Michel
  18. Hello techguy99, Unfortunately I think the problem is the PLM (ISY is now in safe mode and thus the reason you are not seeing your programs). Please check Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info. If it shows disconnected, then your PLM is dead. With kind regards, Michel
  19. Hi, Some LampLincs and ApplianceLincs (w/Sense) were capable of acting as controllers. With kind regards, Michel
  20. Hello paulbram, Apart from using the network module and a serial interface such as Global Cache, we do not have any plans for direct support of w800. Actually, it's still in our requirements list but has very low priority since we only got 6 interested in this capability. With kind regards, Michel
  21. Hi Billy, We basically follow the APIs as provided by SmartHome to communicate with the Motion Sensors (and other devices). I really do not know what else we can do beyond conforming to specs unless the specs have changed without our knowledge. With kind regards, Michel
  22. Hello jcthorne, Yes, 2.7.15 should support IRLinc TX as long as you have the older firmware version in the IRLinc TX. The new firmware does not work. If you are having difficulties linking your IRLinc TX, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll hook you up with SmartHome personnel who can downgrade your firmware. With kind regards, Michel
  23. Hello kaplansa, I am so very happy that you are happy! Yes, the finder should stay there as long as the Admin Console is there. The function of the finder is that you can add remote ISYs and thus not have to remember IP addresses/URLs when you are remote. With kind regards, Michel
  24. Hello kaplansa, Apologies for a tardy reply. First of all, your PLM was in fact in linking mode but the linking mode is only active for 4 minutes. I think we have other problems here mainly something in the computer (i.e. firewall software) is blocking evenits coming from ISY. That's the main reason why you were stuck in the linking mode. Since your PLM shows connected and since you could actually put it in linking mode via ISY, I would have to conclude that the PLM is OK. The first thing I would do is to check the firewall on your computer to make sure that either ISY is in the white/trusted list/zone OR that it's not being blocked. Secondly, sometimes firewall software may ignore a Java application in situations where they block a Java applet. In this respect, would you be kind enough to try the following link instead: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/admin.jnlp And, if all else fails, please do not hesitate to contact our tech support team to schedule a live call. Our hours of operation are from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time. With kind regards, Michel
  25. Hello craigf, If you are testing momentary C, then the IOLinc must be in a scene with a controller. I am not certain how else you can test. Furthermore, please ensure that you have the latest firmware for the IOLinc. The older ones reported the status of the relay for the sensor. With kind regards, Michel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.