Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michel Kohanim

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Michel Kohanim

  1. Hi skunkiechris, Alpha is going very well and we do not have any show stoppers as of yet. So, I am hoping by the weekend. If you do not mind trying the alpha, please send me an email (tech@universal-devices.com) and I'll provide you with the instructions. With kind regards, Michel
  2. Hello Rich, Much closer: we are working on a framework change which allows the inclusion of network devices with their capabilities. I cannot give you an ETA yet (unfortunately). With kind regards, Michel
  3. Hi Chris, got it. Thanks so very much. It shall be added to our bug list. With kind regards, Michel
  4. AutomationNut, Aha, now I understand the context of your previous post. Yes, 2.7.4 + all fix this issue. May I humbly recommend waiting for 2.7.6 which is filled with new features? With kind regards, Michel
  5. Hello all, Unfortunately, you will have to resave the programs with "unspecified" devices before ISY realizes that they are back otherwise it considers them missing. We do have an enhancement request to fix this and it now has medium priority. With kind regards, Michel
  6. Hi Rich, The PLM is capable of sending/receiving X10 messages. All you have to do is to make programs for the House Code/Unit Code of your X10 device. With kind regards, Michel
  7. Hello Mr. Graber, Thanks so very much for the update. Personally I think by adding the AP on top of your PLM, you are making your MS/TL use that access point instead [of the other one]. In all likelihood, I think the problem is that your WiFi is interfering with some of your INSTEON access points. In any case, I want to thank you again for posting your experiences to this forum. With kind regards, Michel
  8. Hi fuzzer, Please look at the left side of your ISY and locate the SD Card rubber cap. Take that out, take out the SD card, and then slide it back in. Sometimes, the SD Card gets loose in shipment. Please do keep me posted. With kind regards, Michel
  9. Hi Tim, You have it right except for the last step: ISY automatically removes the old device. With kind regards, Michel
  10. Hello Jim, This is indeed very odd ... would you mind testing our 2.7.6 alpha? If you do not mind, please send me an email to tech@universal-devices.com . With kind regards, Michel
  11. Hi Tim, From a manual point of view, what you have done is correct. An automated way would be: 1. Add a new device 2. Right mouse click on the old device and, in the Replace With menu, choose the new device 3. In your programs, do a search/replace function to replace all occurrences of the old one If your programs do NOT work with the new device, please do make sure that you still get status updates from your device in the console. If not, then something is very wrong. With kind regards, Michel
  12. Hello Jim and CJVann, I am hoping for 2.6.8 (couple of months). With kind regards, Michel
  13. Hello RichTJ99, The answer to the 2nd question is that we currently do not support sending emails to specific recipients: it's all or nothing. To adjust the scene using programs: 1. Go to Program Details tab 2. Click on your desired program 3. Click on Then 4. In the Action box, choose "Adjust Scene" 5. In the subsequent drop down lists, choose your Controller OR Scene and then choose the device (responder) for which you want the on level changed With kind regards, Michel
  14. Hi Mike, I am so very glad to hear that everything is working. Thanks so very much for the update. With kind regards, Michel
  15. Hi Mike, Welcome back! It simply means that your "computer" cannot access the Internet and thus cannot find our Auto Update site which notifies you of the latest firmware available. I wouldn't worry about it. With kind regards, Michel
  16. Hi Rich, If your KPL C is a controller in a scene, then the program you have will not work. What you need to do instead is to use the Adjust Scene function in your programs (i.e you will have to have ISY adjust the on level for MBR and BR lights when controlled by C between those hours). To receive emails, simply use the Notify option in your programs. With kind regards, Michel
  17. Hi again Rich, Precisely: mutual exclusive buttons exclude one another. So, only one can be on at each time. The most applicable scenario for Mutex buttons is for moods: different on levels/ramp rates for the same set of devices to effectuate certain moods (party, romantic, going to bed, etc.). For Mutex buttons to work across cross linked KPLs, both KPLs should be configured with the same exact configurations otherwise everything will go out of synch pretty quickly. With kind regards, Michel
  18. Hello MSM, I am so very glad that you got your system up and running again. As far as switching from INSTEON to something else, well, that's a very hotly debated topic and pretty much very subjective. Since we do work with most protocols, I can tell you that each and every one of them have their own drawbacks. If you have a large installation (above 2500 sq feet), then ZWave/Zigbee or any type of RF device will cause you problems. So, you'll be left with INSTEON and UPB. Personally (very subjective), I love the fact that INSTEON is really instantaneous and does not make any noise when you turn switches on/off. With kind regards, Michel
  19. Hi RichTJ99, Your program becomes false as soon as the Kitchen light is turned on and thus stops the execution. Since there's no harm in turning an on device on again, I would remove the second condition (Status Kitchen Light is off). With kind regards, Michel
  20. Hi Eug, This is extremely odd. You should be given the option of viewing the logs either in Excel or text file. Would you be kind enough to contact our tech support so that we can login remotely and see what's going on? With kind regards, Michel
  21. Hello lazyman, I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you are running 2.7.5, there was an issue with the http task locking up. If you don't mind, please install: http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip (userid=isy, password = autoupdate). With kind regards, Michel
  22. Hi MSM, I am so very sorry to hear this. Please do keep me posted as I am anxious (maybe as much as you) to get this situation resolved as soon as possible. With kind regards, Michel
  23. Hi Eug, Yes, that's what I mean. Two questions: 1. What ISY firmware version are you on? You should be given an option to view in Excel or as text only 2. What platform is your computer? With kind regards, Michel
  24. Hi RichJT99, Excellent. I am so very sorry it seems that we missed your first post. To make mutually exclusive buttons, drag and drop the buttons that are exclusive into one of the groups. With kind regards, Michel
  25. Michel Kohanim replied to a post in a topic in ISY994
    Hi Oktane, I am so very sorry to hear about this. I wouldn't worry about upgrading/updating issues since ISY is in the safe mode: we have to fix the PLM issue first. Most of the time, the problem with the PLM is that the cable does not make contact with the pins inside the PLM. So, what I suggest are the following: 1. Change the cable that connects ISY to the PLM 2. If 1 does not work, use a sharp object and pull up the pins on the PLM's RJ45 jack 3. If 2 does not work, then you will surely need a new PLM With kind regards, Michel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.