Everything posted by larryllix
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
Sure sounds like it. I know I had to factory reset mine quite a few times before I got a decent connection with ISY. I have just checked my two units and ISY V5.0.4 is really not co-operating with them. The 2441ZTH is still not a listed supported device but I am about to try to completely destroy the ISY record of them, factory reset, and relink them to ISY to see what another year of ISY developement has done. Me thinks they link in as a 2441TH and proper protocols are not supported. The increment/decrement has never worked depite manual controls working and ISY knowing the temperature from the stats. That is an ISY bug, in my book. With V5 I could stuff the temp into a variable, increment it, and then put it back if I wanted to.
-
Can PING be used within ISY Programming to verify device presence?
http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Developers:API:REST_Interface
-
Can PING be used within ISY Programming to verify device presence?
I believe there is such a thing as modern routers that will do notifications upon a particular MAC address connecting in. This would be perfect and very reliable but I do not know of any models that do such a thing. I don't want t hijack your thread but, models of routers that have geofencing capabilities would be good to know. Links?
-
Outdoor temperature
I use outside temperature sensing and wind, combined to influence my heating patterns. This is done with a WC8 board for wind speed and several temperature sensors for an averaged temperature and rejection of wild readings/sensors. I have found not much can be done to influence the simple automated control of an HVAC system by a good thermostat. I would be interested in how you want to make use of the weather information.
-
newbie question on annunciators
Gary likes to get things packaged separately as he owns a parcel delivery company.
-
Problems cross linking
In the end Insteon does not have three-way or multi-way switches. Insteon switches/dimmers are just logically ORed to the each other to control common lights. People call this 3-way or multi-way (for more than 1 switch) The wiring needs to be analysed to accomplish this from a previously 3-way wired set of switches as the colours can be confusing for even electricians at times. Without a complete picture we are all just guessing based on what is "usual" and you can sacrifice an Insteon device or two doing it off a guess. At worse cause a fire or electrocute yourself or one of your loved ones.
-
Monitoring External temperature of a wireless thermostat 2441ZTH
No. The external temperature sensor can be swap wired with the internal. There are a few methods using 1-wire devices with RPi or WC8 but the easiest way and probably the cheapest is CAO Tags I have four now and they are so easy to implement. They will natively email you, send temps to devices by URL, or about 15 other methods, even talk to you on a mobile app.. Mine will not disconnect to the end of the street about 1000 feet and batteries are claimed to last about a year or two. So far, I believe it and they use CR2032 batteries that I get at the dollar store in a pack of three. The Pro unit can save months worth of data and update the database when they connect again. I get temperature to 0.3C accuracy, 0.001C resolution accuracy, humidity, motion, loss of signal, X,Y,Z axis positions, weatherproof (some). To stuff values into ISY you need to install a little program in their KumoApp cloud service to make your master unit stuff the parameters into ISY. It can be downloaded or copied from a thread here or PM me and your variable locations installed. They are easy and awesome.
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
At the least the humidity should report every minute or minutes regardless. If you can't get that working check your event list on the admin console on level 3. If that isn't working you may have comm problems or just plain defective stat. I know mounting an RF device tight against a piece of wood or drywall can be a problem getting the signal out to where it needs . Try locating closer to your PLM or a dual-band echoing device that does work consistently. Examine the event log again on level 3. You should be able to see that humidity update.
-
newbie question on annunciators
I wouldn't want one in a room where my guests could see it easily or to operate lights on an everyday usage frequency but they can be really useful acting as 6 or 8 devices.
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
I used a hair dryer on mine for a few seconds to force an update into ISY Then to force the outputs to update ISY I cranked the setpoints high and then low Humidity should update by itself. This fools many people into thinking the stats are defective. The stat never reports anything but humidity on a time basis.
- 2477D not responding to scene
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
I don't understand the term dongle used with a power supply. I you refer to a wallwart AC adapter, yes I am using one but that won't change the available devices in ISY in the menu list. I use that technique for my WC8 weather station board.
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
Since they are not listed as a device, that is the only way it can be done.
-
2477D not responding to scene
Try a restore on each of the two devices. Perhaps a link has been lost in one.
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
2441ZTH was never shown in the pulldown devices list in ISY. i\I have two and both show the correct type after reading the device type and version. Both have different features that work and neither have all the controls work. Even some of the program lines do not work with them. eg. temperature increment/decrement sends nothing.
-
2441zth thermostat not sending updates
Factory reset and make sure it is complete then link it again. IIRC ISY does not have a definition for the 2441ZTH and will link to it as a 2441TH only. I have one that is controllable and one that isn't, different firwmares. Both will report temperature changes when it happens only and both report humidity on a heartbeat continuous basis.
-
Electrical Gang Box gets hot with 3 Insteon Switches! Normal?
Just remember in the summer you may pay twice for the wasted heat too. You pay to create the bulb and dimmer heat, and you pay again to take it out with A/C.
-
Hue Integration?
I have everything in my LAN pegged down with a static IP address dictated by my router. Guests are the only devices that get dynamic assignment. Each person's devices gets blocks of ten number groupings just to keep it easy to figure out who is doing what. Printers and common things get different ranges etc. Every device uses DHCP and the router reigns supreme.
-
newbie question on annunciators
Yup. Four buttons can produce 4x4x4x4x4x4 = 4096 combinations, if all combos use six key pushes. I settled on four and three keystroke combinations to operate things, though. My KPL is right over my inverters so it is not 100% reliable, all the time, taking a second try at the combo, when low light conditions put the inverters in the low load and noisy synthesizing mode. Less keystrokes makes it more reliable. http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16135-using-keypad-triggers-for-a-multiple-combination-locks/?hl=combination
-
Garage Door Opening after Power Failure
We decided years ago, after a few scrapes, GD frame repairs and body jobs to never back into our garage again. When we built our new house the Chief Inspector said over my plans, "No, you aren't using the standard 8' wide doors, you aren't getting any younger". Best advise I ever got going 9' wide. Yeah you have to drive in forward. Mount it on the door but the cord would be a problem. These days with LEDs and MS built in batteries should last years.
-
newbie question on annunciators
I have a 6 key KPL. The major buttons act as a light control for the room. The four small buttons indicate garage door open, lights on upstairs, lights on downstairs. The four small buttons also act as a combination lock with multiple codes for security, as well as turning my washing machine, or well pump back on after a water leak is detected. Each function with a different four key sequence.
-
Insteon thermostat
As a test I have a potlamp (not a grow op) over my desk that flashes every time a setpoint change is made on my thermostat to prove my stat programs are working correctly. If you have ISY v5.xx firmware you can stuff the temperature into a variable each time it changes. If you really want to find out you can assign 5-10 sequential variables to the task, and shift them all down one and shove the latest temperature into the top variable each time the temperature changes. Then you will have a record of the last 5-10 temperature changes for your examination. It's your ISY, your variables, and your time,,,play with it and have fun. costs nothing. If InsteonStat temp <9999 Then var10 = var9 var9 = var8 var7 - ..... ..... var2 = var1 var1 = InsteonStat Temp Else --
-
newbie question on annunciators
...and each button could still be used to acknowledge alarms or other related activities, like lighting scenes around each door that is indicated and labelled on each LED.
-
Hue Integration?
I haven't installed Polyglot so I can't say a real comparison but I feel sorry for newbies attempting to tackle anything on a RPi. I know this. I worked on a Unix work alike in the 80s for many years, writing my own drivers for FDD, HDDs, integer compilers, and many other pieces of software, but the Linux thing on the RPi is the worse piece of confusion I have ever seen. The documentation is not only bad, much of it is wrong and misleading. 90% of the software doesn't work due to incompatibilities with different versions of OSes, or implementations. Software and system code writers enjoy making things as cryptic as possible with no rhyme or reason for names given to app and utilities, Instructions are given out as a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no explanation of what any of it means. Standards are lacking, unless one considers having 30 different standards as a standard. It's a mess and most of it isn't even compatible with itself. Sure it will settle down into a few but it will most likely settle into another completely different base that will win out and obsolete the whole thing based on thinking the Rpi was cheap to start with but I can buy a bare CPU for $10 too, much cheaper. Don't get me wrong. I love the concept, and own two RPis, but without some real instructional documents most people are just going to be lost and scared off. My bet is 90% of RPis have not been powered them on within the last month and sit on a shelf or junkbox somewhere..
-
newbie question on annunciators
I haven't had any problem with my kpl. They do have some complex options that can be difficult to understand. Get an 8 key kpl though.