Is Nodelink installable on Policy ??

bgrubb1

13 minutes ago, bgrubb1 said:

If so, do you just shell into Policy and run the Pi script ??

...Barry

No. Its a different Linux variant than a Pi.

My understanding is that it would be loaded on the Polisy.  Did you try:

http://w.x.y.z:8090/index.htm

.. where w.x.y.z is your polisy's ip address? If that works you'll need to copy your config.xml over using something like WinSCP

Its also possible that Nodelink is there, but needs to be added to the startup.

Paul

Hi everyone,

We haven't found and official release for .Net on FreeBSD 12. This means that we will have to install two copies of OpenSSL since the older version of .Net doesn't support the latest version of OpenSSL already installed on Polisy.

Once we find .Net on FreeBSD 12, we will compile it for Polisy, make sure it works (with help from @io_guy) and make it available as an official package.

With kind regards,

Michel

57 minutes ago, DennisC said:

So is it possible to run Polisy for the other node servers and run Polyglot on  Raspberry Pi with just Nodelink on it?

Absolutely, though you shouldn't have Polyglot running on your RPi if you're running it on a Polisy.  I have local Polyglot nodeservers running on my Polisy and NodeLink running on my RPi.  I also have a few nodeservers running on Polyglot Cloud.  Works great.

EDIT: You could always run Polyglot nodeservers on your RPi if they don't work on Polisy.  Presence-Poly comes to mind, since it uses bluetooth which is currently unavailable on the Polisy.

Summary: it doesn't appear to matter to the ISY which external device runs the nodeservers, as long as they're all configured correctly.

17 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi everyone,

We haven't found and official release for .Net on FreeBSD 12. This means that we will have to install two copies of OpenSSL since the older version of .Net doesn't support the latest version of OpenSSL already installed on Polisy.

Once we find .Net on FreeBSD 12, we will compile it for Polisy, make sure it works (with help from @io_guy) and make it available as an official package.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is Polisy using a custom version of OpenSSL?  Because it's just the openssl111 I install from the standard FreeBSD package repo for NodeLink.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:44 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@io_guy,

No, it uses OpenSSL that comes with FreeBSD 12.1 but that's not what nodelink is using.

With kind regards,
Michel

Confused, because that all I used to get it NodeLink running - I installed OpenSSL from the FreeBSD repo.  

So Nodelink should be able to run on Polisy, correct?

I've had it running on my PC server with great success for years, working with my Venstar T-Stats. Thanks to IO guy for creating and supporting.

Bought Polisy as it appeared to me that as the IOT universe expands, it might be more likely that an ISY interface for some gizmo might materialize for the Polisy...

50 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@telljcl, it should be but it requires another OpenSSL package. We are waiting for mono to be supported on FreeBSD 12.1 (currently, it runs on 11).

With kind regards,
Michel

NodeLink doesn't use mono anymore, it's Net Core 3. 

Can polisy not just use the openssl package from the FreeBSD repo?  Seems odd to build it into the image. 

Second and "Thirded"! :)

Especially support for Venstar is enticing! I don't have the expertise to use the other work-arounds being suggested here. Just NOW getting comfortable installing these nodes onto my shiny new Polisy. My hope is that this will work the same was as the others (at some point).

Thanks very much for developing this...anxious to try it out!

On 1/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi io_guy,

It can. But, again, OpenSSL is included in the package and Net Core 3 in insisting on using a back level OpenSSL package. The question is: why????

With kind regards,
Michel

Yea I'm not clear on how it's a back level.  It's the package from the FreeBSD repo.  

13 hours ago, Tuckerdude said:

Second and "Thirded"! :)

Especially support for Venstar is enticing! I don't have the expertise to use the other work-arounds being suggested here. Just NOW getting comfortable installing these nodes onto my shiny new Polisy. My hope is that this will work the same was as the others (at some point).

Thanks very much for developing this...anxious to try it out!

+1

@io_guy,

Do you have to install OpenSSL or does Nodelink work out of the box on Polisy? If the latter, we'll do everything we can to get it working on Polisy. If the former, this will cause a conflict. The difference is between OpenSSL 1.1.1 (used by NodeLink) and OpenSSL1.1.1d included in Polisy. So, does Net Core 3 work with OpenSSL1.1.1d?

With kind regards,
Michel

On 1/3/2020 at 10:55 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@io_guy,

Do you have to install OpenSSL or does Nodelink work out of the box on Polisy? If the latter, we'll do everything we can to get it working on Polisy. If the former, this will cause a conflict. The difference is between OpenSSL 1.1.1 (used by NodeLink) and OpenSSL1.1.1d included in Polisy. So, does Net Core 3 work with OpenSSL1.1.1d?

With kind regards,
Michel

I need to install OpenSSL.  

But I don't understand what the polisy config is since I'm installing the OpenSSL from the official FreeBSD repo.  Why is polisy using something different?

1.1.1d is the fourth release of 1.1.1 to fix some vulnerabilities (there is a 1.1.1e release now as well - https://www.openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities-1.1.1.html). It may not yet be in the official repositories (I have not checked) but UDI is trying to keep us all secure by using the latest code.

Archived