ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

7 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@MWareman, we had it inline before and that caused issues. So, it's back to being queued. We'll take another look once we have a little more time.

Thank you. At what point are the substitutions performed? Is it as or before the event is queued - or as events are pulled off the queue and delivered? IMO as long as substitutions are performed when the events are queued it really shouldn't matter. I'm trying to determine if the # in a substitution is reliable - or could be a different device ID by the time an event comes out of the queue.

My main current issue is that I'm having many, many other issues seemingly caused by status not updating. I have this:
image.png.bb6678b223534638fa23fb09581653dc.png

The 'Pushover - Notify Light Status' contains this payload (as the 'message' for a Pushover message):
${sys.node.#.name}+-+(${sys.node.#.addr})+${sys.node.#.ST}

I get a message correctly substituted when I turn the light off - but not when turning it on (should be triggering on 'Status is not Off'). No event is delivered at all. This used to work to trigger every time the status changed at all (by on, off, dimming, remote or local control). I have tried a 'Restore Device' (just in case the link table got corrupted) but it's behaving the same. Did something change here - or is there a better way to have a program trigger every time the status updates? (I cannot use 'switched' as sometimes the light is adjusted by API - and I need the program to trigger when this occurs as well).

• Thanks 1

@Michel Kohanim

Found another bug in polisy v5.3.0

System variable "Minutes since start of day" produces the wrong resultant. Mine seems to increment with time but appears to be based on 7:00 PM EST (EST here).

eg: At 11:50 PM it produced 250. This would be 4 hr 10 minutes after 7:00 PM.

Edited by larryllix

@Michel Kohanim

Found another bug in V5.3.0

Program stop does not function immediately and waits until a Wait line.

GathRm.automatic.select - [ID 01D7][Parent 0004]

If
        'Gathering Room / PotLights over Chairs' is switched Fade Down

// vocal control also

Then
        $sGathRm.colours  = $cMODE.RESET
        $sGathRm.colours  = $cMODE.AUTOMATIC
        $sGathRm.whites  = $cMODE.RESET
        $sGathRm.whites  = $cMODE.AUTOMATIC

// shouldn't be needed

Stop program 'GathRm.automatic.select' <----- doesn't process immediately
        $sAutoLighting.night -= 1
        $sAutoLighting.day -= 1
        Wait  1 second                         <-------- processes STOP here.
        $sAutoLighting.day += 1
        $sAutoLighting.night += 1

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Edited by larryllix

9 hours ago, MWareman said:

Thank you. At what point are the substitutions performed? Is it as or before the event is queued - or as events are pulled off the queue and delivered? IMO as long as substitutions are performed when the events are queued it really shouldn't matter. I'm trying to determine if the # in a substitution is reliable - or could be a different device ID by the time an event comes out of the queue.

My main current issue is that I'm having many, many other issues seemingly caused by status not updating. I have this:
image.png.bb6678b223534638fa23fb09581653dc.png

The 'Pushover - Notify Light Status' contains this payload (as the 'message' for a Pushover message):
${sys.node.#.name}+-+(${sys.node.#.addr})+${sys.node.#.ST}

I get a message correctly substituted when I turn the light off - but not when turning it on (should be triggering on 'Status is not Off'). No event is delivered at all. This used to work to trigger every time the status changed at all (by on, off, dimming, remote or local control). I have tried a 'Restore Device' (just in case the link table got corrupted) but it's behaving the same. Did something change here - or is there a better way to have a program trigger every time the status updates? (I cannot use 'switched' as sometimes the light is adjusted by API - and I need the program to trigger when this occurs as well).

A bit more experimentation.

The program is triggering (I have some variable assignments immediately following the network resource - and these are being updated). However - the NR is never run. 

So far - I have not found anything in the logs. This is a multicast NR just to broadcast the device status. I tried changing it to a unicast udp with the same result. A manual 'test' of the NR works though. This is something about how it's triggered in a program and the fact that the NR contains '#' to represent the triggering device. 

@larryllix,

Will check the date. But, what's the purpose of the program stopping itself? Make no sense.

@MWareman,

When queued, the variables are substituted when sent which has always been a bug. We removed the queue but that caused other issues. 

With regard to the NR not being executed while it works using the Test button, can you do one more experimentation? Can you please change the NR such that it does not use substitution variables? In short, is this the case with all your NRs or just this one?

With kind regards,
Michel

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@larryllix,

Will check the date. But, what's the purpose of the program stopping itself? Make no sense.

@MWareman,

When queued, the variables are substituted when sent which has always been a bug. We removed the queue but that caused other issues. 

With regard to the NR not being executed while it works using the Test button, can you do one more experimentation? Can you please change the NR such that it does not use substitution variables? In short, is this the case with all your NRs or just this one?

With kind regards,
Michel

The stop program (self) was only for trouble shooting purposes but,  I found the output variables containing a -1, instead of the original 0 value. However, the same problem would apply to stopping other programs.

I don't believe ISY994 Stop Program waited for an open timeslice, this way. IIRC the Stop Program was always immediate. That may be incorrect, as I never monitored or needed to test it before.

Thanks.

52 minutes ago, hisenberg said:

Do we need to purchase both the ISY and Polisy?  Or does Polisy replace the ISY?

Polisy WILL replace Polisy. Some have already fully migrated. Others (incl me)  are waiting for the bugs to have ironed out.

Polisy is the replacement for the ISY994.  

The Polisy, as does the ISY, requires a PLM which is currently unavailable. No one knows when it will be restocked.

The Polisy can support Z-wave without the need for a PLM

• Thanks 1

So if I have a PLM plugged into my current ISY994, I would plug the PLM to into the Polisy?  And there is no need for the ISY994?

What about all the programs I already have on the ISY994, can I just restore those to Polisy?

Lastly, does Polisy need any additional updates for it to work with Z-Wave (I saw a message about that from a few days ago)?

55 minutes ago, hisenberg said:

So if I have a PLM plugged into my current ISY994, I would plug the PLM to into the Polisy?  And there is no need for the ISY994?

The PLM you are using on your ISY994 can be used on Polisy, with a different cable.  You will no longer need your ISY running.  That said, ISY running on Polisy is still being fine tuned.

What about all the programs I already have on the ISY994, can I just restore those to Polisy?

Backup from your ISY994 can be restored to Polisy which will move everything but Z-Wave

Lastly, does Polisy need any additional updates for it to work with Z-Wave (I saw a message about that from a few days ago)?

You need to buy a Z-Wave dongle and plug it into Polisy

The first entry in this thread has a lot of good information on the migration and limitations

3 minutes ago, hisenberg said:

Where do I get the different cable for the PLM?

Where do I get the Z-Wave dongle?

The cable came with your PLM.

Zwave dongles can be purchased from amazon.ca or .com. Zooz is the brand name. I bought a SiLab 7 (cheaper and reported as upgraded routinely) dongle and it works just fine.

Edited by larryllix

1 hour ago, hisenberg said:

The Z-wave migration from the ISY to the Polisy in still under development. Currently your only option would be to build your Z-wave network from scratch on the Polisy.

The PLM shipped with a serial cable that works with the Polisy's 9 pin serial port.

The Z-wave dongle which is compatible with the Polisy is the Zooz ZST10. It uses the 700 series chip.

The PLM shipped with a serial cable that works with the Polisy's 9 pin serial port.

That was many moons ago.  I don't think I have that cable.  Where would I get one?

Will this work: https://www.cdw.com/product/Digi-serial-cable-4-ft/284655

or this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Console-Device-Management-Serial-Adapter/dp/B07R9JV9X3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=rj45+to+serial+adapter&qid=1641345856&sprefix=rj45+to+ser%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-3

Edited by hisenberg

14 minutes ago, hisenberg said:

That was many moons ago.  I don't think I have that cable.  Where would I get one?

Will this work: https://www.cdw.com/product/Digi-serial-cable-4-ft/284655

I f you have the PLM box still, it hides under the cardboard and most people never even knew it was there.

The linked cable looks right but I couldn't say for sure and it a very expensive version from what I have seen elsewhere. Wait for others to chime in here.

I am fairly sure it is not a Cisco cable (from what I have read in the instructions and on here.  

I bought this, but I have not put it together yet.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IRQA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will update when I do.  I did manage to find the pinouts and color coding for everything, I just need to sit down and try everything I think is right, and get it all done.

I will update everyone when I do, and give instructions once I (hopefully) have it all working.

Is there any configuration needs once I attach the Zooz ZST10 to the Polisy? If I have to rebuild my zwave network, I assume I have to rebuild all programs and scenes that have any zwave devices in them too? 

UPDATE: found this in first post regarding configuration of z-wave, but still wondering about second question.

How to use Z-Wave:

- Plugin your Zooz Stick in one of the USB ports on ISY
- Go to Admin Console | Configuration, check Z-Wave Support checkbox. Save and then click on the Reboot button  
- From that point, Z-Wave works as it does on the ISY-994 with the following exceptions
--- Backup/Restore of the Z-Wave dongle is not yet available
--- Z-Wave | Z-Wave Version is likely to be blank
- Note: for now, S2 is not yet supported 

Edited by dbwarner5

43 minutes ago, smileyw said:

Did you try it?  I assume it would be the same, but I did some research tonight, and I cannot find any standard cable that is the same config as the PLM.

Before I spend a bunch of money I want to be sure.

I can confirms the cable @carealtor linked works fine. I ordered mine from there a couple of weeks ago and it is in use now with Polisy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@MWareman,

With kind regards,
Michel

Michel,

I'm having the problem with most programs using this NR - but it manifests slightly differently on differing devices.

I'm really hesitant to go down the road of recreating all the NRs to test. I've done a test though by changing the main NR to a static string. The symptom remains (It's not to do with the substitution).

My 'Family Room Floor' light is not triggering the NR at all - and it's the same NR.

Here is where I tested:
image.png.136606531bbc8f9e68d8b96538492199.png

I modified 'Pushover - Notify Light status' to send a fixed string (no substitutions).
I modified 'Broadcast Device Status' to send a fixed string (no substitutions).
I manually tested both fixed-string NRs - and both worked fine.

When I switched the light - the status in the admin console changed, the statue and integer variables changed (so  I know the program triggered) - but neither of the NRs fired at all.
If I 'Run Then' the program - the NR does not fire either.

Michael.

18 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@MWareman,

I do hope this can be changed. I don't mine the queue itself - but the substitution needs to occur when the event is queued rather than when it's processed.

• Like 1