ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

15 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

Nope, not running.  Try this from the command prompt: sudo service pg3 onestart

It says that PG 3 is already running, but I just don't get in it

Edited by asbril

That did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks so much !!!!!!

I am in PG 3 but no ISY is connected. I want to use PG3 for ISY on Polisy and for the time being keep PG 2 on (old) ISY.  I seem to have a conflict on my old ISY, with Michel thinking that I have a loop in a program. We are trying a few tricks and if these do not work, then I may have to rebuild my whole setup (about 80 Zwave devices and 355 programs) from scratch in ISY on Polisy, so I prefer not to infect PG3 by linking it to the old ISY

4 minutes ago, asbril said:

That did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks so much !!!!!!

I am in PG 3 but no ISY is connected. I want to use PG3 for ISY on Polisy and for the time being keep PG 2 on (old) ISY.  I seem to have a conflict on my old ISY, with Michel thinking that I have a loop in a program. We are trying a few tricks and if these do not work, then I may have to rebuild my whole setup (about 80 Zwave devices and 355 programs) from scratch in ISY on Polisy, so I prefer not to infect PG3 by linking it to the old ISY

5.jpg

Go to the menu item "ISYs"

You can try automatic discovery, but if that doesn't find it, just add a new ISY and enter the information for the ISY on Polisy.

PG3 can switch between ISY's so if more than one is configured you'll see them all in this menu and can switch between them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Go to the menu item "ISYs"

You can try automatic discovery, but if that doesn't find it, just add a new ISY and enter the information for the ISY on Polisy.

PG3 can switch between ISY's so if more than one is configured you'll see them all in this menu and can switch between them.  

Thanks so much. I think that I did it. I used the URL with port 8080 and now it shows.

Thanks so much to both of you. I really appreciate

37 minutes ago, asbril said:

We are trying a few tricks and if these do not work, then I may have to rebuild my whole setup

Oh, boy, there's some excitement...  You'd think that you could factory reset the ISY and restore a recent working backup, if nothing else.

13 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Oh, boy, there's some excitement...  You'd think that you could factory reset the ISY and restore a recent working backup, if nothing else.

It is actually a brand new ISY as I had  (related or non-related) issues with my old ISY. I am in the excellent hands of Michel, so one way or another it will be resolved. As the issue happens mostly in the mornings, tonight I am pausing all my programs. If the problem does not occur tomorrow morning, then I will review each of my 355 programs to find the culprit. If not, then it is something else.

8 minutes ago, asbril said:

It is actually a brand new ISY as I had  (related or non-related) issues with my old ISY. I am in the excellent hands of Michel, so one way or another it will be resolved. As the issue happens mostly in the mornings, tonight I am pausing all my programs. If the problem does not occur tomorrow morning, then I will review each of my 355 programs to find the culprit. If not, then it is something else.

Hi @asbril, If I recall you are using Home Assistant. Try disconnecting this service or any other service/Node-Server using the PyISY library.  This library can cause issues when ISY is under heavy load as it does not send unsubscribe, which has a snowball effect causing many errors.  @Jimbo has been testing a fix so hopefully the issue should be resolved soon.  See the following issue for details. https://github.com/automicus/PyISY/issues/244

5 minutes ago, Javi said:

Hi @asbril, If I recall you are using Home Assistant. Try disconnecting this service or any other service/Node-Server using the PyISY library.  This library can cause issues when ISY is under heavy load as it does not send unsubscribe, which has a snowball effect causing many errors.  @Jimbo has been testing a fix so hopefully the issue should be resolved soon.  See the following issue for details. https://github.com/automicus/PyISY/issues/244

Thanks Javi, I actually disconnected HA a few days ago and it made no difference. Tonight I only want to turn all programs off. If tomorrow morning I have no issues then we know to look in my programs. If not, then I have to look elsewhere, including again HA.

I have about 80 Zwave devices and a few Kasa and LifX devices, no instean. Zwave devices can create a lot of signals, and I also have 355 programs.

1 minute ago, asbril said:

Thanks Javi, I actually disconnected HA a few days ago and it made no difference. Tonight I only want to turn all programs off. If tomorrow morning I have no issues then we know to look in my programs. If not, then I have to look elsewhere, including again HA.

I have about 80 Zwave devices and a few Kasa and LifX devices, no instean. Zwave devices can create a lot of signals, and I also have 355 programs.

I just read your github link. The technical stuff is not something I am familiar with, but the sympthoms seem familiar in as much as at least half of the time my AC fails to load properly and gets stuck while loading my many loads.

8 minutes ago, TJF1960 said:

.Is it ok to use "local host" in PG2 ISY settings on Polisy instead of Polisy's IP address? Is there any benefit to either?

I just ported my NRbridge.py (MH lighting bridge software) over to polisy again (I had some infrequent problems when PG2 first came out transferred it back to my RPi again). and used "localhost:8080" for all my ISY servicing apps and they all work fine, so far. IIRC I also used "localhost:8080" on my Polyglot.

I don;t know if there is any advantage to localhost. I would hope the drivers see it and circumvent some caching or other overhead.

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 2

I don;t know if there is any advantage to localhost. I would hope the drivers see it and circumvent some caching or other overhead.

@larryllixThats kind of what I am hoping too. But I have to say I am liking the increase in speed. Everything from opening the admin console to opening the program tab, doing backups and I am seeing quicker run speeds turning on lights triggered by motion sensors on our dsc alarm. I am loving it!

• Like 4

I've manually moved all devices from my ISY-994i to ISY on Polisy that do not integrate with my node servers.  Those are working OK.  Now I'm ready to move the remaining devices, delete the node servers from the ISY-994i, point PG2 to ISY on Polisy, and re-add the node servers.  Are there any critical issues in the integration of PG2 and ISY on Polisy?  If there are, I'll wait.  Otherwise, I'm ready to make the move.

Any input would be appreciated.

I don't think this effects the current version of PG2, but using 'localhost' isn't working with PG3 (because it isn't resolving  correctly with node.js).  Using 127.0.0.1 does work.  Something to keep in mind if trying out PG3.

All I had to do was make a backup from the ISY994 and do a restore to the ISY on the Polisy from that backup. I used the same PLM so no restore was need for that. After the restore I just configured Polyglot (PG2 only) to the ISY on Polisy. If you have Network Resources you may need to edit and resave each item and then do the global save. Portal can be migrated at the portal web site. If you didn't have the ELK module on the ISY994 every thing should be good. At least that is how it worked for me. 

Edited by garybixler

I do have one question that maybe someone could answer. After migration the node servers are pointing to Polisy Host Name. In my config it is the IP address of the Polisy. Would there be any advantage to using the loopback IP address (127.0.01) or not?

Thanks Gary

Capture.PNG.32887203b54f96f0598b4c90e859c281.PNG

57 minutes ago, garybixler said:

If you didn't have the ELK module on the ISY994 every thing should be good. At least that is how it worked for me. 

Can you expand on this? I have the elk and its an integral part of my programs etc. 

I had the ELK module on the ISY994 but after migration I needed to install the ELK Node Server to restore my ELK functionality. The node server version will have different node addresses and some slightly different naming. So those programs that used the ELK had to be reconfigured for the new ELK nodes. After rebooting the ISY post migration and the ELK NS install I saw that the programs that needed attention had the message out of memory show up on the programs/summery page. At that point it is just a matter of restoring the new ELK nodes back into the programs. Speak and query aren't available on version PG2 but will be addressed in version PG3. For now you can turn on global polling for voltages on the Elk Area node if needed. After you 'Set Poll Voltages True' you must restart the NS for the change to stay True. Overall I think the NS version is great.

Just one more thing. Temperature values aren't present on the ELK PG2 version but will be on the PG3 version.

Edited by garybixler
  • Like 1

Wow.. each time I think I am ready to invest in the migration, something new pops up.. This alone will cause several hours of work of re-writting programs. Have ~160 program with Elk in them, some with lots and lots of lines / references.

It sure would be nice for someone to truly and simply explain all the steps, processes and things that need to be done.

yes ,I understand everyone is still learning themselves, but I hope we dont loose sight that there are a lot of people that would like to do this, but just need a bit more guidance. Just a few that I keep hearing that I haven't seen enough explicit directions on, but surely could figure out after trial and error include: 

-Elk

-Nodserver migration

-Portal migration: how, what happens to Alexa links, etc

-Z-wave migration; what to expect? complete rebuild into scenes, programs etc? 

Others?

This posting helped just to get ISY on the Polisy... w/o this I would not have had a clue where to start. 

Thanks.. (just venting as I am anxious to convert but cant afford to have my house go down for days on end while I try to recreate a very complex system because I didnt understand all the land mines.)

Edited by dbwarner5