ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

11 minutes ago, asbril said:

I'm sorry. Yes you did answer me. However how can I point PG3 to my ISY ? That was in fact  my question, but not properly formulated.

The "ISYs"  menu lets you add, edit, and remove which ISYs PG3 will work with.    You'd also use this menu to select which ISY to display on the dashboard, if you connect to more than one.   PG3 can work with multiple ISYs but will only show one on the dashboard.  You have to switch between them to manage multiple ISYs.

• Like 1

Just now, bpwwer said:

The "ISYs"  menu lets you add, edit, and remove which ISYs PG3 will work with.    You'd also use this menu to select which ISY to display on the dashboard, if you connect to more than one.   PG3 can work with multiple ISYs but will only show one on the dashboard.  You have to switch between them to manage multiple ISYs.

Thanks @bpwwer I just figured it out. As I just posted in the Harmony Hub forum page, there is no "install" next to this nodeserver in the Store, and the same with some others. Any particular reason ?

Just now, asbril said:

Thanks @bpwwer I just figured it out. As I just posted in the Harmony Hub forum page, there is no "install" next to this nodeserver in the Store, and the same with some others. Any particular reason ?

You have to purchase the node server before you can install it.  Free node servers don't require a purchase so they are always available to install.

To purchase a node server, you have to be logged into your Portal account via PG3 so it knows who to charge for the node server.  Use the "Log into Portal" button at the top.  Once you log in, it should populate all of those with a "Purchase" button that you can use to purchase the node server.  For node servers you have purchased (and free node servers), you'll get an "Install" button.

10 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

You have to purchase the node server before you can install it.  Free node servers don't require a purchase so they are always available to install.

To purchase a node server, you have to be logged into your Portal account via PG3 so it knows who to charge for the node server.  Use the "Log into Portal" button at the top.  Once you log in, it should populate all of those with a "Purchase" button that you can use to purchase the node server.  For node servers you have purchased (and free node servers), you'll get an "Install" button.

Thanks Bob !!!!   I think that I now know what the issue may be.  I am logged in, but in my ISY Portal account the Polisy is not linked to my Portal act. It has a yellow icon, stating that my temporary portal act is expiring soon. There is no issue with my (main) ISY. My Portal account expires at the end on 2022. 

Something must have gone wrong because (I think that) when I first set up ISY on Polisy it was linked to my Portal account

10 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

While most of us have an expectation of what a nodeserver that we might be adding to make the switch from PG2 to PG3 does...  I'm surprised that there appears to be no "Try Before You Buy" provision.   What if it doesn't do what the user needs it to do?   Is there a refund provision? 

I won't be just buying nodeservers to try them out.  If they fill a need that's one thing, if they don't work that's another.

Just now, Jimbo said:

I specify a trial period, usually one month for all of my NS's.  I think it shows you that when you click on Purcahse.

I have zero issue with paying. Developers deserve compensation for creating and maintaining.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I didn't imply anyone had an issue with paying :) just saying that I specify a trial period which allows you to try it out for a while to make sure it's what you want. 

I know, but just want(ed) to express my appreciation for your work.

Now I need to sort out why it does not let me  install the ns (apparent problem with my Portal act).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Thanks Bob !!!!   I think that I now know what the issue may be.  I am logged in, but in my ISY Portal account the Polisy is not linked to my Portal act. It has a yellow icon, stating that my temporary portal act is expiring soon. There is no issue with my (main) ISY. My Portal account expires at the end on 2022. 

Something must have gone wrong because (I think that) when I first set up ISY on Polisy it was linked to my Portal account

I'm not sure that's the problem,  Node server licenses are tied to the Polisy running PG3.  I'm not sure if that's related to the link between portal account and ISY. 

For the 'Purchase' button to show up for node servers in PG3, PG3 simply has to receive confirmation that you have a valid portal account.  When you click on the "Log into Portal" button, you should get redirected to the portal login screen.  Once you log in, it should redirect back to the PG3 screen and the store entries should now have a 'Purchase' button.

Are you getting this far?

When you press the 'Purchase' button to purchase a node server, it should again, redirect to the Portal purchasing screen. If you're Polisy is not registered, you are given the option to register it.  You then proceed to either purchase or cancel.

4 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

I'm not sure that's the problem,  Node server licenses are tied to the Polisy running PG3.  I'm not sure if that's related to the link between portal account and ISY. 

For the 'Purchase' button to show up for node servers in PG3, PG3 simply has to receive confirmation that you have a valid portal account.  When you click on the "Log into Portal" button, you should get redirected to the portal login screen.  Once you log in, it should redirect back to the PG3 screen and the store entries should now have a 'Purchase' button.

Are you getting this far?

When you press the 'Purchase' button to purchase a node server, it should again, redirect to the Portal purchasing screen. If you're Polisy is not registered, you are given the option to register it.  You then proceed to either purchase or cancel.

Resolved. Thanks for your help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

While most of us have an expectation of what a nodeserver that we might be adding to make the switch from PG2 to PG3 does...  I'm surprised that there appears to be no "Try Before You Buy" provision.   What if it doesn't do what the user needs it to do?   Is there a refund provision? 

I won't be just buying nodeservers to try them out.  If they fill a need that's one thing, if they don't work that's another.

The node server developer has the option to specify a trial period so users can "try before buying".  Like @Jimbo, I've configured all of mine to have a 30 day trial available as one of the "purchase" options.  The system does track this so that you can only "purchase" one trial period.

With the latest PG3 release, there is also the concept of a 'beta' node server store.  This will give developers an option to release early/test versions.  It's not fully fleshed out yet, but is another option to test before purchasing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, asbril said:

Resolved. Thanks for your help

@bpwwer One more question :-) I was able to install the Harmony Hub ns in PG 3. It shows up in the dashboard with all the nodes. I have my ISY in the list of ISY's, but after restarting the ISY AC, the ns does not show up in my ISY. What may I have done wrong or forgotten ?

RESOLVED

Edited by asbril

On 1/18/2022 at 4:28 AM, tmorse305 said:

Does the banner at the bottom of the Dashboard point to the ISY on Polisy?  It sounds like it's working especially if it updated.  Maybe the banner is related to PG3?  I don't have PG3 installed yet.  Is the configuration on PG3 correct?

Yes the dashboard at bottom does point to ISY version 5.3.0 on Polisy (was 5.3.4 under 994) for both PG2 and PG3.  Interestingly, my PG3 no longer has the banner, just PG2.  I'm not even sure what I did to get PG3 to drop that banner, but it did!

On 1/18/2022 at 4:56 AM, DCH said:

I, too, have had ISY not discovered under PG2 for several weeks. It just happened one day without and changes or updates that I'm aware of. I've tried all suggestions made without success. Meanwhile, I can access my ISY when needed (not often) through AC. I've mostly given up, waiting on official migration to PG3 and ISY on Polisy.

That is interesting.  My nodeservers appear to be working properly and all migration from 994 to Polisy went smoothly.  It may just be some sort of bug at the moment as everything does appear to work.  I use the Philips Hue nodeserver on PG2 and I can confirm Hue lights respond instantly to scenes changes issued through the ISY on Polisy.  There was always a slight lag with PG2 on Polisy and ISY on 994 combo.  

Jasson

On 1/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, jlamb said:

I have gone through the steps of migrating from isy994i to polisy using the guide by dbwarner5.  I have successfully migrated and things seem to be working.  One odd issue is that when I did the migration of PG2 to new isy per his directions (settings pointing to the polisy version of ISY), I continue to get a banner that says:

ISY was not automatically discovered on your local network. Please configure it in the settings menu now. 

Also, it still shows my old version of 994i software in the polyglot version details on dashboard.  What seems odd is that I am using Philips Hue for Polyglot and everything seems to be working ok.  My PG3 install also gives me a similar banner about not being able to find isy.  FYI, my 994I is unplugged, so it is not still running through that device.

Any suggestions?

Jasson  

I've seen cases where the message persist after you make the configuration changes and save. Something doesn't refresh and UI doesn't realize that the core is configured and properly communicating with the ISY. 

This could be caused by the browser caching info and not realizing that new information is available so in many cases a refresh or reload of the browser window will bring them back in sync.

Just got my Polisy... setup the PG2, PG3 installed.

I am able to connect via java to the admin console for ISY on Polisy. However, there is an issue with web interface to access My Lighting eg. my IP address is 192.168.10.106:

https://192.168.10.106:8443 - does not work

https://192.168.10.106:8443/WEB/udajax.htm - works.

Seems that the default page is non existent.. .I found that working URL from looking at my existing ISY994i. Not a huge deal since I rarely use this web interface.

This weekend I am going to move over to Polisy... Z-wave will take a bit because have to do manually... anyone have any suggestions?

3 hours ago, brians said:

Just got my Polisy... setup the PG2, PG3 installed.

This weekend I am going to move over to Polisy... Z-wave will take a bit because have to do manually... anyone have any suggestions?

You may want to read through this post, especially the last few items in regards to Zwave. 

Earlier today my new Polisy and Insteon USB dongle got delivered and I am now in the process of migrating from a ISY994/PLM to the new setup. I have made good progress to far by following the instructions from the community here. 

I think I am pretty much there. I even have the Alexa - Polisy link working, but even though I did a Modem Restore / Restore Device and Write Updates to Device, I cannot seem to clear out those pending updates on some of the devices.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.60afc5a4e3129cd4ee56858d95b30969.png

I ran an update to my polisy tonight using the Check for Polisy updates then Update Polisy.  I  think it said there were 100 items to update.  After completion both PG2 and PG3 came back up, but the ISY Launcher failed to find ISY.  I played around with the cache and downloading the launcher and finally got my ISY to appear.  When I went to log in the password was changed back to admin (@asbril also reported this in an earlier post).  The AC came up and I can see my devices but the system is in a long endless loop of the system being busy.  Once completed it just starts over.  I tried rebooting polisy, even unplugging it and the PLM, but the result is the same.  The Portal reports ISY to be offline.

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

I've notice some updates, especially if very outdated, took over 20 minutes to complete before the system was back up, usually you will hear Polisy issue a series of beeps in that time.  I would recommend doing the update before bed then coming back to everything in the morning, so not tempted to restart during update.

27 minutes ago, Javi said:

I would recommend doing the update before bed then coming back to everything in the morning, so not tempted to restart during update

@Javi,The problem now is that when I ask about updates it says the my polisy is up to date.  Do I need to force the update via ssh?

Edited by tmorse305

I ran an update to my polisy tonight using the Check for Polisy updates then Update Polisy.  I  think it said there were 100 items to update.  After completion both PG2 and PG3 came back up, but the ISY Launcher failed to find ISY.  I played around with the cache and downloading the launcher and finally got my ISY to appear.  When I went to log in the password was changed back to admin (@asbril also reported this in an earlier post).  The AC came up and I can see my devices but the system is in a long endless loop of the system being busy.  Once completed it just starts over.  I tried rebooting polisy, even unplugging it and the PLM, but the result is the same.  The Portal reports ISY to be offline.

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
Mine was doing the same and Michel asked for logs but it stopped doing it after I turned off the write updates to wireless devices. I have a lot of wireless devices to update one at a time...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk