MatterZ? ZMatter?

ZMatter or MatterZ or something else?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should we call our Z-Wave/Matter module?

• MatterZ
    • ZMatter
    • Zomezing elze!

34 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

Exciting news ... our samples are ready! They will come in two forms: mPCIe (internal to Polisy) and USB (external). In both cases, external antennas are used. Unlike its predecessors, Z-Wave 700 series has exceptional range with external antenna.  So, what should we call it?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Matter Z2- I'll take the internal board. Thank you. ?

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Broyd said:

I don’t have a Policy yet; I haven’t decided if I need it. But if you have a Policy Pro, that already has two antennas, is there a place on the Policy Pro’s case for the two other antennas from this device?

I'm wondering a bit about that as well.  If the Z-Wave range is improved, then I might not need antenna for WiFi, as I won't have to move the Polisy to get into close range of older Z-Wave devices (I've already done that, and it sounds like I can restore my current Z-Wave setup to the new Z-Wave/Matter board, so I shouldn't have to do it again).  I'm only going to buy 700 series devices going forward, and presumably some Matter devices when they arrive -- both of which support some version of Network Wide Inclusion.