Jump to content

Scheduled programs failed to run


landolfi

Recommended Posts

Two scheduled IoP programs failed to run last night (11/6), one scheduled for 23:35 to turn off several Zwave plugs and an Insteon light that generally works flawlessly, and the other program set for the range 21:00 to 05:00 (next day) that should have run at 23:58. The time on the Polisy is correct and was last night too because I noticed at 23:42 that the 23:35 program hadn't run yet, so I started it manually by running Then. I know the 2100-0500 didn't run because the trigger event occurred and shows in the log at 23:58. It is supposed to send an email notification that I never got and play an audio clip that it never played. Any idea how this could happen? I was a bit suspicious about a connection to the 11/5-6 time change back to standard time, but the dusk program ran successfully on schedule earlier the same day. In the past I've noticed that ISY seems to be very prompt in executing the 2335 right on schedule and also executing the one using the time range reliably.

One other complication is that I installed Home Assistant on 11/5 and it is using the HA ISY integration to report status of devices but not running any automations of its own. I hesitated to add HA into the mix but from reading other posts here about HA integration with ISY it sounds like others have HA and ISY coexisting without issues. But maybe not HA and IoP?

Link to comment

Yes, time zone and time are correct in AC.  The thing that's puzzling to me about all this is that not just one but two schedule-based automations failed to run, as if Polisy was confused about the time. Regardless, I just ran a scheduled test program and it worked.

I noticed the grace period for missed schedules, what is that for? Is that in case of a brownout?

Just noticed this thread about time zone issues yesterday, I am also running IoP on 5.4.4:

 

Edited by landolfi
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I noticed the grace period for missed schedules, what is that for? Is that in case of a brownout?

from this wiki:

Catch up schedules at Restart - When this box is checked (default) the ISY will attempt to run all programs that are time dependent beginning at midnight until the present time.

Missed Schedule Grace Period - If Catch up schedules at restart is not checked or if a program is not run because the ISY is busy this will check for programs that were scheduled to run from the period specified until the present time. Default is 15 minutes.

13 minutes ago, peterathans said:

I also had two sunset-based programs fail to run last night, and chalked it up to a glitch because of the time change Sunday morning?  I was going to check it tonight to see if it happens again...

There are enough reports this morning that I suspect Polisy didn't do the time change correctly.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I was out of town on Sunday, returned last night.  When I arrived home, all of my outside lights that were supposed to be on were on (these are based on sunset).  They all turned off before I woke up and I assume shut off at the scheduled time.  They turned on again tonight 10 minutes before sunset (as scheduled).  

I am running IoP.  In summary, I am not seeing any issues with events based on sunset/rise or the time of day.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

I was out of town on Sunday, returned last night.  When I arrived home, all of my outside lights that were supposed to be on were on (these are based on sunset).  They all turned off before I woke up and I assume shut off at the scheduled time.  They turned on again tonight 10 minutes before sunset (as scheduled).  

I am running IoP.  In summary, I am not seeing any issues with events based on sunset/rise or the time of day.

I had at least one sun dependent program fail to run and when I examined my a/c I found my clock out four hours and my sunset/rise times out about 1-2 hours. I power cycled my polisy, reloaded my a/c and the errors would not change. Ran the firmware update and still had a clock that would correct itself for a while and then jump back four hours again later. Clock would correct itself each time the co-ordinates were edited slightly and saved.

The next day everything was back to normal. Began to think I imagined the whole thing but my sunset based deck lighting failed for sure. All works like normal again????

Link to comment
10 hours ago, larryllix said:

I had at least one sun dependent program fail to run and when I examined my a/c I found my clock out four hours and my sunset/rise times out about 1-2 hours. I power cycled my polisy, reloaded my a/c and the errors would not change. Ran the firmware update and still had a clock that would correct itself for a while and then jump back four hours again later. Clock would correct itself each time the co-ordinates were edited slightly and saved.

The next day everything was back to normal. Began to think I imagined the whole thing but my sunset based deck lighting failed for sure. All works like normal again????

I can't speak to Sunday and Monday having been out of town.  But Tuesday everything was fine.  The ISY clock shows the correct time and the sunrise/sunset times listed are also correct and programs set to do so are executing at those times.  I'm running 5.4.4 IoP.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

The door to my tortoise hutch did not open as scheduled at 8am on Sunday morning.  I had to actually walk over and hit the door-open button to let the little buggers run free for the day...  

I do have a Polisy, but this is a straight program on a separate ISY.

Edited by Ross
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...