CAO Tag Manager reporting all tags out of range

johnstonf

A power cycle (of course, it's in a PPITA spot), then had to manually update each tag, one by one, and finally came up.  NEVER had to power cycle it in last 2 years of owning it (and it's on a UPS so NEVER rebooted!)!  It's been so stable!  Thanks @Larryllix for putting me onto this/these!

And thanks all for your info / feedback!

Edited by johnstonf
  • Like 1

@johnstonf might have spoken too early...seems like my battery devices are now reporting out of range. At this time (6pm Eastern) the usb powered tags are still reporting with a current update, but all smaller 13 bit tags battery are all now reporting out of range. And two of them have brand new batteries (within the last week) and are in the same spot they've been fine in for the last year or more. 

3 hours ago, johnstonf said:

A power cycle (of course, it's in a PPITA spot), then had to manually update each tag, one by one, and finally came up.  NEVER had to power cycle it in last 2 years of owning it (and it's on a UPS so NEVER rebooted!)!  It's been so stable!  Thanks @Larryllix for putting me onto this/these!

And thanks all for your info / feedback!

I had my Tag Manager do that about 8 months ago once. Haven't seen it again since but mine have been reduced from 8 units down to three units at the moment, and they are not connected into my ISY anymore. I have never used the Tag NS either, except to test it before PG3 existed.

Note location change. I don't drive past your door anymore.

Edited by larryllix

25 minutes ago, larryllix said:

I had my Tag Manager do that about 8 months ago once. Haven't seen it again since but mine have been reduced from 8 units down to three units at the moment, and they are not connected into my ISY anymore. I have never used the Tag NS either, except to test it before PG3 existed.

Ya, I never connected it to the ISY, as my Brultech fills that need well enough, but my wife really likes it for monitoring bedroom temp when gk's are here (just throw a set of keys with a tag, in the room), and fridge and freezer monitoring (and it has saved the contents a few times!), Etc

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Did you MOVE there?