Support thread: IoX 5.5.7 Release

Chris Jahn

Sometime since upgrading to 5.5.7, the portal integration on my eisy went offline and now continues to show as offline.  I've tried rebooting, and powering on/off, with no change.  My system also displays a popup stating "Some updated packages are available for your system" upon startup, but running update packages doesn't seem to remove that. 

Update:  a few more cycles of power on/off seem to have removed the message about "Some updated packages are available ..." but the connection to the portal is still offline. 

Edited by dwengrovitz
Update
1 hour ago, dwengrovitz said:

Sometime since upgrading to 5.5.7, the portal integration on my eisy went offline 

but the connection to the portal is still offline. 

Are you running any node servers and are they populating in the admin console?

Is this a new portal account or have you been using it on the same machine for awhile?

Just now I received the message on the AC that update packages are available for you system. Shortly after it showed the message "Event received for a different subscription. Restart."  I was able to OK the update message and not do a package update. Seemed to go back to normal operation. One thing I did notice is that it started a new AC session which I canceled. Then back to normal. I did have the AC running for quite awhile but never seemed to be a problem in the past or in version 5.5.6. This is what showed from the URL after the messages.

There seems to be a pattern.  Bringing up the AC I get the update package message and then the event received message and the start of a new AC session asking for a logon. I found that if I OK the "update packages" immediately I then don't get the the "event message' or request for a new login. All is OK after that.

Thanks.

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="no" sid="35" sock="31" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="27" sock="19" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="30" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="29" sock="28" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>

After last episode:

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="35" sock="31" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="36" sock="32" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="no" sid="37" sock="33" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="30" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="29" sock="28" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscriptions>
56 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Are you running any node servers and are they populating in the admin console?

Is this a new portal account or have you been using it on the same machine for awhile?

I am currently running three node servers, and they all seem to be working properly and populating in the admin console.  Also, this is not a new account, it's been used for years, and was previously working successfully on the eisy (though I cannot say exactly when it stopped working on the eisy as the software there has been a bit fragile lately). 

9 hours ago, dwengrovitz said:

I am currently running three node servers, and they all seem to be working properly and populating in the admin console.  Also, this is not a new account, it's been used for years, and was previously working successfully on the eisy (though I cannot say exactly when it stopped working on the eisy as the software there has been a bit fragile lately). 

Hmmm, used for years has me wondering if the 2 year period for your account license expired. You might want to sign directly in to UD portal via a web browser and check your expiration date license on the eisy in question.

If you migrated the account from another device, it might not of had a lot of time left. If you used a trial license it might have ended.

48 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Hmmm, used for years has me wondering if the 2 year period for your account license expired.

Thanks for the suggestions, it's been pretty reliably used here for years as well.  I can login to the UD portal via browser, and it shows my portal license is good through mid-2024, so I don't think this is a trial issue.  I'll let it go a bit more and will put in a ticket if it doesn't resolve. 

Edited by dwengrovitz
42 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

Thanks for the suggestions, it's been pretty reliably used here for years as well.  I can login to the UD portal via browser, and it shows my portal license is good through mid-2024, so I don't think this is a trial issue.  I'll let it go a bit more and will put in a ticket if it doesn't resolve. 

I don't think it will resolve itself without intervention. The only further suggestion I have is to power down eisy and after it shuts down, remove the plug for a few minutes and then power it back up. 

If that doesn't work, then flag @bpwwer to look at you posts (3 & 6 post up) and see what he thinks. He maintains pg3x and offers assistance freely.

1 minute ago, DennisC said:

I don't think it will resolve itself without intervention.

You're correct - and thanks again for your comments.  Intervention was indeed needed, but in this case, I think it's all on my end.  I did some more digging, and noticed that for some reason my firewall started blocking requests to proxy.isy.io and proxy2.isy.io.  After adding a rule to allow that, connection to the portal as been restored.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dwengrovitz said:

You're correct - and thanks again for your comments.  Intervention was indeed needed, but in this case, I think it's all on my end.  I did some more digging, and noticed that for some reason my firewall started blocking requests to proxy.isy.io and proxy2.isy.io.  After adding a rule to allow that, connection to the portal as been restored.  

Glad you got it working.

15 hours ago, Steve L said:

I have two ZSE29. One I was able to add with S2 security, the other one I had to disable S2 to get it to add. Both work, though. I have one on continuous power, one on battery, but the ZSE29 doesn't know the difference.

Thanks for the info. I have excluded/included my zse29 several times. If I select no security options, the motion sensor node gets added. The motion sensor node is now working (reports status ON in the AC when motion is detected), but the motion sensor and all of the other nodes show the green outstanding write icon (has 1011 digits in it) that does not go away (has not gone away after 24 hours or so.)

4 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

Thanks for the info. I have excluded/included my zse29 several times. If I select no security options, the motion sensor node gets added. The motion sensor node is now working (reports status ON in the AC when motion is detected), but the motion sensor and all of the other nodes show the green outstanding write icon (has 1011 digits in it) that does not go away (has not gone away after 24 hours or so.)

It's good that you were able to add it.

Make sure the device is awake (if battery powered), right click on it and select write updates. If that doesn't work, I would suggest opening a support ticket so UD is aware of the problem. Reporting it is the only way to make sure it gets fixed.

Open UD Support Ticket

Just now, DennisC said:

Make sure the device is awake (if battery powered), right click on it and select write updates. If that doesn't work, I would suggest opening a support ticket so UD is aware of the problem. Reporting it is the only way to make sure it gets fixed.

The device is connected to continuous 5V power. Selecting Write Changes causes the icons to change to WRITING briefly, then they return to 1011 and appear to be stuck there. I do have a ticket open.

13 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

Here's mine that was added with security and has 5V power. As far as I know, the ZSE29 doesn't stay awake even on constant power. I don't have any writes pending.

image.png.e7f80ef0344690477519c1f6d541475b.png

8 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

The device is connected to continuous 5V power. Selecting Write Changes causes the icons to change to WRITING briefly, then they return to 1011 and appear to be stuck there. I do have a ticket open.

3 minutes ago, Steve L said:

Here's mine that was added with security and has 5V power. As far as I know, the ZSE29 doesn't stay awake even on constant power. I don't have any writes pending.

image.png.e7f80ef0344690477519c1f6d541475b.png

Based on @Steve L comment, try triggering motion and immediately wright changes to device.

10 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Based on @Steve L comment, try triggering motion and immediately wright changes to device.

Good suggestion, unfortunately did not work. I kept the motion sensor triggering while attempting a write changes, and got the same result. Also on the wake up node, I changed the keep awake setting to on, tried the write again, and got the same result.

14 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

Good suggestion, unfortunately did not work. I kept the motion sensor triggering while attempting a write changes, and got the same result. Also on the wake up node, I changed the keep awake setting to on, tried the write again, and got the same result.

I suggest updating your support ticket to capture your testing. Sorry it didn't work.

2 hours ago, wmcneil said:

I looked on zooz site and there are several hardware versions of zse29. Maybe some work while others do not? Unfortunately no firmware updates are available. What is your hardware version? 

After upgrade to 5.5.7 on eisy e-mail notifications stopped working.  Yet "Test" in the Configuration tab works.  The notifications generated by programs worked before 5.5.7.   Is anyone else experiencing this?  

It don't like any of the existing Customizations from 5.5.5 but if you create a new one it works...

Tried to edit, change, & save but that don't work.  Appears to need a new name which I guess just creates a whole new object/customization (message).

Edited by GJ Software Products
5 hours ago, brians said:

I looked on zooz site and there are several hardware versions of zse29. Maybe some work while others do not? Unfortunately no firmware updates are available. What is your hardware version? 

My ZSE29 is HW version 1.0, which does not support firmware version updates.

Curious why after seemingly successful upgrade package execution and power cycling EISY PG3 would show undefined for ISY even though it shows UUID and 3.22 in PG3 dashboard?   

PG3 nodes show as connected but even after restarting PG3 it seems node servers aren’t correctly aligned with ISY UUID.  

Thoughts or is this not an issue?  Some programs I have triggered to run off node server events aren’t working. 

thanks!

On 2/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, GJ Software Products said:

Is anyone else experiencing this?  

No issues here. Email notifications still working as expected. Just ran a few that are triggered by programs and they spun out an email just fine. 

What are you using for email server settings? 

8 hours ago, JBlake01 said:

PG3 would show undefined for ISY even though it shows UUID and 3.22 in PG3 dashboard?   

What do you mean? What's showing "undefined"? Where? 

Will you provide screen shots showing what you are talking about? 

It's possible you need to reboot again so that everything comes up correctly. Don't try to access Admin Console or PG3x Dashboard too soon after powering on the eisy as there are a lot of processes running.

Have you attempted to re-install the node servers? Go to the "purchases" area and try "(Re)Install" on node servers that you're having issues with.

image.png