Trying to migrate from my ISY to EISY

JP

I am trying to migrate from my ISY to EISY and it is not talking to the PLM. I have the EISY loaded with my current ISY software and I can communicate with it via the Admin Console. but it is not getting anything from the PLM. I have the UDI serial interface cable. I have tried every USB port on the EISY just in case. Just for kicks I tied to Restore the PLM and I get the following message:

Sat 03/11/2023 01:14:10 PM : [PLM ] PLM not initialized, command not sent

image.thumb.png.20d64e83671e9072cd95877245aca18b.png

Any suggestions?

JP

27 minutes ago, JP said:

I am trying to migrate from my ISY to EISY and it is not talking to the PLM. I have the EISY loaded with my current ISY software and I can communicate with it via the Admin Console. but it is not getting anything from the PLM. I have the UDI serial interface cable. I have tried every USB port on the EISY just in case. Just for kicks I tied to Restore the PLM and I get the following message:

Sat 03/11/2023 01:14:10 PM : [PLM ] PLM not initialized, command not sent

image.thumb.png.20d64e83671e9072cd95877245aca18b.png

Any suggestions?

JP

In admin console, under Configuration tab, have enabled Insteon PLM and then rebooted?

When I migrated from ISY994 to Eisy I had a similar issue. I had originally used Mobilinc HD which requires the Alexa spoken word to be stored in each device notes field. The migration program in the UD Portal does not migrate the note field but does migrate the Spoken Word field in the UD Portal which in my case these fields were empty. So the behaviour when using the Eisy appeared like the PLM was not working but when I went back to the ISY994 the PLM did work. 
I entered the Spoken Word in the UD Portal for each device and the Eisy works perfectly. 
So if you used Mobilinc HD, maybe that is the problem?

1 hour ago, JP said:

I removed power from the eisy for over an hour and it did not work, the PLM is not connected.

If you are convinced the PLM is good, then you are left with a ad cord or a bad connection.

Try a proper shutdown of eisy using the multi function button, you can find directions in wiki.

Unplug PLM and all of the cables. Inspect every connection and reattach. Plug PLM in first, wait a minute and plug in eisy.

If that doesn't work, I don't think we can help.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...