Insteon i3 Paddle Dimmer

vbPhil

For Polisy, 5.5.9.

Just installed a new i3 Paddle wall switch and configured it manually with the set button as a dimmer. However, IoX only sees it as an on/off switch so none of the usual dimmer controls are available in IoX like the on-level and ramping.

Is this normal behavior for the current i3 support in 5.5.9 or do I need to do something additional to make IoX see it as a dimmer?

I tried searching the forums on i3, but nothing is coming up, so I apologize if this topic has already been covered.

Edited by vbPhil
  • 3 months later...

For an update on this topic, I reinstalled my i3 Paddle wall dimmer and IoX 5.6.2 still only sees it as a switch and not a dimmer. I don't see any way to configure it differently.

7 minutes ago, keepersg said:

Mine configured as a dimmer.  Some non-intuitive steps for changing settings.  See this thread.

I don't see anything in that thread that indicates the i3 Paddle adds as a dimmer with all the correct dimmer configurations in the AC display. There's mention about the i3 Dial working as a dimmer. Are you sure you are saying the i3 Paddle switch is shown as a dimmer in IoX and works for you?

On 7/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, keepersg said:

Sorry, I misread you post.  I did mean the i3 Dial.  The Insteon site says the Paddle is not yet supported on eisy.  I ordered one of the i3 paddles just now to fiddle with.

Got my i3 paddle today and manually configured it as a dimmer.  It adds to 5.6.3 and the dimmer values set at the switch are correctly reflected in the AC.  No dimmer control in the AC so still a way to go before its fully integrated.  Nice looking switch with a good tactile feel.  Absence of dimmer status lights will make it difficult to use in remote location where you can't see the light it is controlling.

Edited by keepersg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 7/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, keepersg said:

It adds to 5.6.3 and the dimmer values set at the switch are correctly reflected in the AC.  No dimmer control in the AC so still a way to go before its fully integrated. 

I removed and re-added my i3 Paddle after upgrading to 5.6.3, but it still says it's an i3 Switch in AC, and there is no % dim value shown, just on/off status. Are you seeing the dimmer values somewhere else?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, keepersg said:

Yes, I see the dimmer value in the status box

image.png.d20dbdbb64274c249f3ba28533faa884.png

What values are displayed when you expand the dropdown next to the on button in the lower right corner of that screen?