Support thread: IoX 5.6.0 Release

On 4/21/2023 at 10:51 AM, stevesreed said:

My i3 Paddle still shows as a switch not a dimmer (it's configured as a dimmer).
Also, on and off from the admin console don't work, but fast on and fast off do. 

You may have to remove and re-add to see it as a dimmer. Historically, we've had to remove devices that were already in the isy once firmware updates added new attributes

Interesting.  I can't get the AC to write to the device at all.  I've deleted it and added it back a couple of times without any changes in behavior.  It is recognized as a i3 dimmer 0.54 when its added.

Edited by keepersg
3 hours ago, keepersg said:

The ramp rate stays stuck at 9.0 minutes, on level and backlight can't be adjusted. 

When you try to set these options you might need to click the button to the left rather than "Write Changes" at the bottom of the window. If you are just changing the setting then pressing "write changes" it's a UI issue/bug/annoyance since the start of 5.x firmware (commented on here often)

image.png

Make your changes then click the button on the left. See if that helps. 

Also, as @lilyoyo1 suggested, you might need to remove from IoX and re-link it. Not sure if a factory reset on the device would be necessary, but certainly removing from the current structure (if you added pre-i3 support was starting to be implemented) might help your situation.

@keepersg additionally, it's also a "known issue" that the backlight value in admin console will always display as 0% when you restart admin console. (Try it for any legacy Insteon device.) Backlight acts funky when displayed in Admin Console. So don't expect that it will show you the true current setting.  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Techman said:

@macjeff

I initially also got the Java error when I ran the Java updater. The solution was to uninstall Java, reboot the computer, and re-install Java.  Now both Java and the admin console are working correctly.

just tried that and no luck.  Even tried uninstall a second time and it said no installations found.

Rebooted and then reinstalled.

Again it worked the first time but when I clicked on the launcher alias it gave the error.

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

just tried that and no luck.  Even tried uninstall a second time and it said no installations found.

Rebooted and then reinstalled.

Again it worked the first time but when I clicked on the launcher alias it gave the error.

Try clearing out the Java cache, be sure to check all 3 boxes, and reinstall the IoX Launcher.

15 minutes ago, Techman said:

Try clearing out the Java cache, be sure to check all 3 boxes, and reinstall the IoX Launcher.

Did that multiple times.  

everything works so I can just ignore the error.  I have sent to oracle and they said something about the path being set wrong somewhere.   Since it only happens when running the Alia’s, I assume it is set wrong in the launcher.  

"When you try to set these options you might need to click the button to the left rather than "Write Changes" at the bottom of the window. If you are just changing the setting then pressing "write changes" it's a UI issue/bug/annoyance since the start of 5.x firmware (commented on here often)"

@Geddy--Thanks! that worked.  I didn't think the label would be an active button 🙂 

• Like 2

Hello All,

Regarding ZEN17 support

Has anyone been able to get the ZEN 17 relay to show open / close nodes that work when setting parameters as follows

Par. 2 and 3 to 7 or 11

Par. 6 and 8 to 1

Par. 10 and 11 to 0

Par. 15 and 17 to 1

I have always kept the ISY/Polisy updated and am currently running v5.6.0. I have excluded/included with s2 /without s2, replaced with interview, updated with interview, updated firmware, set compatibility on/off, increased interview time to 3 minutes, I have opened multiple tickets with no progress. I've had very limited response from UD on this ticket or an indication that they are working on a solution. 

Am i the only one having this issue with the ZEN17 relay

BTW all nodes and functions worked with Zmatter board installed and prior migrating to Zmatter.

Any help is appreciated

Josef

On 4/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, lilyoyo1 said:

You may have to remove and re-add to see it as a dimmer. Historically, we've had to remove devices that were already in the isy once firmware updates added new attributes

I did remove and re add right after updating, but it's still shows as a switch. 

I did not factory reset the switch after removing it though, that is next on my list. 

Edit: (Follow up) I removed the switch, factory reset, set it as a dimmer and re-added, but IoX still only shows it as a switch, not a dimmer.

Edited by stevesreed
6 hours ago, joembz said:

Hello All,

Regarding ZEN17 support

Has anyone been able to get the ZEN 17 relay to show open / close nodes that work when setting parameters as follows

Par. 2 and 3 to 7 or 11

Par. 6 and 8 to 1

Par. 10 and 11 to 0

Par. 15 and 17 to 1

I have always kept the ISY/Polisy updated and am currently running v5.6.0. I have excluded/included with s2 /without s2, replaced with interview, updated with interview, updated firmware, set compatibility on/off, increased interview time to 3 minutes, I have opened multiple tickets with no progress. I've had very limited response from UD on this ticket or an indication that they are working on a solution. 

Am i the only one having this issue with the ZEN17 relay

BTW all nodes and functions worked with Zmatter board installed and prior migrating to Zmatter.

Any help is appreciated

Josef

Yes, I think the solution a bunch of us came up with before was to make sure you have the most current firmware on Zen17 then it works.

The Garage door mode works in that it makes the switch momentary and shuts off after a second or so. The difference is that setting par2/3 to 11 it isolates the sensors from the relays.

You don't need to set Par 6,8, 10,11, 15, 17 etc. to turn the relay off yourself... just need par 2/3 to 7 or 11.

I had working exactly like this, and in fact just excluded from IoX to move over to Home Assstant.

19 hours ago, brians said:

Yes, I think the solution a bunch of us came up with before was to make sure you have the most current firmware on Zen17 then it works.

The Garage door mode works in that it makes the switch momentary and shuts off after a second or so. The difference is that setting par2/3 to 11 it isolates the sensors from the relays.

You don't need to set Par 6,8, 10,11, 15, 17 etc. to turn the relay off yourself... just need par 2/3 to 7 or 11.

I had working exactly like this, and in fact just excluded from IoX to move over to Home Assstant.

Thank Brians

Even with the latest firmware 1.30 and par. 2 and 3 set to 11 it does not create the needed nodes to monitor open close status on both s1 and s2 inputs

BTW with v1.30 on the ZEN 17 the only way to get a momentary relays is to run par. 2 and 3 on 11 because of a glitch in the new firmware that will not work properly when the parameters are set as I described earlier ( Zooz is working on a fix for this)

Par. 2 and 3 to 7 

Par. 6 and 8 to 1

Par. 10 and 11 to 0

Par. 15 and 17 to 1

The ZEN 17 does work properly with homeseer and with the Zmatter board before the zwave was migrated.

35 minutes ago, joembz said:

Thank Brians

Even with the latest firmware 1.30 and par. 2 and 3 set to 11 it does not create the needed nodes to monitor open close status on both s1 and s2 inputs

BTW with v1.30 on the ZEN 17 the only way to get a momentary relays is to run par. 2 and 3 on 11 because of a glitch in the new firmware that will not work properly when the parameters are set as I described earlier ( Zooz is working on a fix for this)

Par. 2 and 3 to 7 

Par. 6 and 8 to 1

Par. 10 and 11 to 0

Par. 15 and 17 to 1

The ZEN 17 does work properly with homeseer and with the Zmatter board before the zwave was migrated.

Reinterview it after changing 10 and 11

2 minutes ago, brians said:

Reinterview it after changing 10 and 11

Did do Update with interview, Replace with interview, and excluded and reincluded All after setting 2&3 to 7 and 11 and setting 10&11 to 0. Nothing I do creates usable nodes to detect s1 and S2 door position

5 minutes ago, joembz said:

Did do Update with interview, Replace with interview, and excluded and reincluded All after setting 2&3 to 7 and 11 and setting 10&11 to 0. Nothing I do creates usable nodes to detect s1 and S2 door position

Are you including with s2 auth ?

3 minutes ago, joembz said:

With s2, without s2, with no security

Actually I think I remember that the Zen17 didn't label the nodes correctly like was on the old ZWave platform (not ZMatter). I remember I had for my garage door an actual sensor that said open/close and some Door-Window Sensor but with ZMatter I think the only useful thing was on/off. Is that what you are referring to?

Here is screenshot in my current HA, but It showed something similar node when I used Zooz dongle and correctly showed an Open/Close Door node. With ZMatter this did not work. You will have to make do with the on/off node.

image.png.eb4bada06a4f4ec3600f6f18ec48399b.png

5 minutes ago, brians said:

Actually I think I remember that the Zen17 didn't label the nodes correctly like was on the old ZWave platform (not ZMatter). I remember I had for my garage door an actual sensor that said open/close and some Door-Window Sensor but with ZMatter I think the only useful thing was on/off. Is that what you are referring to?

Here is screenshot in my current HA, but It showed something similar node when I used Zooz dongle and correctly showed an Open/Close Door node. With ZMatter this did not work. You will have to make do with the on/off node.

image.png.eb4bada06a4f4ec3600f6f18ec48399b.png

It show something like that with my zmatter board before the migration and in HomeSeer door state and open closed. Now it has a node for channel.2 v1 alarm that never changes status and no channel .1 is ever created. 

12 minutes ago, joembz said:

It show something like that with my zmatter board before the migration and in HomeSeer door state and open closed. Now it has a node for channel.2 v1 alarm that never changes status and no channel .1 is ever created. 

Here is link to where I got it working back in 5.5.6 but this is a momentary sensor not garage.

Since then I used one on Garage but I do not have a screenshot of it. However, here is documentation I made how to do for future:

For Garage Door with ZMatter
---------------
Connected the button and the sensor to separate sensor/relays just in case the isolation is not set correctly - if Zen17 is accidentally factory reset. Sensor is on S1, Button is on R2.
Note with this config, parameter 2/3 can be set to 3 since there is no isolation required.
However setting 2/3 to 11 isolates the relays and could use another input S2 for something in future.

Reset
Include in ISY (can be S0, don't need auth just to set parameter 2/3)
Set parameter 2 and 3 to 11 for garage door (momentary mode)
Set Parameter 2 to 11
Set Parameter 3 to 11
Exclude
Include (use S2 Auth and key when re-including)
This will add additional nodes Door-Window Sensors in addition to Binary Switches.

Set Parameter 10 to 0
Set Parameter 11 to 0
This isolates the relays being triggered from the inputs

Here is old info prior to ZMatter:

NOTE: for Garage, following not needed if using parameter 2/3 to 11 which is garage door momentary.
Type 11 was added in firmware update which makes garage door momentary with separate sensor nodes.
I just left here for reference.

To set simulate momentary 1 second
Parameter 8: auto turn-off timer for Relay 2
Parameter 17: auto turn-off timer unit for Relay 2

Set Parameter 17 to 1 (seconds)
Set Paramter 8 to 1 (1 second) *** must use 4 byte to write

Parameter 20: Reverse the reported values for your selected input on S2 C terminals (select same value as parameter 3 eg. 7)
(not reversed set to 0)

Closed on Sensor 1 will show door closed
Set Parameter 20 to 7 if your door sensor switch is NO (normally open) when closed.

Edited by brians

I never get open/closed nodes that work, I get s2 v1 alarm that does not work but no s1 ever, excluded included updated with interview replaced with interview Never

I did get them before migration and on 5.5.6

Hello Brian 

I followed your post in 5.5.5 support, I've tried everything you listed already, including excluding and including it with s2 with P2 and P3 on 7, on 10, on 11 and i never see the additional nodes for s1 and s2 sensors. My ZEN 17 has the latest v1.30 firmware but it did the same thing with v1.20. I also have 2 ZEN 17 relays that do exactly the same thing

Strange World

Hello Brian

I dont know why I have these issues when others have added the ZEN 17 with the Nodes working. After Excluding/Including, Updating w/int, replacing w/int and changing Parameters in every possible way. I went from ZY035 to ZY065 BTW. I finally found that adding the relay with the UD Mobile using smart add and the QR code I did get working inputs that show ON/OFF status on the polisy. >>> Yeah!!!! 

1 hour ago, joembz said:

Hello Brian

I dont know why I have these issues when others have added the ZEN 17 with the Nodes working. After Excluding/Including, Updating w/int, replacing w/int and changing Parameters in every possible way. I went from ZY035 to ZY065 BTW. I finally found that adding the relay with the UD Mobile using smart add and the QR code I did get working inputs that show ON/OFF status on the polisy. >>> Yeah!!!! 

Good that you got working. It appears has something to do with s2 auth and scanning QR code should be same as entering the pin in AC. This is strange really but glad you have working. 

On 4/26/2023 at 12:23 PM, joembz said:

Hello Brian

I have much empathy for what @joembz has gone through as I have had the same frustration for 3 months on getting the ZEN17 to include properly to activate the sensor node and simply install correctly.  My main limitation was getting Parameter 2 & 3 setup with Setting 10 and every time I would attempt inclusion I would get alarm node and basic nodes, but never the binary sensor nodes... alarm nodes do not even apply to simple parameter 2/3 setting 10 configuration.

I had been doing all inclusions and exclusions with the Java AC interface and migration tools and just as @joembz had tried endless attempts so did I and nothing worked.  Over the last 3 months, I had been working with @Chris Jahnand tried all of his suggestions and there were a few times I successfully achieved getting the binary sensor node to show, but the node was not persistent and with various actions they would disappear.

Today, I tried the UD Mobile SmartAdd method and the very first time all the nodes for the Parameter 2/3 setting 10 configuration showed immediately and in the correct node/subnode.

ScreenShot2023-04-28at12_03_06PM.png.877fb76abc2f3fd5e16c15bb56838a0f.png

This was a first.  Why the standard exclude/include methods failed most of the time is still a mystery.  At least the UD Mobile method with scanning the QR code as shown a very positive result.

• Like 1