Support thread: IoX 5.6.2 Release

@Michel Kohanim  - Yes, I saw you mention that. I don't want a cloud-based API; from what I can tell, Vue doesn't have an official API but they say, cool, look at these projects people have made in the community (I'd consider the Vue NS in that same boat). From what code surfing I did, the reverse-engineered API all those projects are using is cloud-based authentication (and data).
That's why I was hoping the ZMatter Polisy / eISY would directly bridge to Smart Meters as a HAN with its Zigbee radio, and keep all the data local.

Upgraded from 5.6.0 to 5.6.2.  System seems to really lag around 2100-2200 hrs (PST) pretty unresponsive that requires a reboot to get it to do anything.  

I have a couple of programs that run at 2100 and will disable to see if that helps. These haven't been an issue in the past. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having issue with IOX after upgrade to 5.6.2.  I have cleared the JAVA cache and downloaded latest IOX.  Also rebooted.

When I go into one of my programs and try to select one of my devices using either the Control or status drop down, I am not able to drop down the device list. The field just shows the current program item.  All other drop downs work except for the device list.  image.thumb.png.a13000bb8aa3d16e829d24a50f13a564.png

8 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

Having issue with IOX after upgrade to 5.6.2.  I have cleared the JAVA cache and downloaded latest IOX.  Also rebooted.

When I go into one of my programs and try to select one of my devices using either the Control or status drop down, I am not able to drop down the device list. The field just shows the current program item.  All other drop downs work except for the device list.  image.thumb.png.a13000bb8aa3d16e829d24a50f13a564.png

To add more to this.  In the field that says control, If I select another option in that field, like variable, it does not change the other field drop downs to show the variables I can drop down.  It still shows the device fields.

Just checked using LAN version in IOX finder and it works fine.  Does not work on Cloud only.

Edited by TheA2Z
7 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

To add more to this.  In the field that says control, If I select another option in that field, like variable, it does not change the other field drop downs to show the variables I can drop down.  It still shows the device fields.

This may be worth a try for you. I have similar problems when logging in using the 'Cloud' option. but not when using the 'LAN' option.

Edited by Athlon
4 minutes ago, Techman said:

My date stamps are both 2023-06-05.  Not sure if this is an issue, but you can try clearing your Java cache, including all installed applications, and then download the IoX Launcher:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

@Techman You are on to something.  If I log into the Cloud version, I get the disimilar versions in the UI and Firmware I show two posts up.

If I log into the LAN version, the both match.  Any ideas on how to fix?

image.png.e082e788deae754a82b7f0019fd6ea5a.png

@TheA2Z @Athlon not sure how much Michel might actually be watching the forums currently so best way to report this as possible bug is through a support ticket.  

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

Certainly the advised method to report bugs so they can be tracked and fixed internally is through support tickets. 

Be sure you attach screen shots of UI/FW information to your ticket. 

• Thanks 1

@TheA2Z @Athlon I was able to test the "cloud" option to connect to Admin Console today and couldn't even get it to load the entire menu option to get the help -> about option to compare firmware. It does appear there might be an issue with the cloud connection function. Hopefully with the support ticket(s) in this will get addressed quickly. 

I was able to get help -> about to come up by using the keyboard (alt + h -> a) and get the same mismatched time stamps as above. 

image.png

For the time being the local connection method seems to work just fine. But, you've got to be local for that to work.

If needing to access things while remote it does appear that UD Mobile works while away. Depending on what you needed to adjust though you might, or might not be able to handle it with UD Mobile.

On 6/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, carealtor said:

It's not just you.  I am experiencing the same thing.

Update:  I discovered that using the LAN login from the launcher instead of CLOUD works.  CLOUD is not working for me at all.

I wish I had seen this last week. After updating from 5.5.4 to 5.6.2 I was having problems. Previously I selected CLOUD and had no problems. After the update I could not access the individual devices. After submitting a ticket I discovered that it worked correctly if I launched it with LAN.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Techman said:

The Cloud access is still not working correctly on the EISY, 5.6.2, I'm unable to access tabs and programs. LAN is working correctly.

Out of curiosity, are you accessing eisy remotely with your portal address?

I have been successful accessing both an eisy and Insteon using my Portal address.

@Techman I have the same issue as @TheA2Z in that my version dates are not the same for cloud access on a Polisy.

image.png.7b8e7c70c7e427f043800118cec3b018.png

It makes cloud access impossible to use from AC. Lan works fine. @DennisC I have not tried portal via the could, but with the mismatch in versions, I doubt it would work any better than local AC access.

Edited by kzboray
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DennisC said:

I have been successful accessing both an eisy and Insteon using my Portal address.

You're lucky then. Can confirm cloud option doesn't work even if local. Tested earlier (while remote using portal login) with java console logger and it gives a lot of errors of "unknown source".  UDI acknowledged there being an issue (per @TheA2Z post above) and plan to fix in upcoming release. 

When admin console loads it just loads the "File" menu, and even those options don't come up cleanly.

image.png

@kzboray Seems this is an issue with 5.6.2 since also impacting your Polisy on that version. 

It does look like some reported this earlier this month so it's something that's been an issue for this release.  

• Like 1