Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.32 (June 27, 2023)

9 minutes ago, brians said:

Nice that all those restart options etc. are removed.

I just notice that I cannot access the original PG2 website anymore, not sure when this was removed. Not that it is of any use anymore, just curious... can you confirm?

Do you mean polyglot.isy.io? If so, yes it was removed a few weeks ago.

10 hours ago, bgrubb1 said:

I was on a Polisy  5.62 and 3.1.29

Have upgraded multiple time and rebooted cycled power etc and only get to 3.31 (on PG3X)

is that expected on Polisy ?

Just tried to upgrade as well. Still on 3.1.29...

I just did any Eisy upgrade packages now and rebooted.  I got a rsa signature verification error in cmd screen  see below.  Havent got that before.  It shows I upgraded to .31

image.png.17b1b23f650621be3a94d33176412ccc.png

image.thumb.png.8fcbb33a61a51d2cbe0ba18d2a06c443.png

Edited by TheA2Z
added missing info

I too am having trouble upgrading, I even get a pop-up "Packages have been upgraded successfully!!!" but when I go look I'm still at 5.6.2 and 3.1.28 .  I even get the dialouge "Some updated packages are avaiable..." but when I try to upgrade them, multiple times, I can't authenticate to PG3x and have to reboot the eisy from the command prompt or power-fail the eisy to get it back.

Tried to update from 3.1.29 to 3.1.32 three times yesterday, no success. Even tried the one button update on the front panel of my PoliSy. The system says it's updating on AC and on the PG3x web page, beeps with five beeps as if it has updated, but nothing actually changes.

5 hours ago, TheA2Z said:

I just did any Eisy upgrade packages now and rebooted.  I got a rsa signature verification error in cmd screen  see below.  Havent got that before.  It shows I upgraded to .31

Does you system operate normally despite the error?  I had this problem yesterday but my system would not get past the error.  I opened a ticket and by the end of the day they had fixed something on their end and the update then happened successfully.

3 hours ago, GJ Software Products said:

I too am having trouble upgrading, I even get a pop-up "Packages have been upgraded successfully!!!" but when I go look I'm still at 5.6.2 and 3.1.28 .  I even get the dialouge "Some updated packages are avaiable..." but when I try to upgrade them, multiple times, I can't authenticate to PG3x and have to reboot the eisy from the command prompt or power-fail the eisy to get it back.

I also had this problem yesterday and it was resolved by what ever Michel did on their end of things.  Did you try it again today?

16 minutes ago, kzboray said:

Tried to update from 3.1.29 to 3.1.32 three times yesterday, no success. Even tried the one button update on the front panel of my PoliSy. The system says it's updating on AC and on the PG3x web page, beeps with five beeps as if it has updated, but nothing actually changes.

Try it today and see if you are successful

Note, I had a new problem today and had to open another ticket.  There is a bug in .32 that causes trouble if your internet connection gets flaky.  There is a .33 fix that is due out later today.

BTW, thanks to Michel for the amazing customer support!!

1 hour ago, kzboray said:

Tried twice today (Polisy) - stuck on 3.1.29

I was able to upgrade my Polisy to 3.1.32 today by using the My Notifications Bata feature on UD Mobile. The only issue I had was all my custom contend notifications I had setup reverted to the customized content #1. It did not delete anything so I was able to back through my notifications and reassign the proper content to the proper notification.

@bpwwer Is there no longer a button to restart PG3x on the web UI ? I thought it used to be in the dropdown list of System. 

Edited by tlightne
9 minutes ago, tlightne said:

I was able to upgrade my Polisy to 3.1.32 today by using the My Notifications Bata feature on UD Mobile. The only issue I had was all my custom contend notifications I had setup reverted to the customized content #1. It did not delete anything so I was able to back through my notifications and reassign the proper content to the proper notification.

@bpwwer Is there no longer a button to restart PG3x on the web UI ? I thought it used to be in the dropdown list of System. 

The restart PG3x option has been removed.

1 hour ago, bmercier said:

If you really want to just restart PG3, it has to be through SSH.

sudo service pg3 restart 

Warning though I tried this a few times.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes Polisy.  So then you have to reboot anyways so I find it just as easy to reboot.  

"sudo service pg3 onerestart"  is the correct way.  And I do this sometimes dozens of times in a short period of time when debugging and doing feature development on PG3x, never once has it caused my eisy to crash.  If the Polisy is crashing, then something else is probably wrong.  PG3x should not have enough privilege to crash the Polisy/eisy.

• Thanks 1