Support Thread for IoX 5.6.4

Just bought a couple of Aqara Motion Detectors (Not P1 but original model) off Amazon.  Not pairing with Eisy 5.6.4

1. Checked Zigbee support then save.
  2. Rebooted Eisy
  3. Now have zigbee Drop down menu.
  4. Clicked add zigbee device
  5. Held button on device for 10 seconds.  It flashed a view times but did not connect to Eisy.

Has anyone been able to get these to work on Eisy?  I saw latest 5.6.4 enables Zigbee Motion devices so thought I would give them a try.

4 hours ago, TheA2Z said:

Just bought a couple of Aqara Motion Detectors (Not P1 but original model) off Amazon.  Not pairing with Eisy 5.6.4

2. Rebooted Eisy
  5. Held button on device for 10 seconds.  It flashed a view times but did not connect to Eisy.

Has anyone been able to get these to work on Eisy?  I saw latest 5.6.4 enables Zigbee Motion devices so thought I would give them a try.

Do you mean holding the button continuously? After I reset the Zigbee devices I had, I clicked Add Zigbee device, and the recently reset devices just appeared, no button press on the device necessary other than the reset. The reset was probably only necessary in my case because I had already added them to my Smartthings hub.

9 hours ago, landolfi said:

Do you mean holding the button continuously? After I reset the Zigbee devices I had, I clicked Add Zigbee device, and the recently reset devices just appeared, no button press on the device necessary other than the reset. The reset was probably only necessary in my case because I had already added them to my Smartthings hub.

@landolfi  I held the reset button on Aqara Motion for 10 sec both ways.  Once before I pushed add zigbee device and the second time, I pushed Aqara button after I pressed add zigbee device.

Would be good to know if anyone got these Aqara motion (non-p1) or even got the new Aqara P1 motion to pair with Eisy?

1 hour ago, TheA2Z said:

@landolfi  I held the reset button on Aqara Motion for 10 sec both ways.  Once before I pushed add zigbee device and the second time, I pushed Aqara button after I pressed add zigbee device.

OK, it sounds like that device requires some sort of special pairing mode after reset, none of my Zigbee devices did.

Edited by landolfi
On 8/12/2023 at 9:00 AM, Techman said:

Aeotec uses the RAR compression format for their firmware update files. Is there a timeframe when they will supported?  

FYI

The RAR format is actually like a zip file containing a windows app that you use to upgrade an older Aeotec device like the Multisensor 6.  As far as we can tell, Aeotec does not provide an actual firmware file that we can upload into the device.

They do supply firmware files for newer Aeotec devices like the illumino dimmer switch (ZWA037)

41 minutes ago, Techman said:

Hi Chris,

Aeotec has the latest firmware, version 1.15, on their site for the Multisensor 6. The update files are available in two formats, RAR, and HEC. I've zipped both and attached them. Does your OTA support HEC?

I noticed that their firmware update for the illumino dimmer switch is in the GBL format

OTA of ZW100_MultiSensor 6_US_V1_15.zip 795.46 kB · 0 downloads MultiSensor 6_US_v_1.15.zip 288.99 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks,

I'm aware of them but unfortunately we can't use them.  The RAR format is not firmware, it is equivalent to a zip file that contains a program that you run on windows that installs the firmware (i.e. has the actual firmware embedded within the program).  The HEC format is a proprietary format only usable by homeseer.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2023 at 5:37 PM, TheA2Z said:

2. Rebooted Eisy

Update: I opened a Ticket as I could not get an Aqara motion or P1 motion to work with eisy.  Response was Aqara requires their own hub and is proprietary.  UD is not sure if they will ever be able to get those devices to connect.

UD recommended the ThirdReality Motion as they have tested with it, so I ordered one from Amazon.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:03 AM, giomania said:

I am still stuck on 5.6.2 and unable to upgrade. Were we expecting this release to fix this type of issue?

I have similar issue.  I'm on 5.6.0, and upgrade isn't happening.  Went to the console, selected upgrade packages, waiting over an hour, logged back into console and wasn't asked to reboot and still on 5.6.0.  Had the same issue trying to upgrade to 5.6.3.

On 8/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, giomania said:

I am still stuck on 5.6.2 and unable to upgrade. Were we expecting this release to fix this type of issue?

What do you mean "stuck" on 5.6.2? If you're having issues with the update process at this point please open a support ticket and get help that way. Otherwise please start a new thread to get direct help to your issue.

2 hours ago, mikeorst said:

I have similar issue.  I'm on 5.6.0, and upgrade isn't happening.

@mikeorst same for you. If you're "stuck" either post a new thread to get specific help or open a support ticket with UDI to get their help for the update process.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

For most users, it seems to be smooth updates from "recent" versions. Since the pace of updating is keeping steady being several versions back might make it a little more difficult to support directly on the forums. There are a lot of posts to check for tips/tricks of making the update take.

Usually the simple solution (at least step in troubleshooting) is to:

• Press "Upgrade Packages" button
  • Leave alert/warning on screen
  • In a few minutes if you're using UD Mobile you might get alerts of device going offline, then online
  • Sometimes another alert will pop up on the admin console window that updates are complete and a reboot is needed.
  • Press "Reboot" button in the admin console.
  • Wait for UD Mobile to notify offline/online status (again)
  • Depending on your hardware, perform a multi function button shutdown
    • (review wiki user guide for your device to find this process)
  • Pull the power supply
  • Wait 20-30 seconds
  • Plug in
  • Wait 2-3 minutes
  • Clear Java Cache (while waiting above)
  • Download new start.jnlp
  • Run start.jnlp
  • Run IoX Launcher
  • Access Admin Console (LAN) [if local]
  • Confirm UI/Firmware in Help -> About menu

The issue has been that some older firmware the "Reboot" button press in Admin Console isn't fully triggering a full power cycle of the device. It's stopping most services, but not enough to fully update the system. Many have found that shutting down the device and pulling the power is the best troubleshooting step to take. 

I suggest shutting down the device first rather than just blindly pulling the power supply because sometimes updates either can still be running or something else is stuck and just pulling the power could corrupt those processes. 

18 hours ago, TheA2Z said:

Update: I opened a Ticket as I could not get an Aqara motion or P1 motion to work with eisy.  Response was Aqara requires their own hub and is proprietary.  UD is not sure if they will ever be able to get those devices to connect.

UD recommended the ThirdReality Motion as they have tested with it, so I ordered one from Amazon.

What I read originally was that Aqara only works with their hub and its proprietary, and after several attempts at adding it I came to that same conclusion.  I did some more digging and found that they should be HA compliant but it can take many tries to actually pair it.  It took me about 10-15 tries but it finally was recognized and paired.

The only issue now is that it uses a cluster we have not yet implemented because its not yet supported in the underlying Zigbee library we are using.  Hopefully they will add support to the library soon so that we can then support it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chris Jahn said:

What I read originally was that Aqara only works with their hub and its proprietary, and after several attempts at adding it I came to that same conclusion.  I did some more digging and found that they should be HA compliant but it can take many tries to actually pair it.  It took me about 10-15 tries but it finally was recognized and paired.

The only issue now is that it uses a cluster we have not yet implemented because its not yet supported in the underlying Zigbee library we are using.  Hopefully they will add support to the library soon so that we can then support it.

I tried Aqara P1 in home assistant with Z2M and although they pair fine, they drop off the network after several hours and have to be repaired constantly.  This is a common issue so best to stay away from these.  I found the Philips Hue new version of motion sensors work very reliably.  

• Like 1

@Chris Jahn

Aeotec sent me the version 1.13 firmware OTZ file for the Multisensor 6. This is the current U.S. version of the firmware.  If you don't already have this file, let me know to send it to you.

Note: 

V1.06 - V1.08 (Latest firmware is V1.08, updating above will brick this sensor)

V1.09 - V1.13 (Latest firmware is V1.13, updating above will brick this sensor)

Edited by Techman