Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

Upgrading Polisy from 5.6.4 -

Started upgrade and after a couple of minutes AC said reboot was required and then AC lost connection and all ssh sessions dropped.

How long is the upgrade supposed to take?  I'm at 30 minutes since the ssh sessions dropped and still can't reconnect with ssh or the AC.

It seems all of my programs have been disabled after upgrade. Kind of a surprise to see. Now I need to remember which ones were intentionally disabled....

Update: I enabled the ones I need, rebooted and they are all disabled again. Please advise.

Edited by BONeil
  • Like 1

Upgraded eisy from 5.6.4 to 5.7.0

When I clicked on reboot I got a Java socket error then it rebooted

After the reboot the eisy didn't show up in the launcher, and I didn't get the traditional clear your java cache message.

I cleared the java cache and 5.7.0 now shows up in the launcher, however when I clicked on the 5.7.0 I got a popup window that said "Not Found" I clicked OK in the box and the admin console loaded.

I don't see an option in the Zwave menu for OTA updates.

If I close the admin console and then open it again I still get the "not found" window.

UPDATE: I just noticed that all my programs have been disabled

Edited by Techman
It seems all of my programs have been disabled after upgrade. Kind of a surprise to see. Now I need to remember which ones were intentionally disabled....
Update: I enabled the ones I need, rebooted and they are all disabled again. Please advise.

For the future, if you go to the programs tab and right click the main folder then select copy folder to clip board, you can then paste a text version of all your programs into a document. This file will have a note by each program that indicates if it is disabled.
Also, I generally name all disabled programs with parentheses around the name for quick detection. This messes with the normal sort order (putting them first), so may not be for you if you want them sorted ‘properly’.
1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Upgrading Polisy from 5.6.4 -

Started upgrade and after a couple of minutes AC said reboot was required and then AC lost connection and all ssh sessions dropped.

How long is the upgrade supposed to take?  I'm at 30 minutes since the ssh sessions dropped and still can't reconnect with ssh or the AC.

System dead after attempting upgrade, multiple power cycles have not helped.  Submitting ticket.

I upgraded from 5.6.4 and all good. No disabled programs.

As someone else reported I cleared the java cache as well and 5.7.0 now shows up in the launcher, however when I clicked on the 5.7.0 I got a popup window that said "Not Found" I clicked OK in the box and the admin console loaded.

The launcher also presents two lines one the local IP of Polisy and the other just "polisy".

I cleared the java cache a couple of times with the same result.

Capture.thumb.PNG.4b2e66c70844206b71009cecaf35182b.PNG

Lastly does anyone know where the Z-Wave OTA update utility is located?

I must be blind 😬

Edited by mmb
2 minutes ago, Techman said:

@mmb

You need to clear your java cache and then download the IoX Launcher, that will correct the "not found" issue. Apparently, the launcher has been updated You may have used an older version.

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

@Techman I'm up to date on the start.jnlp and the cache was cleared but the not found is gone on my latest try.

Still stuck with two launcher rows.

Thx!

I have just upgraded my Polisy Pro from 5.6.4_8 to 5.7.0 and all seemed to go well but after logging in I found that all Z-Wave was not functioning and the error message under the Z-wave tab indicated that Zmatter Z-wave is not responding.  I have tried both rebooting and power-cycling with no success.  I have submitted a ticket and am just awaiting a response.

My EISY has been offline for months and this morning I decided to re-activate and update everything.  No issues updating the firmware, the UI or PG3 and all appears OK, but I saw the note a few posts back about the "Z-Wave | OTA Firmware Upgrade menu items" being available.

I looked at a few z-wave devices and I see nothing regarding the OTA capability.  Here is a screen shot of one of the z-wave devices.  Perhaps someone can comment on what I am missing.

LookingforZ-WaveOTATools.png.8b21031c60aabb315138132699e795b3.png

18 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

For everyone experiencing the problem of having all of their programs disabled, please run the following commands from ssh and send me a DM with the output

sudo ls -lt /var/isy/FILES/CONF

cat /var/isy/FILES/CONF/ENABLED.D2D

Also tried this but got this so I manually enabled them

image.png.456fba1efea44322dd27f5fdad5cd5c9.png