Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

21 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

I also upgraded a Zen17 (1.04 -> 1.30) which worked except that the device did not send out a completion message so the status window just stayed up.  I waited for quite awhile before I closed the window and started using the device.

If this happens when doing any OTA Firmware upgrade, I would recommend you wait at least 10 minutes after you see the last fragment being sent.   Its probably overkill but it gives the device the time to apply the firmware and do a software reboot without being interrupted.

To get the new features from the device you can right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview  

If that doesn't work you may need to remove /add the device again.

Thanks Chris, this has been quite a learning experience, but that's a good thing. 👍

• Like 1

Updated my Polisy. After about 5 min, an a reboot was required from AC. After thise a few minutes later confirm updated to 5.7.0.

UD Mobile is nice to have because it sends me notifications of the update process.

I had to clear java cache to get rid of the error that was incompatible (this seems silly to have to do this nowadays).

• Like 1

Updated to 5.7.0 and it's really messed up now. I realize you're doing the hostname over IP which is fine but no Polyglot V3 can't even be reached. Neither by https://eisy.local:3000 or by using the IP. Then you login to eisy admin and the password is now reset to admin. Once inside the configuration it no longer shows it's assigned IP address. 0.0.0.0 but is connection via hostname which is odd that it's not reporting its assigned IP from the DHCP.

I've done the Reboot after upgrade and did the Press 5 times to power off twice.

Good lord. What's going on now?

Edited by TRI0N
16 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Updated to 5.7.0 and it's really messed up now. I realize you're doing the hostname over IP which is fine but no Polyglot V3 can't even be reached. Neither by https://eisy.local:3000 or by using the IP. Then you login to eisy admin and the password is now reset to admin. Once inside the configuration it no longer shows it's assigned IP address. 0.0.0.0 but is connection via hostname which is odd that it's not reporting its assigned IP from the DHCP.

I've done the Reboot after upgrade and did the Press 5 times to power off twice.

Good lord. What's going on now?

Try pressing the button 6 times to power the unit down and when the light turns red pull the plug to remove power for a little then plug it back in to see if that helps.

16 minutes ago, tazman said:

Try pressing the button 6 times to power the unit down and when the light turns red pull the plug to remove power for a little then plug it back in to see if that helps.

Did that 3 times so far. I was able to get into Polyglot but 90% are all disconnected. Really trying to keep my cool with this....

Upgrade from 5.6.4 on eisy went without a hitch.  Didn't require a  reboot.  Definitely improved i3 integration with the paddle switch and the keypad but there are still a few problems.  I have no idea what the new screen for both of them labeled keypad flags is supposed to do.  The settings on it don't seem to do anything and aren't reflected in the status boxes.  Some of the settings like dim level for the LEDs appear to work now and the status of the switches are accurately reflected in the AC.  The AC controls the switches correctly including dimming now.  There are LED settings on the paddle switch for red, green, and blue colors that don't do anything.  Progress for sure but still some things that need to be fixed.  I probably could install thes switches now with adequate control to make them part of my home system.

image.thumb.png.539a6cfcdc8dba113fcc5281c65b6f3c.png

Edited by keepersg
On 9/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

We have had 3 out of 1010 cases where a polisy (only) gets bricked after the upgrade to 13.2 that's why we disabled it for polisy only. The good news is that it's recoverable so we are working to find a solution that can be applied in the field.

With kind regards,
Michel

I received the release announcement email last night so I just tried upgrading my polisy via the AC, but it did not work (got 5(?) beeps, but AC stayed 'alive', no logout, and still on same f/w as before: 5.6.4). When I browsed through the support thread here I found @Michel Kohanim post buried, indicating that the upgrade has been disabled. Not sure what 13.2 refers to though, so I wonder if my issue is related here or not. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, keepersg said:

Upgrade from 5.6.4 on eisy went without a hitch.  Didn't require a  reboot.  Definitely improved i3 integration with the paddle switch and the keypad but there are still a few problems.  I have no idea what the new screen for both of them labeled keypad flags is supposed to do.  The settings on it don't seem to do anything and aren't reflected in the status boxes.  Some of the settings like dim level for the LEDs appear to work now and the status of the switches are accurately reflected in the AC.  The AC controls the switches correctly including dimming now.  There are LED settings on the paddle switch for red, green, and blue colors that don't do anything.  Progress for sure but still some things that need to be fixed.  I probably could install thes switches now with adequate control to make them part of my home system.

image.thumb.png.539a6cfcdc8dba113fcc5281c65b6f3c.png

Hello,

This was tested on the current I3 Keypad and I3 Paddle and all the flags ands LEDs should be working and visible as status (and thus usable in programs etc.).  Have you tried querying the Keypad Flags node?  Is it possible you have an earlier version of the I3 Keypad that doesn't have the most recent firmware?

5 hours ago, waffles said:

I received the release announcement email last night so I just tried upgrading my polisy via the AC, but it did not work (got 5(?) beeps, but AC stayed 'alive', no logout, and still on same f/w as before: 5.6.4). When I browsed through the support thread here I found @Michel Kohanim post buried, indicating that the upgrade has been disabled. Not sure what 13.2 refers to though, so I wonder if my issue is related here or not. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Same here.  Got the email, tried to upgrade, 5 beeps, no change to the version.  I assume the entire Polisy update is disabled, IOX 13.2 and ISY 5.7.0, and I'll just have to wait.

On 9/13/2023 at 8:11 AM, mmb said:

@Chris Jahn passed along how to confirm z-wave firmware version information for a device.

right+click | X-Ray | DH Command Classes and look for the Version command class (134) and you will see the application/library/etc. versions for the device

In this case version 1.30.

Capture.thumb.PNG.45a9db90d3e62ea160c9fb55c5d87873.PNG

On clarification on this .. to see the changes to the device in IoX after the OTA Firmware upgrade completes,  you must either do:

right+click | Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview 

or

Remove and add the device again.

• Like 1

I hope I'm not out of line for posting this, but I'd advise Polisy owners to wait.  The first time I tried it yesterday I got something similar to what's described above: it said the version was still 5.64.  And after the Jave cache clearing it dished up an AC that wouldn't connect, because it was newer than the firmware version - a first for me.  I tried again, and this time it told me it was going to update FreeBSD, and it would take a long time - which probably wasn't really going to happen, based on Michel's earlier post.  But what it did do was return with an infinitely repeating "Initializing" gauge (I forget the exact wording).  All devices were still present, but none would respond - nor would NS's - and all my programs were missing.  I power cycled and kept getting the same behavior.  I let it run overnight and saw the same behavior this morning.  So I power cycled again this morning, and when I left for work, it appeared to have recovered somewhat based on some programs working and UD Mobile working.  I was afraid to launch the AC, but I will when I get home.

First time I've ever had a problem this bad with anything UDI.

-Tom

• Like 2

Just trying to fully understand things on this new update.

So far from what I have been reading;

Polisy has had the most problems with this upgrade/update.

eISY has had few issues with this upgrade/update.

Am I correct in assuming that this upgrade will now be problem free with the eISY moving from 5.6.4 to this 5.7.0? (With me it has always been something it seems).

John

2 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

On clarification on this .. to see the changes to the device in IoX after the OTA Firmware upgrade completes,  you must either do:

right+click | Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview 

or

Remove and add the device again.

Thanks @Chris Jahn, why wouldn't IOX capture these changes as part of the update process?

Like close the loop...

Edited by mmb

Update is fine...after 3 reboots and re-enabling my programs. BUT If I select Update Packages again it says there's the OS update. I thought this was removed for Polisy? I didnt do it....should I?

Sad my Zigbee Human Presence sensor is not recognized as anything useful yet. Looking forward to all kinds of fun programs with it.