Email to Text @TMOmail.net not working

pz1122

2 hours ago, pz1122 said:

I tried to send a regular email to the address and didn’t get a text.

If you tried yourself then it sounds like T-Mobile is like all the other carriers that were slowing this down or disabled this service because of the amount of SPAM sent through this method. 

It's been commented here many times that email to text was an inefficient way to get alerts (going back several years now). 

2 hours ago, pz1122 said:

Any solutions? 

Email to email or using other notification methods is the suggested route.

Perform a Google Site Search for SMS delayed notifications and see some of the old conversations. 

Additionally, just random web searches result with these two topics on the T-Mobile site:

https://community.t-mobile.com/apple-8/sending-text-to-my-cell-phone-using-attmomail-net-no-longer-working-51741

https://community.t-mobile.com/t-mobile-com-account-62/text-messages-from-python-program-no-longer-getting-through-52034

21 hours ago, pz1122 said:

My text notifications stopped working. I use email to SMS with t-mobile address. @TMOMail.net.  Is this no longer working? I tried to send a regular email to the address and didn’t get a text.   Any solutions? 

Try using Notification plugin. You can also add a service like Pushover, or use UD Mobile for delivery. Both a very responsive.

@pz1122 I prefer text messages to other methods of receiving info from the ISY; however, about every 4-6 months, things go wonky.  The carrier (mine is Verizon) throttles the messages and either none come through or they're delayed.

Things go back to normal within days or up to 3 weeks.  

When this happens, I change a variable and then the ISY also emails me the message.  When the texts start working again, I change the variable back and I only receive texts.

I wish notifications in UD Mobile acted the same way as text messaging - it's close, but you still have to do an extra click or two to clear the message.

Ross

1 hour ago, Ross said:

I prefer text messages to other methods of receiving info from the ISY

That's one of the reasons I suggested the Notification plugin using Pushover. The notifications come up the same way, you can read and dismiss most of them, without opening Pushover.

I also use Verizon and got very tired of the delays and periods of just not working.

This way is convenient and just works.

• Like 1