Clear All Notifications?

I have multiple new notifications (blue dot) on the Notifications tab in UD Mobile, is there a simple way to clear all the blue dots at once or do I have to select them all individually to clear the dot?  If there isn't a way, this would be a great feature addition. 

17 minutes ago, Kentinada said:

I have multiple new notifications (blue dot) on the Notifications tab in UD Mobile, is there a simple way to clear all the blue dots at once or do I have to select them all individually to clear the dot?  If there isn't a way, this would be a great feature addition. 

With Android, you click on the trash container in the upper right corner and it will delete all your notifications after asking if you want to delete all.

1 hour ago, Kentinada said:

in UD Mobile, is there a simple way to clear all the blue dots at once or do I have to select them all individually to clear the dot

Are you trying to just mark them read/seen or do you want to delete them all together?

iOS is like @dbuss says for Android. Top right there's a trash can that allows you to delete all alerts. What's the point of keeping them after seeing them? Just delete them all. Otherwise, I don't think there's a way to mass mark them read. Not many reasons (IMO) to keep them after glancing at them. 

Yes I knew of the trash can to delete them all. Sometimes, like now, you may me trying to debug something (e.g. entering & leaving the geofence). I want to clear the unread mark but still keep the notification so I can be sure things are working (or not). I will just keep clearing one at a time. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ross said:

@Kentinada  It would be nice if the blue dot went away as soon as one goes to the notification page (similar to how an email is considered read once it's looked at). 

I'm not sure why there is the extra step of having to tap on it.

Ross

Will try to get to this in the next few builds.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Javi said:

Will try to get to this in the next few builds.

I would offer up a different opinion, I prefer to click to clear the notice. There are times I'm busy and can not take corrective action right away. I like leaving the notice active as a reminder and I can go back to it right away and refresh my memory.

2 hours ago, DennisC said:

I would offer up a different opinion, I prefer to click to clear the notice. There are times I'm busy and can not take corrective action right away. I like leaving the notice active as a reminder and I can go back to it right away and refresh my memory.

I think I misunderstood the request.  The acknowledgement will only be cleared if the notification is clicked.

Added in Android 1.1.47. Not yet implemented for iOS.

3 minutes ago, Javi said:

I think I misunderstood the request.  The acknowledgement will only be cleared if the notification is clicked.

Added in Android 1.1.47. Not yet implemented for iOS.

I understand, but of there are a bunch that you are saving, the blue dot allows you to locate the revalent one quickly.

Suggestion:

• Add a checkmark button above the list of notifications.
  • Tap the button to mark all notifications as read.  A confirmation dialog is recommended.
  • Dim the icon if there are no unread notifications and make the button inactive. 

See attached mockup.

mock1.png

Edited by dex
  • Like 3
On 1/6/2024 at 2:53 PM, dex said:

Suggestion:

• Add a checkmark button above the list of notifications.
  • Tap the button to mark all notifications as read.  A confirmation dialog is recommended.
  • Dim the icon if there are no unread notifications and make the button inactive. 

Will add to our list, need server side implementation before we can implement as badge updates would trigger too many refresh requests.

• Like 1

I was hoping for fewer taps to mark them read; and now we may have a additional confirmation dialog to tap.

I understand that we all use these a bit differently:  Kentinada likes my idea, but DennisC and dex like it another way. 

Perhaps there could be a setting asking how to mark them "read". 

Thanks as always,

Ross

1 hour ago, Ross said:

I was hoping for fewer taps to mark them read; and now we may have a additional confirmation dialog to tap.

I understand that we all use these a bit differently:  Kentinada likes my idea, but DennisC and dex like it another way. 

Perhaps there could be a setting asking how to mark them "read". 

Thanks as always,

Ross

Maybe a disappearing undo button instead of confirmation.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 6:32 PM, Javi said:

Maybe a disappearing undo button instead of confirmation.

Undo button could work, but it would be bad practice to make it disappear.  It could go gray/disabled when there’s nothing to undo, but disappearing buttons tend to undermine user confidence and learning.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:26 PM, dex said:

Undo button could work, but it would be bad practice to make it disappear.  It could go gray/disabled when there’s nothing to undo, but disappearing buttons tend to undermine user confidence and learning.

The disappearing undo message (snackbar undo) is fairly common in app and web development.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Javi said:

The disappearing undo message (snackbar undo) is fairly common in app and web development.

Agreed!  For this purpose, this is a far better idea than a static button that disappears.

Edited by dex