Support Thread: IoX v5.8.4 (June 27, 2024)

Chris Jahn

Hi Chris,

Does this release fix the issue with the bluetooth service losing its setting upon reboot?

Backing up 5.8.4 took less than two seconds. Most impressive.  I had to check my file list to make sure it actually backed up as I never received a "backing up" notice.

Edited by Techman
3 hours ago, Techman said:

Hi Chris,

Does this release fix the issue with the bluetooth service losing its setting upon reboot?

Not that I'm aware of.

3 hours ago, Techman said:

Backing up 5.8.4 took less than two seconds. Most impressive.  I had to check my file list to make sure it actually backed up as I never received a "backing up" notice.

Yes, we've moved the bulk of the work from the Admin Console to the eisy and it sped things up quite a bit!  I'll see why we are missing the completion notification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, wrj0 said:

My eisy upgrade to v5.8.4 went well and backups are indeed very fast.

My backup file size went from 6400KB in v5.8.3 to 225KB n v5.8.4.
Am I missing anything?

Yes, we are no longer backing up the node status history database (the database used by UD Mobile to show charts for the ongoing activity of your devices).  This database can grow to a significant size so we're deciding on the best direction for pruning it and backing it up.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Yes, we are no longer backing up the node status history database (the database used by UD Mobile to show charts for the ongoing activity of your devices).  This database can grow to a significant size so we're deciding on the best direction for pruning it and backing it up.

Thanks, Chris.

16 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Something janky happened with my plug-ins post upgrade — only two of twelve will restart — Ecowitt and ST-Sonos.  I’ve tried reinstalling all of them to no avail.  No doubt Python related?

If you have not upgraded in a while there is a new python.  The UDX upgrade rebuilds it.   Did you wait until it said to reboot?  Mine took a good 15 minutes when I did that upgrade a week or 2 ago.

Just now, macjeff said:

If you have not upgraded in a while there is a new python.  The UDX upgrade rebuilds it.   Did you wait until it said to reboot?  Mine took a good 15 minutes when I did that upgrade a week or 2 ago.

I did wait, yes.  I think I’ll give another reboot and see what happens.

On 6/28/2024 at 5:10 PM, Bumbershoot said:

Something janky happened with my plug-ins post upgrade — only two of twelve will restart — Ecowitt and ST-Sonos.  I’ve tried reinstalling all of them to no avail.  No doubt Python related?

This issue is resolved.  For whatever reason, the install wasn't pointed at the latest repositories.  A simple file edit, reboot of the eisy and a reinstallation of the plugins resolved it.

Greetings.

I've gone ahead and performed the upgrade.  After install I am able to log into the management console and all my devices are listed etc.  I come to find that I can no longer manage any devices.
Z-Wave and Zigbee report not responding and my PLM status report not connected.

I have power cycled the system and  restarted the IoX several times with no success.

Is there something additionally I can try?

Cheers,
Ken.

17 minutes ago, bgrubb1 said:

Resolved here too thanks Michal and a ticket.

issue was a file set to update to quarterly, not latest.   Suspect this occured when there was an update failure a couple of years ago when some of us changed the file to get back up

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I had exactly the same issue.  Easily resolved.