Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

brians

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by brians

  1. I wouldn't worry about windows 10, just leave it internal on LAN and have it run DSCLink. Microsoft end of support does not mean it will stop working. Does NodeLink work on Windows 11 though?
  2. Homekit support was supposed to come out “next week” last month.
  3. Matter devices I have setup require scanning QR code and using a phone app. Apple HomeKit and Home assistant mobile app both worked for me. Although I don’t think it is 100% necessary for a matter device to require using a phone to enroll, it is pretty much the way everyone does it. In most matter devices they have BLE with allows your phone to communicate to do initial setup and it hands off your wifi or sets up on thread or whatever. This is very common to use BLE for lots of things now (eg. Not matter but another example is I can setup a UniFi router and adopt using my phone and BLE). UD even said their phone app would be used to scan QR code but I think they also hinted at other method direct with EISY using its BLE but I may be misunderstanding this. I have not used a cync bulb but what you describe sounds like you can use their app/ecosystem or a matter system. Their app probably allows more advanced control of bulbs and maybe things like scenes, dim rates etc. whereas matter would just be basic settings.
  4. It uses BLE for device setup using a phone app. And yes you have to keep those codes - sometimes they are stamped right in the device. If you don’t have the code you have a nice paper weight. In some cases the device app can generate a code for you but this is normally older devices that have been upgraded to matter eg. Older wiz bulbs. If you are using something like Philips hue the bulbs themselves are not matter and instead use the matter bridge. Aqara bridge does something similar where can bridge its devices to matter using their hub and then some devices are actual matter. But most advanced features still require use of an app.
  5. Every device has an IPv6 link local address. derived from MAC address with prefix fe80. Matter can use this.
  6. Matter uses ipv6 local addresses. No need to enable IPv6 on router.
  7. What hardware do you need to reflash?
  8. Here is my old notes on Zen17 in case anyone is curious. I used a magnetic sensor for garage door. My garage door opens/closes by shorting wires across the terminals.
  9. Has anyone got a Matter device working yet ?
  10. Zen 17 is better than the older zen 16. I used to use a zen 17 and worked good. Just have to set it up correctly with the parameters - someone may have posted how before here. Of course this in works on a garage opener where can short the wires to open or close. Newer ones need something like a ratgdo or wire into a wireless remote instead.
  11. Updated my Polisy tonight. Started around 4:30 p... didn't seem to reboot or anything but the AC went offline, I then saw UID of 00:00:00:00:00:01 and I could connect but not control any Insteon. Still showed 5.8.4. I decided to ssh and rebooted after over an hour waiting. Then after UID was correct and still on 5.8.4, I did another update packages in AC and this time it had a more detailed dialog that was updating to version 14.xxx whatever it said can't remember. Then it updated correctly maybe 20 min. But had me very concerned for hour there.
  12. According to the support thread for IoX 5.9.1, it seems that many are reporting they cannot access from a PC or anything using eisy.local or polisy.local after the update and have to instead use IP address instead. Is mDNS broken in latest IoX 5.9.1 ?
  13. brians replied to johnjces's topic in eisy
    Looking at the announcement page michel says in a Jan 31 post release in next ten days or so.
  14. Those switches support multilevel group 3 and 4 associations and it is a feature of these to keep in sync. Question is does eisy support group 3 and 4 ? Notice how it skips from 2 to 5. But there is a dimmer control so maybe they rename it and that works same as group 3 or 4?
  15. You can make a toggle using a state variable. Just make a program that sets the variable 1 or 0 everytime a button is pressed. Then use that variable to trigger a program which turns on/off a light. I think I have example where I did this also.
  16. Looks like isy doesn’t support group 4 and group 5 associations for this device that is why numbers are missing. The associations only work with other zwave devices. To use buttons to control other things like Insteon you have to make programs variables etc and manually set leds with parameters. I have example using zen32 elsewhere in forums which could be applicable. Unfortunately isy programming is limited and can run into race conditions and uncertainties due to its execution options (or lack of options) where it restarts program every time is run.
  17. Current Insteon devices will never support matter natively and will require something like the Insteon hub or eisy to bridge the devices to matter. Insteon hub has built in plm. Eisy requires a plm. However, neither of these devices currently have Matter support released. Therefore if you want to play with matter devices right now and have an Insteon hub, or eisy and insteon, then the best solution is to use home assistant and use respective integrations. Home assistant can then act as a matter bridge which should work with Insteon entities via integration. This should allow you to expose Insteon to other Matter like Apple, google etc. (in case of Apple I would suggest the HomeKit Bridge integration instead of mucking about with matter) https://smarthomescene.com/guides/exposing-home-assistant-entities-as-matter-devices/
  18. There should be an option to run multiple instances of an if/then statement in a program.
  19. When I select a folder, and device in that folder, pressing top left back arrow takes me back to the root Devices and Scenes. The expected behaviour would be to go back to the previous folder. And it is not clear to click the picture of that house to go into devices. Took me a while to figure out also and I can see how people mistake it for a blank screen.
  20. Received new one from Aartech and installed last Friday. Examine old one and nice and crispy... I would like to say that installing new Fanlinc went smoothly, but had a few issues on ISY side... Could not Add the new device in UD Mobile using the Insteon ID... seems that app only support adding Insteon using linking mode, which I could not seem to do from the fanlinc, or take time to bother figuring out. Had to run downstairs and add manually using the AC. Replacing fanclinc did not work using the replace device feature... got a not responding error after a reboot of AC. I ended up having to delete it and re-add again using AC. Naming it the same as before and doing a reload of Home Assistant ISY integration and everything working as before.
  21. @BeakerIs your program in a disabled folder by any chance? If there is a condition in the folder which contains the program that is false, then you cannot even run the program manually.
  22. I was running two separate Z-Wave networks for a while. When I moved from Home Assistant I moved Z-Wave devices from my Polisy manually by first excluding and then including in Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS). Both networks worked fine but I am only talking about 40 devices in total. I had my Polisy Z-Wave still working for long time as a test, but I recently disabled the radio since is useless to me. I only use Polisy for my legacy Insteon in case anyone reading this is wondering. I am not sure what would happen if had multiple larger Z-Wave networks, but I suspect it would still work because Z-Wave is encrypted to a particular controller so the other network will just ignore, and I don't think there is too much network chatter with Z-Wave. With Zigbee you can change the channel to run multiple coordinators, but cannot after adding devices or they need to be repaired. The Zigbee channels sit in the valleys between the WiFi channels' peaks so not really an issue with interference(at least I never found one and I am using all three common 2.4Ghz WiFi channels).
  23. Heard a loud pop in middle of night woke us up. Dead FanLinc. Ordered a new one, should be in this week. This one was purchased in 2019, which was replacing a previously failed one which lasted longer, probably 8 years. I was going to look into other options for the fanlinc but not much out there and its just easier to replace this one and hopefully get another 4-5 years out of it.
  24. Updated mine using AC. No issues.
  25. No it is in admin firmware and says firmware 5.8.3 is up to date. I’ll try when at home later.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.