Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

30 minutes ago, EKauffman said:

Thanks. That could be it. My product is not listed and I can't register it because it's been registered under the previous owner of my house.

Suggest sending tech support a note and they will transfer the unit over to you. They will need the serial number.

3 hours ago, EKauffman said:

Thanks for the quick response but this doesn't solve my problem. I bought the dongle, installed the dongle, followed all instructions. Still two problems:

1. in the admin console, I do not have anything that says "z-wave" using v5.3.0 ... all the forum posts talk about it but I don't have it. My menu items are "file", "link management", "node servers", "tools", and "help" ... nothing says or has as drop-down for "z-wave"
  2. the instructions referenced say "you will need to purchase the z-wave module by going through help | purchase modules | z-wave module in the admin console". I do exactly that, but I don't have a "z-wave module" in the admin console, and when I click on "purchase modules" I go to my profile page

Something is wrong. Am I the only one who's had this challenge?

thanks!

Installing a Zwave module requires two steps: 

1. Installing the physical zwave board

2. activating the zwave module.

Go to Help/About in your Admin Console.

image.png.485a7ffeba07918e2324b4e32ab1e0ff.png

If your About does not show a zwave module, you need activate your zwave. 

From the wiki at:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Z-Wave:_Ordering/Assembly_Instructions

image.thumb.png.7542e2d3631e1e4399d3ba33addef1e8.png

Hope that helps.

Edited by Craigb
  • Like 2

Because 5.3.0 is now an official release should it show available on Help or somewhere else on the Admin Console if you are running one of the 5.X releases?

Or is it still going to require a manual upgrade?

1 hour ago, jca001 said:

Because 5.3.0 is now an official release should it show available on Help or somewhere else on the Admin Console if you are running one of the 5.X releases?

Or is it still going to require a manual upgrade?

Not at this time. Currently it's still manual since there are potential migration issues

• Like 1

I upgraded from 4.8 and for the most part I think it looks good, however I am noticing some strangeness with my programs.

I have a series of programs that are used to operate my vertical blinds that are controlled via Insteon switches, and read state from an integer variable. Initially after the upgrade they seemed to execute and read/set the state variable as expected, but they would not operate the Insteon switches.

What ended up fixing it was going through each program step and clicking 'Update', then clicking 'Save Changes'. What's interesting, is when I saved, it seemed to enumerate all the other programs and refresh the status. After that the blinds programs are working, however I haven't tested everything else yet. I am not certain at this point if I really needed to update each program step, or if it would have been enough just to save changes.

The other remaining bit of weirdness that I'm seeing is that the displayed program state, both in the Summary and Details view, does not seem to be refreshing in real time. Although it's been awhile since I was in here, I don't recall that being an issue in 4.8. In 5.3 I'm finding that the state updates correctly when I manually Run (If), but I have some programs that call other programs, etc. and the displayed status seems now to get out of whack. Things seem to be running correctly, so I think at this point it is just a display issue in the Admin Console, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

I upgraded successfully yesterday from 5.0.16C to 5.3 on an all Insteon system.  No errors or issues that I can see so far.  Many thanks to the UDI team.  Looking forward to some of the other exciting changes coming in the future.

Mark

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, Chris Jahn said:

If you are upgrading from version 5.0.10 or earlier then Devices and programs are migrated in the current version.

Is this supposed to say 5.0.10 or newer?

The way I am reading it as written, everything before 5.0.10 is good for easy program and device migration, but not the most recent betas.

I just upgraded Zwave to 500 series, Then upgraded to v5.30 had to reinstall all my z-wave devices but everything is working good now except, I lost the panel to set all the features, it only gives me set configuration parameters manually?  Do I have something wrong? Only on one of the schlage locks, the other is ok

ISYCapture.PNG

Edited by DM6937

1 hour ago, DM6937 said:

I just upgraded Zwave to 500 series, Then upgraded to v5.30 had to reinstall all my z-wave devices but everything is working good now except, I lost the panel to set all the features, it only gives me set configuration parameters manually?  Do I have something wrong? Only on one of the schlage locks, the other is ok

ISYCapture.PNG

I can't answer if you have something wrong, and I don't know how to correct it, but my AC shows an "Options" button between "Write Changes" and "Users".  Maybe you need to use the "Z-Wave | Synchronize" menu items (that's a guess...)?

3 hours ago, DM6937 said:

ISYCapture.PNG

What steps did you take from start to finish when you upgraded? What was your starting firmware

Hello.

Upgraded from 5.0.16C to 5.3.0 it looked good at first.

Not sure if it is the same BUG that @asbril reported with control vs status.

I have few programs that rely on Yale deadbolts control in "IF" portion of the program.

Unfortunately deadbolts are not available if I choose "control".

Went back to 5.0.16C and everything is working fine.

Is it a bug or could I do something to fix it?

Thanks.

Bumbershoot, I have two locks the same,  One has the options button like you mention and the other it is missing. I did try synchronize, no change.

Lilyoyo1, I started with 5.0.16C, I replaced the z-wave board, my backup of zwave was not good apparently, I found mention of backup failures if being used in programs so guess that went wrong, I only have about 6 z wave devices so was easy to just reset them and add them new.  I did first upgrade to v5.3.0 first and that went very well no problems, added back the z-wave devices and updated all the programs to account for the changes.  Everything is working great but I am missing that options button on the one lock, 

I've been using this for about 4 years and designed my own automated blinds and custom routines to automate my home so I'm probably not a newbie but this one caught me off guard.

I recently upgraded to 5.3 but have always been on the recent betas.  For some reason, I am not able to change the "On" or "On Level" values for devices (ie SwitchLinc).  I can use the On/Off buttons at the bottom to control the lights to connectivity seems to be working.  I'm trying to change my default "On Level" from 100% to 20%.  Nothing happens when I change it to 20%.  I believe in the past these changes were automatically applied without hitting a "Save" button or "Write Changes".  These changes are not persisted now.  When I changed the "On" value to a value other than 0%, the light used to turn on and now it does not.

Has anyone else noticed this?

17 minutes ago, DPearce said:

I recently upgraded to 5.3 but have always been on the recent betas.  For some reason, I am not able to change the "On" or "On Level" values for devices (ie SwitchLinc).  I can use the On/Off buttons at the bottom to control the lights to connectivity seems to be working.  I'm trying to change my default "On Level" from 100% to 20%.  Nothing happens when I change it to 20%.  I believe in the past these changes were automatically applied without hitting a "Save" button or "Write Changes".  These changes are not persisted now.  When I changed the "On" value to a value other than 0%, the light used to turn on and now it does not.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I believe this behavior changed in 5.1.0.  From the release notes:

New – Some changes to the Admin Console

o   You now have to press the button when issuing a command for a node on the device page (rather than just change a parameter for the command to automatically be submitted)

o   All commands are now shown on the device page 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I believe this behavior changed in 5.1.0.  From the release notes:

New – Some changes to the Admin Console

o   You now have to press the button when issuing a command for a node on the device page (rather than just change a parameter for the command to automatically be submitted)

o   All commands are now shown on the device page 

Thank you very much @Bumbershoot, I missed that in the release notes and it's not the most intuitive approach but it is working now!

16 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

@ExDvtchWhat version of firmware did you upgrade from?

Are you using the 500-series Z-Wave dongle (No blue LED in the rear of ISY)? Ver. 5.3 does not support the older 300-series dongle.

The only blue light on my device is the blue power button on the front.

Edit: I do have a blue LED on the back but it's not lit up.  Possibly then I need to upgrade my board?

I believe I upgraded from running 5.0.16C before this. Is that not the right number you're asking about?

Edited by ExDvtch

4 minutes ago, ExDvtch said:

The only blue light on my device is the blue power button on the front.

Edit: I do have a blue LED on the back but it's not lit up.  Possibly then I need to upgrade my board?

I believe I upgraded from running 5.0.16C before this. Is that not the right number you're asking about?

If you have the rear blue light next to Port A you do in fact have a 300 series dongle.  Go back to 5.0.16C until you upgrade it.  You can order the new board direct from UDI.

I am currently on v4.5.4 for my ISY994.   The older I get, the more I want to keep things simple and not create more work.  With saying that, it appears if I take the leap to upgrade to 5.3 it will be a crap shoot if it will require any manual intervention to make the upgrade work.   So, if I hold off for now upgrading, will the future version above 5.3 will it become more rock solid on it's upgrade process from older v4.x versions of firmware to above 5.3??