ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

41 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All, it should be fixed. Please click the button on the front once. Clear cache, use the Launcher. 

Z-Wave migration will not happen soon as we have to do S2 and Certification.

With kind regards,
Michel

The launcher is now working with the Polisy, thank you

20 minutes ago, tazman said:

I can confirm it worked for me now thanks Michel!

Really @tazman?

Not for me, I tried a manual update and nope.

Update: Cleared the cache once again and it worked.

All good, but not sure about the button.

Edited by mmb

5 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

- Fixed status reporting of Z-Wave devices (such as motion sensors, etc.)

I updated via the command line and relaunched the console without any issue. Also can confirm that Z-Wave status is now updating for my devices.

However, programs do not seem to be triggered by Z-Wave devices. A program triggered via a Z-Wave motion ('ZW Binary Sen' is switched On) works on my ISY944i but not on ISY on Polisy. 

Does anyone else have a different experience?

UPDATE:

Sorry; the programs are triggered via Z-Wave. Somehow I managed to have an if condition in the folder containing the Z-Wave programs. ?‍♂️

Thanks for the work and the New Years gift!

Cheers!

Edited by RB3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@dwengrovitz,

You need to clear the cache.

With kind regards,
Michel

I found the same version mismatch after clearing cache etc. Despite java cache clearing the version mismatch wouldn't go away. It would automatically close each time giving no ISY access.

I found my polyglot not connecting and needing new credentials. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for ISY to reboot properly yet, but I still after a few minutes I received all my rebooted notifications via SMS and email, so ISY was running.

after many retries and java cache clearing I tried SSH into polisy and...
sudo reboot
then after about 6-8 minutes, all was well again and all connected again.

How do I load the ISY Launcher? All I can ever get is the ISY Finder and the polisy Administrative Console (Which is also the ISY Finder??)  after the java cache clear deletes the ISY Launcher app.

Edited by larryllix

ISY automatically discovered at http://:localhost:8080 however the username and password need to be set in the settings menu.

Upgraded to 5.30 via admin console, auto update. All went well but now the polyglot settings user and password message keeps displaying. 

I did try the following:

sudo service mongod restart

sudo service polyglot restart

sudo service udx restart

sudo service isy restart

Then re-entered my user name and password in polyglot settings, but the message is still there.

I have opened a ticket but thought I may share this here as well.

Thanks, 

Sorry for the extra large font.

message.jpg

Issue resolved.

Edited by MBell
font size

24 minutes ago, MBell said:

ISY automatically discovered at http://:localhost:8080 however the username and password need to be set in the settings menu.

Upgraded to 5.30 via admin console, auto update. All went well but now the polyglot settings user and password message keeps displaying. 

I did try the following:

sudo service udx restart

sudo service isy restart

Then re-entered my user name and password in polyglot settings, but the message is still there.

I have opened a ticket but thought I may share this here as well.

Thanks, 

Sorry for the extra large font.

message.jpg

After performing the following a second time, the polyglot settings user name and password finally saved and the message went away:

sudo service udx restart

sudo service isy restart

Re-entered the user name and password in polyglot settings.

Issue resolved.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully set up a Zooz Zen 17 with the input trigger disabled from the relay allowing the monitoring of dry contact inputs and controlling the relay through Z-Wave only. The settings are Parameter 2 value 7 or 10 and Parameter 10 value 0. Resynchronizing should create a 'Custom Button Press node' according to the Zen manual. I never had Z-Wave on the ISY 994 so I don't know if this setup even works. Looking to replace the Insteon SimpleHomeNet EZIO8SA for garage door monitoring and control.

Thanks for any info or insight.

Gary

UPDATE: After a ZEN17 firmware update and properly removing and adding the ZEN all seems to be working great now.

Thanks Gary

Edited by garybixler

23 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Fixes:

- Network Resources actions are queued when run from programs rather than run inline
- Fixed NLS strings for formatted values in ISY events for all node servers
- Fixed NLS strings for formatted values in ISY events for nodes using encoded editors
- Fixed XML crash when doing variable substitution in Network Resources
- IPv6 not allowing regular connection
- Invalid UUID sent to the portal

<snippage>

With kind regards,
Michel

I was hoping there would be some movement on caching variable substitution values simultaneously so that old values do not get used for following NR invoked with new variable values. My quick testing showed multiple sends with old values when quick sends are done without 2-3 seconds between each.

This feature would be nice to eliminate some popcorn effects with shared NRs between multiple devices.

eg:

send NR MagicHome.setLevels
set NRb.rgb = $cHUE.RED   <----- values all changed using variable substitutions
set NRb.RGBlevel = 100
set NRb.WWlevel = 0
send NR MagicHome.setLevels  <-------- same NR used for dozens of devices

sends the old values twice instead of the new values. RED, 100%, 0%

Caching the variable substitutions at the same time as the NR invocation would resolve this, eliminating many NRs for each device, and eliminate many popcorn lighting effects.

Any progress with this?

Thanks!

I'm using my ISY on Polisy as a testbed, and reasonably good. Did the cache clear, and everything worked.

However, I'm trying to connect to an Insteon Motion Sensor II, and it is not working: "Cannot determine Insteon Engine" error message is what I get.

I'm using the Zooz 700 USB stick and the serial PLM. I guess something that could differentiate this ISY on Polisy even more, is perhaps supporting the Insteon Hub using IP. I know it works because I use it on another HA software I also play with.
Somebody asked why ISY on Polisy, as opposed to ISY994i Z-IR-Plus, and just the possibility to use it wirelessly is worth the effort. ?

Moved over to the Poly ISY and promptly lost my Portal tab.  I put in a ticket.

was able to move my PG2 and PG3 over.  Had to change a number of IP addresses in the Nodes on both the Node server and through the config in the ISY.

other than the Portal tab all is working well including a transfer to a USB Insteon modem; of course I will have to add my four ZWAVE devices.  

EXCEPT my network pushes do not seem to be working at the moment.  Anyone have any of those issues, is it because I don't have the portal and thus do not have the network module? or is that not an option anymore?

last step looking to migrate the portal and my Alexa integrations.

I as well lost both my portal access as well as network resources no longer work either after migration.

I changed the Polisy IP address after the portal was turned on but before migrating 994 over to ISY Polisy, not sure if that makes a difference.

@sjenkins  after rereading your post, my steps and outcome sound the same as yours. Except I have no Zwave.

Edited by TJF1960

14 hours ago, TJF1960 said:

I as well lost both my portal access as well as network resources no longer work either after migration.

I changed the Polisy IP address after the portal was turned on but before migrating 994 over to ISY Polisy, not sure if that makes a difference.

@sjenkins  after rereading your post, my steps and outcome sound the same as yours. Except I have no Zwave.

For my NRs, I just loaded each one, individually, and then saved them again, as if I have done an edit.  It seems they were not hooked into the main engine somehow and re-saving them did so.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Fixes:

- Network Resources actions are queued when run from programs rather than run inline
- Fixed NLS strings for formatted values in ISY events for all node servers
- Fixed NLS strings for formatted values in ISY events for nodes using encoded editors
- Fixed XML crash when doing variable substitution in Network Resources
- IPv6 not allowing regular connection
- Invalid UUID sent to the portal 

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

I can confirm that NLS Strings are now showing up correctly in the REST API (as well as UDMobile where they were broken as well). 

The XML Crash fix appears to have fixed the same crash when substituting in email notifications. Thank you!

This
  >Network Resources actions are queued when run from programs rather than run inline
raises a quick question:
Does this mean that the substitutions are fully the same as with email substitutions - processed when the event is queued? Or is the substitution still processed when the queue is processed potentially mismatching events?

2 hours ago, larryllix said:

For my NRs, I just loaded each one, individually, and then saved them again, as if I have done an edit.  It seems they were not hooked into the main engine somehow and re-saving them did so.

@larryllix, can verify that opening, updating, saving, then saving the network list works.  Looks like you have to do it for every single one, UGLY as I have many.  I'll get to that after snowplowing and hockey. :)

I put in a ticket and @Michel Kohanimgave me back my portal tab.

One more issue, if any of you in the vanguard had it.  I moved to a new USB PLM.  I did a restore but seems it is not receiving switch inputs to run my programs.  It will work fine to send programs or to send to a device.  Also, if I do a query it will update statuses.  

Should I do another restore PLM, or is there a better method?  Thanks again to the crowd and UD !!

I am noticing that with this version most of my programs are not triggering on the state change of Insteon nodes (at least):
image.png.68537bfcceb4243bb7a1116a885f5f72.png
This does not trigger anymore (used to).
This still does for local device changes:
image.png.c51701513e458dd467267e2372192c62.png

Since I need most programs to trigger for both remote and local changes to the device - this is problematic.

The issue with the program triggering appears related to something core. If I manually query a device to get a statues - then the program triggers. It just does not trigger when a device updates. It seems the ISY/Polisy is not processing organic status updates properly. @sjenkins - I think you are having the same issue with your PLM communication.

1 hour ago, sjenkins said:

One more issue, if any of you in the vanguard had it.  I moved to a new USB PLM.  I did a restore but seems it is not receiving switch inputs to run my programs.  It will work fine to send programs or to send to a device.  Also, if I do a query it will update statuses.  

I'm seeing a similar issue with switches.  I moved to a new USB PLM, and did a restore.  The ISY sees my devices and can control them manually and via programs.  The status of motion and leak sensors seems to update okay, as does the status of devices connected via node servers.  But the status doesn't seem to be updating properly for any of my Insteon switches unless I query them.  

Edited by dwengrovitz

4 hours ago, sjenkins said:

@larryllix, can verify that opening, updating, saving, then saving the network list works.  Looks like you have to do it for every single one, UGLY as I have many.  I'll get to that after snowplowing and hockey. :)

I put in a ticket and @Michel Kohanimgave me back my portal tab.

Should I do another restore PLM, or is there a better method?  Thanks again to the crowd and UD !!

As you quoted, yes. Just click on them and save them. This can also be done placing the cursor anywhere on the parameters and hit <enter>

I use about 35 WiFi bulbs that all live on 4 NRs, total. I make usage of the variable substitution to control them individually and in groups / scenes.

Edited by larryllix

4 hours ago, dwengrovitz said:

I'm seeing a similar issue with switches.  I moved to a new USB PLM, and did a restore.  The ISY sees my devices and can control them manually and via programs.  The status of motion and leak sensors seems to update okay, as does the status of devices connected via node servers.  But the status doesn't seem to be updating properly for any of my Insteon switches unless I query them.  

Seems to confirm my symptoms. Devices do not appear to have their status updated at all unless manually queried. 

In my case this does appear to be affecting zwave as well as Insteon. For instance, I turned 'Off' a HomeSeer HS-WD100+ device. I got 'DON 0' in the log - but the status stayed at '100%'. 

image.png.9e88ece618c81bec5c04e1fc80a07da2.png
image.png.0a0d0294279d3c44a7475fd7bc5723ba.png

Right/click and 'Query' - the status then changes to 0%. 

Another odd caveat - may be related.

Insteon dimmer switch. I have this program triggering condition:
image.png.19ecfe954edc25d570612bcb954ac56b.png

This used to trigger whenever the status changes. Now - it's only triggering when the status goes 'Off'. 

@Michel Kohanim

Found a small bug in V5.3.0.

Variable "Last Changed" time registered is incorrect from program changes but correct with manual changes.

$sAutoLighting.day was edited manually to -1, then 0 and shows the correct time of the change.
$sAutoLighting.night was modified by a program within the same minute and shows incorrect time. It appears to be 5 hour earlier, or still PST time?   instead of EST. Refresh does not correct.

2067403695_LastChangederror.thumb.jpg.86dea75bdf2758841802e03d137503ba.jpg

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 1

So some observations:

First, I have moved my PG2 & PG3 to point at PolyISY

restored my 994ISY to my PolyISY

restored to a new USB PLM (twice, second time reduced the number of links to 1/4)

1. my nodes show up in the network or isy listing but not on the left window

2. I lose the Poly every so often.  Not rebooting, like I lose the IP address, does not show up online on the portal.  Lose admin, ssh, PG2/3.  Recovers after a few minutes.   

3. Have been working through my networking items resaving one my one.  Seems you have to edit our touch and re-save.  Have had some success with this.

4. Have not been getting triggering on most (all?) programs.  Control was not working but status was ; just on certain switches.  I concentrated on a small two switch triggered program.  One switch would trigger the program & it was status based.  The second would not, it was control based.  I restored that switch (twice as I was making other program changes).   That one program now triggers and works as normal with control or status as the trigger.  No need for a query. 

Just observations.  I am loath to restore all of my switches individually as I have many.  

btw: I think obvious but this is all with Insteon switches.  Have not tried to add my z-wave back in yet.

Hope this helps!

On 1/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, MWareman said:

Does this mean that the substitutions are fully the same as with email substitutions - processed when the event is queued? Or is the substitution still processed when the queue is processed potentially mismatching events?

@MWareman, we had it inline before and that caused issues. So, it's back to being queued. We'll take another look once we have a little more time.

All, there was a big bug with migration which wiped out portal connectivity. You can easily fix this issue by:

1. sudo rm /var/isy/FILES/CONF/PORTALS.PSF
2. suso service isy restart

@sjenkins, something is very wrong! Are you certain you are using a good backup from before the PLM failure?

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@sjenkins, something is very wrong! Are you certain you are using a good backup from before the PLM failure?

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim, to start with there was no PLM failure I had the old style serial PLM attached to my 994.

I purchased (maybe one of the last ones) a USB PLMs for use with the Polisy.  The backup was my last working version with the 994. I certainly could spark it up and make another backup to restore to the Polisy.  Is it possible that the backup was not good?  Hard to test that without restoring it to the 994 which may be my last current good copy now.

Happy to try that as you have now shown us how to fix our own portal tab issue :) 

• Like 1