ZMatter board for Polisy available for preorder

brians

1 hour ago, asbril said:

I am with you. I realize that eisy may add expense to my setup, but my current setup works well, so I can wait with the new features till eisy, as I would get eisy one day or another anyway.

What I stll would like to know is how to migrate from Polisy to eisy and/or to the new board (if I change my mind and go for the new USB dongle, when it comes ut). Is is as simple as restoring a backup or is there an actual tool ?

Most likely it's a backup/restore situation

• Like 3
4 hours ago, asbril said:

I realize that eisy may add expense to my setup

I gotta say, after sinking untold dollars into innumerable other home automation products that have given me zero ROI, I am now at the point that I preorder everything Michel has to offer.  I'd probably send him cash for nothing if he asked for it.

He's offering to credit you if you ordered the Zooz dongle from him?  You have got to be kidding me!  I bought mine from Amazon, so I'm not eligible, but I'm not angry or jealous, I'm just...impressed.  There is no other company I can think of that respects their customers as much as this one does.

-Tom

• Like 9
1 hour ago, xlurkr said:

I gotta say, after sinking untold dollars into innumerable other home automation products that have given me zero ROI, I am now at the point that I preorder everything Michel has to offer.  I'd probably send him cash for nothing if he asked for it.

He's offering to credit you if you ordered the Zooz dongle from him?  You have got to be kidding me!  I bought mine from Amazon, so I'm not eligible, but I'm not angry or jealous, I'm just...impressed.  There is no other company I can think of that respects their customers as much as this one does.

-Tom

Just to make sure.... my comment was not a complaint and I 100% agree with you.

• Like 1

Just curious about the "Want a discount? Become a member!" tag. I don't see any actual instructions or what the discount is. I tried logging in through the ISY portal but nothing changed, and nothing in that line of text is clickable. I have a 994 pro, a polisy, and a zooz 700. Not sure what this is referring to unless it's the zooz stick discount? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious! 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, skunkiechris said:

Just curious about the "Want a discount? Become a member!" tag. I don't see any actual instructions or what the discount is. I tried logging in through the ISY portal but nothing changed, and nothing in that line of text is clickable. I have a 994 pro, a polisy, and a zooz 700. Not sure what this is referring to unless it's the zooz stick discount? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious! 

You didn't link to the specific statement so i can't be certain what you're talking about.

The only discount I'm aware of that sounds like the statement you made is for developers to help set them up to develop node servers for the isy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You didn't link to the specific statement so i can't be certain what you're talking about.

The only discount I'm aware of that sounds like the statement you made is for developers to help set them up to develop node servers for the isy

Sorry, I was referring to this line on the pre-order page:

image.thumb.png.e30ca3721a4119f64f65b3bc0f2caaca.png

12 hours ago, skunkiechris said:

I saw the same discount statement during the order. I logged in but no discount appeared. Held off completing the order to make sure I wasn't missing a cheaper price. My current charge is:  $136.12 charged upfront

On 9/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, asbril said:

You mention that it comes with enclosure, but I dont see that on Amazon

This is not what we sell. This is if you want to use it now with USB. 

On 9/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, oskrypuch said:

Will the USB version be in any way speed bumped (USB vs PCI-e), IOW should you go with the internal board in preference?

Also, will that board be ONLY available through UD directly (in which case I am out of luck), or will it be offered to distributors as well? (kind of critical for me)

Zigbee/Z-Wave run in 115200 baud. So, speed bump on the hardware interface layer has absolutely zero impact on performance. 

Yes, we would like to distribute to our Canadian distributor but we will probably have to wait for our next shipment since the preorders have pretty much wiped out our first shipment. 

On 9/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, gages97 said:

Also, will the new board provide the ability to push new firmware to Zwave devices?

Yes.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 3

i just read the marketing email of UD on the availability of the new board. After clicking on one of the links in that email I saw that a Polisy with a OS version below 13 must be updated. This appears especially to be the case if the Polisy is older than one or two years, as it is  for me.

Right now I am trying to avoid having to open my Polisy to change the board (I am not an experienced geek) and prefer to wait preferably for eisy or for the USB board, if the eisy is delayed.

Question : How can I find out what is my current OS version ? I guess I would need PutTy (which I have used a few times). 

As said, my preference is to wait for eisy, but if I decide to go for the USB board on Polisy then I may to have to go for what is written on UD's Wiki...........  Eisy where are you ?

54 minutes ago, asbril said:

Question : How can I find out what is my current OS version ? I guess I would need PutTy (which I have used a few times). 

If you have the "Upgrade Packages" button in the System Configuration tab on your ISY software, then you likely don't have to worry about it.  Clicking on the button should upgrade your Polisy to the latest/greatest and you're good to go.

Otherwise, if you log into your Polisy with PuTTY, then the command 'uname -a' should get you the information you seek.

[admin@polisy ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD polisy 13.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 releng/13.1-n250158-752f813d6ccc POLISY amd64

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

If you have the "Upgrade Packages" button in the System Configuration tab on your ISY software, then you likely don't have to worry about it.  Clicking on the button should upgrade your Polisy to the latest/greatest and you're good to go.

Otherwise, if you log into your Polisy with PuTTY, then the command 'uname -a' should get you the information you seek.

FreeBSD polisy 13.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 releng/13.1-n250158-752f813d6ccc POLISY amd64

Thanks so much.....  I do the "Upgrade Packages" about once a month, so (as you say) I should be good to go. THANKS

Edited by asbril
1 hour ago, asbril said:

Right now I am trying to avoid having to open my Polisy to change the board (I am not an experienced geek) and prefer to wait preferably for eisy or for the USB board, if the eisy is delayed.

I thought about this for a second.  If you're able to successfully install Z-Wave switches/dimmers, then you have all the skills you need to install the board.  Decent motor controls in your hands and decent eyesight are all that's likely to be required, and an ability to follow directions.  I have no doubt that this will NOT be a perilous operation.  You'll probably need a small philips screwdriver, a table, and 15 minutes of your time.  These little computers are not made of eggshells, and you won't need a soldering iron or a sledgehammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, oskrypuch said:

Oh dear!!

So we may be out of luck for any of the upgrade options. Guess, will have to wait until/if the Cdn distributors pick it up.

Of course UD shipping to Canada was almost prohibitively expensive before anyway, compared to other suppliers. Not sure why.

* Orest

The Cdn$/US$ exchange rate is terrible as well (35%).  I'll hold off for a [quite] while...

Edited by mmb
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, roberthleeii said:

When I get this board installed and my Polisy updated in November will I be able to add ZigBee devices or will that come with the Matter update at some point in the future?

i am assuming this board comes with the antenna to make the radios work?

We are trying to get some Zigbee devices supported by then. Yes, the board comes with two antennas: one for Z-Wave (yellow band on the top) and one for Zigbee (red band on the top).

With kind regards,
Michel

4 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks so much.....  I do the "Upgrade Packages" about once a month, so (as you say) I should be good to go. THANKS

4 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

@Michel Kohanim Just to be 100% sure, you agree with @Bumbershoot that using the "Upgrade Packages" should have updated my Polisy OS and therefore no need to flash or change the SD card ?

6 minutes ago, bgrubb1 said:

This got me thinking. I have a current Polisy I using as a test box, but I have one of the initial Polisy's running as a PG2 machine only. It is at 12.2

Earlier we were advised not to update via SSH but use the upgrade button

12.2 doesnt have. Is there a reccomended path to upgrade ?

...Barry

You don't have an upgrade option under help like the Isy 

Edited by lilyoyo1
19 hours ago, asbril said:

@Michel Kohanim Just to be 100% sure, you agree with @Bumbershoot that using the "Upgrade Packages" should have updated my Polisy OS and therefore no need to flash or change the SD card ?

Yes.

18 hours ago, bgrubb1 said:

12.2 doesnt have. Is there a reccomended path to upgrade ?

Please submit a ticket and we'll send you the instructions to reflash. Or, you can get a preprogrammed SSD.

With kind regards,
Michel