Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

3 hours ago, Adam Ant said:

Recently jumped in on the move  from Zooz to Zmatter.  Thought I would share some lessons I learned.  Sorry if they are obvious to others but they sure weren't for me.  

1. I had to remove the zwave devices before I could add to Zmatter.  Michael indicated that is always a best practice

2. Obviously if you remove your devices you will have to fix all your programs. The quickest way to do that is go to the Programs - Summary tab and then sort on the activity column and look for the yellow "- Not Loaded" programs.  Those are the ones you need to fix. 

3. One of my zwave devices (kwikset lock) had a pin near the QR code that I had not seen.  You must use that Pin to add the device when prompted in the AC.  You will never be able to add it even if you turn off security otherwise.  At that was my experience.  I had misunderstood the purpose of the Pin up to that point. 

4. Mobilinc does not support the zwave devices anymore after the move to zmatter.  Whereas I used to be able to have devices like a zwave lock directly on my widget screen that no longer works.   I now use a program to toggle the device and that works fine.

Hope this helps at least one person.   

I never removed my zwave devices prior to pressing the move to zmatter button. It removes all the devices for you. Then on zmatter just exclude first (which resets the device), then include. Curious how many devices you had? It took me a few hours off and on to redo my 20 devices.

Regarding Mobilinc, I think I must have purchased every version of that back in the day but with Mobilinx I did not like the subscription model and the use of it seemed to be more for the type of person that wants to setup everything from their phone, which I am not like that. Fortunately UD Mobile exists so there is an official mobile app now.

2 minutes ago, asbril said:

Follow-up :

• Will eisy come with 5.5.  as firmware ? I will find out when installing my new eisy
  • Should I upgrade my Polisy to 5.5 while continuing, for time being, using Zooz Dongle, even though the ZMatter board has been installed on my Polisy (also for time being)   ?
  • Is 5.5 now fully operational for Zwave ? I now know that 5.5 is "just" an upgrade of the firmware and of course work with ZWave as before. The pending issue is the migration from the Zooz dongle to the ZMater board.
  • What is the best procedure to perform the 5.5. upgrade (AC or  on Polisy)  ? It  was extremly easy. I just clicked on Upgrade Pckages on the Admin. Console Configuration tab.

Asbril, I have been thinking that it would be good time spent over Xmas for you to press the Move to ZMatter button and manually redo all your 80+ devices again ;)

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, brians said:

Asbril, I have been thinking that it would be good time spent over Xmas for you to press the Move to ZMatter button and manually redo all your 80+ devices again ;)

Not a good idea :-).......  I have faith in UD in finalizing the migration tool. 

Excluding, including, re-doing my programs is NOT my favorite holiday activity.

But your concern for my holiday boredom is appreciated :-) 

What I WILL do is to remove the ZMatter board from my Polisy and putting it in the enclosure that I received today.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 1
On 12/17/2022 at 3:46 PM, Techman said:

@Chris Jahn

I sent in a couple of support tickets but they bounced back. Not sure if you received them.  Here's the contents:

1.  Zwave devices are showing up as ZY rather than ZW

2.  Polisy  5.5.0 with current package updates,  Zmatter board, Multisensor 6

When the motion sensor node is triggered, its status is correctly shown in the level 3 event log and in the Polisy status window. However, neither the level 3 event log nor the Polisy status window shows the motion off status which occurs 4 minutes after motion detection. 

The sensor motion display was correctly working with the Zmatter board and the previous Polisy firmware

Same here - @Chris Jahn - motion triggered, but did not go back to OFF on motion.

I have the benefit of having a few of these Aeotec sensors, and added 1 to new Polsy + Zmatter, and ISY + ZW700 (current production).  Looks like discovered nodes are also pretty different.   One is battery, the other USB - not sure that matters.  Also the ZMatter reporting in Celsius - (so far I have 2 devices associated) - cannot find a parameter to change that ... (shrug).

ISY+ZW700 (battery powered)

image.png.4b483d1ef556e3db1f9604a6e2c01d6a.png

Polisy+ZMatter (usb powered)

image.png.4881324d3e73ec303cba389b0b6c60bf.png

Edited by SteveT

@SteveT

When you import your Zwave devices into the Zmatter card they will appear in the Polisy as ZY, that's by design per support.

They are trying to reproduce the issue with the Multisensor 6. I also noticed that I'm unable to write any configuration changes to the Multisensor 6

My MS6 is also showing Celsius rather than Fahrenheit and I'm unable to change it, so there's definitely a communication issue between the Zmatter card and some Zwave devices.

The problem started with the 5.5.0 firmware. Hopefully there will be a firmware update in the near future.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Techman said:

@SteveT

When you import your Zwave devices into the Zmatter card they will appear in the Polisy as ZY, that's by design per support.

They are trying to reproduce the issue with the Multisensor 6. I also noticed that I'm unable to write any configuration changes to the Multisensor 6

My MS6 is also showing Celsius rather than Fahrenheit and I'm unable to change it, so there's definitely a communication issue between the Zmatter card and some Zwave devices.

The problem started with the 5.5.0 firmware. Hopefully there will be a firmware update in the near future.

yup- Also an issue with the node discovery.  I remember this in the early 300/700 Zwave days - was hoping it was not the same pain w/new h/w - oh well.

My other sensor is an aeotec water sensor - so its definitely C vs F across the board.

My eisy just shipped (yaaa!) but the USB Z-Matter hasn't yet.  I see talk of the Zooz 700 stick will work with the eisy but if I build using the Zooz stick will that be a simple migration to the USB Z-Matter when I receive it?  I've also seen the talk of Z-Wave migration issues.  Should I just wait until I receive my Z-Matter USB and/or the migration problems are resolved or plug in my Zooz stick and either start migrating or creating a new build?  I've got about ~30 Z-Wave nodes on my 994i that'll be moved to my eisy.  What commendations/thoughts can anyone offer?  Thanks.     -Grant

Hey All, 

Is anyone having issues with setting parameters with the Zmatter card?  I have a Zooz ZSE40 700 4-in-1 sensor and I can't get any of the parameters to take. Are the parameters global or are they specific to to each node? The sensor device is in Celsius, which I could live with (even though the factory default is in F), but I want to adjust the sensitivity with some of the other parameters to have it report more frequently since I use this sensor as a thermostat. Everything was working fine on the Zooz 700 stick. 

I also have an August ZW lock.  When I add it to zmatter, there is no node that is created even though the logs state it was added successfully.  

I'm about to revert back to the Zooz 700 stick. I was just wondering if anyone had successes to share. 

Thanks! 

-Alex 

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 9.29.37 PM.png

On 12/22/2022 at 8:00 AM, asbril said:

Will eisy come with 5.5.  as firmware ?

Yes. It does. Can confirm after setting mine up today. 

7 hours ago, asbril said:

What is the best procedure to perform the 5.5. upgrade (AC or  on Polisy)  ? It  was extremly easy. I just clicked on Upgrade Pckages on the Admin. Console Configuration tab.

You had good experience with that upgrade. I had to go a more brute force approach, but got it upgraded without much fanfare. Thanks to @Beaker for his thread that @Michel Kohanim posted steps that resolved my issue. 👍

• Like 1
3 hours ago, greensuit said:

Hey All, 

Is anyone having issues with setting parameters with the Zmatter card?  I have a Zooz ZSE40 700 4-in-1 sensor and I can't get any of the parameters to take. Are the parameters global or are they specific to to each node? The sensor device is in Celsius, which I could live with (even though the factory default is in F), but I want to adjust the sensitivity with some of the other parameters to have it report more frequently since I use this sensor as a thermostat. Everything was working fine on the Zooz 700 stick. 

I also have an August ZW lock.  When I add it to zmatter, there is no node that is created even though the logs state it was added successfully.  

I'm about to revert back to the Zooz 700 stick. I was just wondering if anyone had successes to share. 

Thanks! 

-Alex 

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 9.29.37 PM.png

I have a Zen17 in my garage that worked fine on the Zooz dongle. With ZMatter it doesn't seem to be able to change the parameters and I want to set it up as a door open/close sensor... eg. parameter 2 and 3 (for relays 1 and 2) set to a value of 7, then exclude/include the device and extra nodes should appear. None of the other parameters seem to work either eg. isolating relay from the sensor... it actually doesn't appear to show all the nodes anyways and just shows two binary switches but normally should have the switches separate from the inputs. I have done this many times with the Polisy and Zooz. On ZMatter I am including with no S2 selected... the Zen17 is way up high and I can't access the code right now, but am able to press its button to include/exclude.

I have garage door sensor on switch 1, and button hooked to switch 2. As a workaround for now I made a program to turn off the switch 2 after a second to simulate momentary. I had placed them on separate relays just in case when I originally installed. Normally the sensor is isolated from relay and it shows up as an actual door with open/close when parameter 2/3 is set to 7. Now this doesn't work and it is an on/off binary switch and it is kinda backwards - on=door closed. I mainly use it for an alert if garage door is open for too long and also ability to control with ISY if needed. I have a cheap homekit sensor that I use wired in parallel anyways that I use quite often with Siri which is separate from ISY - I could not find a good way to make garage door appear in homekit via homebridge other than original Insteon IOLinc (which die of course). 

Edited by brians
10 hours ago, greensuit said:

I was just wondering if anyone had successes to share. 

I can't claim much success, because I've only changed parameters on one device, but it worked.  I have a couple of Enbrighten Z-Wave In-Wall Motion Switches (500 series chips).  I have one of these set to Manual mode for the motion sensor, as I use the motion event to control lights other than those connected to the load.  You can change the mode for motion by removing the switch plate and initiating a series of button presses, but I found that by setting parameter 3 to a value of 1 also did the trick.

Not all is well with the switch, however.  Using ZMatter, the device interview never completes, and the motion event isn't handled, so it's not available in programs.  This is a general problem on my installation as 9 devices interviews don't complete (including device 1), against 10 that do (Z-Wave | Z-Wave X-Ray | DH All Devices)

Devices list:
  1 Interview Not done
  2 Interview done
  4 Interview Not done
  6 Interview done
  7 Interview done
  8 Interview done
  9 Interview Not done
 12 Interview Not done
 13 Interview Not done
 14 Interview done
 15 Interview done
 18 Interview Not done
 19 Interview Not done
 20 Interview done
 23 Interview done
 24 Interview done
 25 Interview done
 26 Interview Not done
 27 Interview Not done

Edited by Bumbershoot
17 hours ago, greensuit said:

Hey All, 

Thanks! 

-Alex 

Curious, @greensuit, how are you going to revert from the ZMatter board back to ZWave USB stick?  Have been searching for the procedure.  Thanks.  

17 hours ago, Techman said:

@greensuit

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the Zmatter card not being able to set parameters and device status not updating. UD is aware of this and is hopefully coming out with a firmware update.

@Chris Jahn Any progress on these issues?

We've been working on migration (from Zooz or ISY-994 500 series backup), making sure all sensor values are reported, and a few smaller bugs.  These fixes will be available in build next week. 

We're still working on problems with setting parameters, and some button / sensor detection issues.

8 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

I can't claim much success, because I've only changed parameters on one device, but it worked.  I have a couple of Enbrighten Z-Wave In-Wall Motion Switches (500 series chips).  I have one of these set to Manual mode for the motion sensor, as I use the motion event to control lights other than those connected to the load.  You can change the mode for motion by removing the switch plate and initiating a series of button presses, but I found that by setting parameter 3 to a value of 1 also did the trick.

Not all is well with the switch, however.  Using ZMatter, the device interview never completes, and the motion event isn't handled, so it's not available in programs.  This is a general problem on my installation as 9 devices interviews don't complete (including device 1), against 10 that do (Z-Wave | Z-Wave X-Ray | DH All Devices)

Devices list:
  1 Interview Not done
  2 Interview done
  4 Interview Not done
  6 Interview done
  7 Interview done
  8 Interview done
  9 Interview Not done
 12 Interview Not done
 13 Interview Not done
 14 Interview done
 15 Interview done
 18 Interview Not done
 19 Interview Not done
 20 Interview done
 23 Interview done
 24 Interview done
 25 Interview done
 26 Interview Not done
 27 Interview Not done

We are now looking at issues with setting parameters and button / sensor detection. 

Generally speaking, a persistent "Interview Not Done" is likely an issue with the device itself not conforming to the Z-Wave specifications.   If it happens, there may be some (non-conforming) functionality in the device that cannot be used.

One thing to keep in mind is the library we are using is very strict because of the need to be Z-Wave Plus V2 certified which adds a lot of rules that must be followed.  This is one of the reasons you may be seeing "Interview Not Done" for some of your devices.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, SteveT said:

Same here - @Chris Jahn - motion triggered, but did not go back to OFF on motion.

I have the benefit of having a few of these Aeotec sensors, and added 1 to new Polsy + Zmatter, and ISY + ZW700 (current production).  Looks like discovered nodes are also pretty different.   One is battery, the other USB - not sure that matters.  Also the ZMatter reporting in Celsius - (so far I have 2 devices associated) - cannot find a parameter to change that ... (shrug).

ISY+ZW700 (battery powered)

image.png.4b483d1ef556e3db1f9604a6e2c01d6a.png

Polisy+ZMatter (usb powered)

image.png.4881324d3e73ec303cba389b0b6c60bf.png

I'd have to take a closer look at this, but we have noticed here that AeoTec sensors often do not advertise the full set of sensors it actually seems to support. I'm not sure yet, but we may be able to add support for some custom device settings to get around this.

New to the forum, upgraded to V5.5 just fine. zooz stick was working fine ...

migrated to zmatter and the zwave devices are gone as expected.

When I try to include a AEOS 700 Repeater I get the security screen. I select none and does a quick popup that its reading something and then quits. no devices get added. Tried restarting the console nothing. did this three times.

ideas?

22 minutes ago, JMcKain said:

New to the forum, upgraded to V5.5 just fine. zooz stick was working fine ...

migrated to zmatter and the zwave devices are gone as expected.

When I try to include a AEOS 700 Repeater I get the security screen. I select none and does a quick popup that its reading something and then quits. no devices get added. Tried restarting the console nothing. did this three times.

ideas?

I think this is a known issue:

31 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

I'd have to take a closer look at this, but we have noticed here that AeoTec sensors often do not advertise the full set of sensors it actually seems to support. I'm not sure yet, but we may be able to add support for some custom device settings to get around this.

Thanks - hopefully you can leverage what is already working on the ISY zwave board (500)?

Happy Holidays.

@Chris Jahnyes, seems to be device-specific.

I have both Aeontec Multisensor 6 and Door/Window sensor 6 and an older, version 2 Energy Sensor.

All say they completed the interview and all have new ISY nodes showing.

1. For the multisensor 6: I can successfully set parameters. If I want to use a "control" in programs, the motion sensor node will trigger it. If I want to use "status" in programs, I need to use the Home Security Alarm node.

2. For the Door/Window sensor: It does not respond to parameter set or query commands. The battery level and the Wakeup and Keep Awake seem to work but the sensor will not provide any useful control or status to programs.

EDIT: For the door/window sensor - If I include the device securely (press the button 2x quickly when including, the device does respond to parameter query and change BUT, it will still not trigger programs or show status changes in the AC.

3. For the V2 Energy Meter: It seems to accept query and change parameter requests but the values displayed on the 2 nodes always contain the same values: Total Energy, Current Power, Current Voltage, Current Current. The status of these values does seem to trigger programs properly.

You stated that the strict library that you are using is being mandated by your Z-Wave Plus certification requirements. Does this mean that we should plan on replacing all of the old non-conforming Z-Wave devices or will there be some type of future switch allowing us to run these non-conforming devices?

Edited by gviliunas
56 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

@Chris Jahnyes, seems to be device-specific.

I have both Aeontec Multisensor 6 and Door/Window sensor 6 and an older, version 2 Energy Sensor.

All say they completed the interview and all have new ISY nodes showing.

1. For the multisensor 6: I can successfully set parameters. If I want to use a "control" in programs, the motion sensor node will trigger it. If I want to use "status" in programs, I need to use the Home Security Alarm node.

2. For the Door/Window sensor: It does not respond to parameter set or query commands. The battery level and the Wakeup and Keep Awake seem to work but the sensor will not provide any useful control or status to programs.

EDIT: For the door/window sensor - If I include the device securely (press the button 2x quickly when including, the device does respond to parameter query and change BUT, it will still not trigger programs or show status changes in the AC.

3. For the V2 Energy Meter: It seems to accept query and change parameter requests but the values displayed on the 2 nodes always contain the same values: Total Energy, Current Power, Current Voltage, Current Current. The status of these values does seem to trigger programs properly.

You stated that the strict library that you are using is being mandated by your Z-Wave Plus certification requirements. Does this mean that we should plan on replacing all of the old non-conforming Z-Wave devices or will there be some type of future switch allowing us to run these non-conforming devices?

We are currently working on detecting all on/off type sensors, not just the ones defined by the device.  We are also looking at the issue with setting parameters.

S0/S2 should cause no loss of functionality for the device (in fact it often increases it for things such as door locks).

You shouldn't have to replace your old devices, and hopefully even with or without some level of customization (detect button press, etc.) they will remain useful for you.

We'll try to recreate the issue you are having with the V2 Energy Meter

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

AeoTec sensors often do not advertise the full set of sensors it actually seems to support.

While not specific to this conversation, this is my Aeotec Temperature and Humidity Sensor ZWA039 on Polisy using FW 5.4.5.   I use Zooz Zwave and Insteon USB sticks on this test configuration.

I was actually surprised it see all the additional sensors.  Parameter setting is working fine especially F -> C for use in Canada as well as the wake interval.

The multisensor controls a GE zwave relay to turn off/on a heater to keep the temperature slightly above 0C.  Worked great through our two week deep freeze period of -30C to -35C.

Aeotec2.PNG.1c54a1e93205ccf9b64058fa1932a001.PNGAeotec1.PNG.80708fe6ec8facc440c9a576b231bfe3.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.547f64b6bcc09e0efd946a56b74e41fb.PNG

Edited by mmb