Support thread: IoX 5.5.6 Release

Chris Jahn

6 minutes ago, garybixler said:

Got through the upgrade from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6 on the eisy with a few reboots. While the AC was open and 4 hrs. later I get the message "Event received for a different subscription restart" and the eisy rebooted.  Any ideas what this may be about?

Thanks

I received that same message along with repeated notices that there was an update available.

After several attempts to upgrade and several reboots, I got the message you received to stop coming up.

I'm still getting the notice about an upgrade being available, but UD told me to ignore it for now.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, asbril said:

I upgraded yesterday to 5.5.6 and this afternoon when opening the AC there was a message that there were new updates. I clicked on the Upgrade Packages. Now my eisy no longer shows in the IoX launcher. However eisy does work as I can control it through ISY Portal -ISY Web Access and the ISY Integration  also works with Home Assistant.

I cleared Java and downloaded "start" again, but no luck..... Nothing in the IoX launcher. BTW PG3 does work.

Just add the IP in manually into the IoX Finder... I find it unreliable at times.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, brians said:

Just add the IP in manually into the IoX Finder.

That did not work. Michel told me to press eisy button 5 times and that did it., though about an hour for all my Zwave devices to come back.

Michel remote confirmed that update was complete, but I still get a message that I need to update. I will ignore that message for the time being.

Edited by asbril
11 minutes ago, stevesreed said:

Are your goControls reporting the battery status of the sensor? The open/close is working great now, but the battery status is still missing for me. I re-ran the interview, but it did not help.

FWIW, I’ve never seen battery status, on Z-Wave 300, 500, 700 or Zmatter.  I change them once a year, same as smoke alarm batteries.  No issues so far.  

@Chris Jahn Just noticed since 5.5.6 my Yale Assure Z-Wave lock no longer automatically updates status when manually locked either turning lock or by keypad....worked fine before. Updates status only when unlocked manually, unlocked by keypad, but not locked by keypad, or when turning the lock manually. A manual query gets correct status after lock.

Edit: opened a ticket.

Edited by brians
opened ticket

I've updated and migrated my home polisy/5.5.0/pg3_3.1.17/zooz_zst10 to 5.5.6/pg3_3.1.17/ZMatter. After manually initiating an update and interview for each of my zwave devices they all seem to be working. But, the polisy keeps rebooting itself. The time between reboots seems to varying from around 15 minutes to 60 minutes. PG3 is reporting that 3.1.18 is available, but the AC update does not cause 3.1.18 to be installed (or at least it is not being reported as installed in the web browser)

sudo pkg info udx reports 3.3.6_3

sudo pkg info isy reports 5.5.6

sudo pkg info pg3 reports 3.1.17_1

Edited by wmcneil
add reported versions
14 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

I've updated and migrated my home polisy/5.5.0/pg3_3.1.17/zooz_zst10 to 5.5.6/pg3_3.1.17/ZMatter. After manually initiating an update and interview for each of my zwave devices they all seem to be working. But, the polisy keeps rebooting itself. The time between reboots seems to varying from around 15 minutes to 60 minutes. PG3 is reporting that 3.1.18 is available, but the AC update does not cause 3.1.18 to be installed (or at least it is not being reported as installed in the web browser)

sudo pkg info udx reports 3.3.6_3

sudo pkg info isy reports 5.5.6

sudo pkg info pg3 reports 3.1.17_1

I opened a ticket. Michel responded and stated that this is a known issue and a fix is hoped for by tomorrow.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2023 at 9:05 PM, Bumbershoot said:

FWIW, I’ve never seen battery status, on Z-Wave 300, 500, 700 or Zmatter.  I change them once a year, same as smoke alarm batteries.  No issues so far.  

I had a program than monitored the batteries on the old ISY994 with the 500 board, otherwise I would not be sure; it was there ;) I think it is part of part one of the sub nodes, but nothing is showing now.

They do last a long time, so I won't worry about it much. Getting the status back makes was the many issue for me.

1 hour ago, stevesreed said:

I had a program than monitored the batteries on the old ISY994 with the 500 board, otherwise I would not be sure; it was there ;) I think it is part of part one of the sub nodes, but nothing is showing now.

They do last a long time, so I won't worry about it much. Getting the status back makes was the many issue for me.

Yeah the stats are nice to have so I can send a notification when batteries are low on such devices.

TRI0N

On 2/14/2023 at 7:08 PM, brians said:

Just add the IP in manually into the IoX Finder... I find it unreliable at times.

Two cents on this:  

1) for IoX Launcher, after you have added all the routes you may want (http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080, https://my.isy.io/isy/xxxxxxx, and https://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8443), then save it to an easy location.. Any time they dont come up, just hit load and choose the file you saved,

2) Avoid all of the above by going to http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080/admin.jnlp in your browser and a file will download that will immediately take you to your isy w/o having to rely on anything els.

(all xx's are your local ip address for your IoX.)

• Like 1

My upgrade from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6 experience on IoX Polisy

-Loaded AC and clicked on upgrade packages. Polisy acted as expected.. beeps, etc, unplugged and restarted it.

-Loaded AC and found none of my PG3 nodes were connecting. Also I could not locally connect to PG3. It was unresponsive. Pg2 however was working just fine.

-Unplugged Polisy, let it reboot. Still no PG3

-Loaded AC again and hit upgrade packages a SECOND TIME. Never heard any beeps etc, however after a delay PG3 was working again. Ecobee NS had to be manually restarted. ST inventory would not connect to AC. Reloaded AC, after a delay,  everything is working just as expected. 

Now on 5.5.6 and all NS running.

• Like 1

Been running 5.5.6 for many days now with no issues. Just discovered that I could not log into PG3x. Logged into eisy and saw the message about upgraded packages available for your system so I did the Upgrade Packages. Still was unable to log into PG3x and eisy didn't reboot. Tried a system hard shutdown (6 button push) but that did not work. Had to do a power off/on reboot and now all is good again.

3 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

My upgrade from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6 experience on IoX Polisy

-Loaded AC and clicked on upgrade packages. Polisy acted as expected.. beeps, etc, unplugged and restarted it.

-Loaded AC and found none of my PG3 nodes were connecting. Also I could not locally connect to PG3. It was unresponsive. Pg2 however was working just fine.

-Unplugged Polisy, let it reboot. Still no PG3

-Loaded AC again and hit upgrade packages a SECOND TIME. Never heard any beeps etc, however after a delay PG3 was working again. Ecobee NS had to be manually restarted. ST inventory would not connect to AC. Reloaded AC, after a delay,  everything is working just as expected. 

Now on 5.5.6 and all NS running.

May have spoke too soon. Since that last post, the IoX has rebooted 3 times. All three times I have been experimenting with the File / Themes / Theme size option. Each time I change it, it asks me to quit the AC. Per earlier posts, I was careful to only quit the AC via the File / Exit command versus Command Q (on Mac). However upon restarting the AC, all nodes were empty, as the IoX was going through a start up process. After 10 minutes, all is running again. 

Strange. Not sure what triggered the reboots; The quitting of the AC or the change of the theme size. 

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

May have spoke too soon. Since that last post, the IoX has rebooted 3 times. All three times I have been experimenting with the File / Themes / Theme size option. Each time I change it, it asks me to quit the AC. Per earlier posts, I was careful to only quit the AC via the File / Exit command versus Command Q (on Mac). However upon restarting the AC, all nodes were empty, as the IoX was going through a start up process. After 10 minutes, all is running again. 

Strange. Not sure what triggered the reboots; The quitting of the AC or the change of the theme size. 

Cheers.

Yes this was an issue that @macjeffreported and I realized I was having same issue. He worked lots with support to get resolved past few days and I believe is now resolved. 5.5.7 fixes (not announced yet).

FYI, the reason for reboot is if any subscribed/connected app quits not gracefully it will restart AC. Programs like UD Mobile force quit, AC force quit, HomeBridge restart etc. all caused.

Edited by brians
4 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

Cheers.

I have been working with UD on random reboots running v5.5.6. They indicated this afternoon that they identified the problem and are close to issuing a fix.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I have been working with UD on random reboots running v5.5.6. They indicated this afternoon that they identified the problem and are close to issuing a fix.

Michel told me was gonna be release today, got tired of waiting for offical announcement (cuz I'm impatient) so though I just did an update and got 5.5.7 which seems to fix this now... tested rebooting buncha things and AC stays up :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, brians said:

Michel told me was gonna be release today, got tired of waiting for offical announcement (cuz I'm impatient) so though I just did an update and got 5.5.7 which seems to fix this now... tested rebooting buncha things and AC stays up :)

What method did you use to update? I looked in the mobile app and see 5.5.6  available for my eisy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, leecast said:

What method did you use to update? I looked in the mobile app and see 5.5.6  available for my eisy.

I would wait for official announcement, don't want to give any instructions that will break it, but it is same as before basically with maybe a reboot :)

Edited by brians
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, brians said:

Yes this was an issue that @macjeffreported and I realized I was having same issue. He worked lots with support to get resolved past few days and I believe is now resolved. 5.5.7 fixes (not announced yet).

FYI, the reason for reboot is if any subscribed/connected app quits not gracefully it will restart AC. Programs like UD Mobile force quit, AC force quit, HomeBridge restart etc. all caused.

even something as simple as pulling the network cable for a minute or so would crash it.  If anything was connected and it dropped connection (sometimes it would be the second drop) then it would restart ISY.  

I am on beta and its fine.  I have not tried the official 5.5.7 yet.  And with all the issues last weekend, I will wait until Monday most likely. 

• Like 1