Support thread: IoX 5.5.7 Release

Chris Jahn

Upgrade went well for me (on Polisy) but I can't get the local version of admin console to update.  Tried accessing with existing start.jnlp, with going through UD site My ISY and using http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080/admin.jnlp and each method fails with mismatch between ISY Firmware (5.5.7) and admin console (5.5.6).  I can access AC by choosing cloud.

Here's the dialog I get.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

image.png.90e20e334dd33af3dc03ff34d8acaf17.png

Just now, joeria said:

Upgrade went well for me (on Polisy) but I can't get the local version of admin console to update.  Tried accessing with existing start.jnlp, with going through UD site My ISY and using http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080/admin.jnlp and each method fails with mismatch between ISY Firmware (5.5.7) and admin console (5.5.6).  I can access AC by choosing cloud.

Here's the dialog I get.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!image.png.90e20e334dd33af3dc03ff34d8acaf17.png

Clear your Java cache.   Then use the start Java app to get a new version of everything and it should be fine after that.  
You have to do this every time the ISY is updated from now on so that admin console up to date to match. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, garybixler said:

I got this message again while AC was open. Didn't do a restart but closed and reopened the AC. Seems OK for now. This just started in the last few days.

Are you using any mobile apps and have a lot of node servers installed? 

Do you get this soon after a reboot/restart or randomly?

It’s possible there are a lot of things trying to connect at once and limiting the subscriptions connecting to the ISY/IoX process.  

There was a URL given recently to check, but I forget what it was in relation to. I think @MrBill referenced the URL.  (Sorry mobile at the moment so unable to search forums to look for it) 

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, garybixler said:

I got this message again while AC was open. Didn't do a restart but closed and reopened the AC. Seems OK for now. This just started in the last few days.

eisy 5.5.7

Capture.PNG

This was a known issue on 5.5.6

of course if you upgraded while the admin console is open you will get this.  Once on 5.5.7 it should not happen.  

if it does I would open a ticket.  As just mentioned it has to do with the amount of connections and traffic.  I was able to reproduce by just disconnecting a network cable.  I can’t make mine do it anymore.  

also if you have not done a total reboot of EISY and update packages a second time please do.   I know on polisy that was needed.  

• Thanks 1

I have the UD Mobil app but haven't used it for quite awhile. 14 Node Servers. This mostly occurs randomly. Was also getting the 'package update available for your system' after bringing up the AC. So far I did another package update and cleared Java. Will need to see if anything made a difference.

The  package update messages after bringing up the AC seemed to have stopped after doing the package update. Maybe a connection?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, garybixler said:

I have the UD Mobil app but haven't used it for quite awhile. 14 Node Servers. This mostly occurs randomly. Was also getting the 'package update available for your system' after bringing up the AC. So far I did another package update and cleared Java. Will need to see if anything made a difference.

The  package update messages after bringing up the AC seemed to have stopped after doing the package update. Maybe a connection?

Thanks

I’m thinking that one of your solutions pf clearing Java cash and rebooting hopefully cleared it.  Please update here if no issues by tomorrow.  

Hoping that’s all it was  

16 minutes ago, garybixler said:

14 Node Servers

I believe there is a 10 sub limit.  It’s possible some node servers aren’t releasing correctly and you get the error.  They should eventually clear, but it can happen if you’re keeping admin console open a while. It can also happen after a reboot as nodes try to update and push data to IoX.  

Next time you get it (or just to check) see what you get using this URL: 

http://IP.of.the.ISY:8080/rest/subscriptions 

Make sure you use your device IP.  

I think updates would have resolved other issues, but not the subscription issue.  

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Geddy said:

I believe there is a 10 sub limit.  It’s possible some node servers aren’t releasing correctly and you get the error.  They should eventually clear, but it can happen if you’re keeping admin console open a while. It can also happen after a reboot as nodes try to update and push data to IoX.  

Next time you get it (or just to check) see what you get using this URL: 

http://IP.of.the.ISY:8080/rest/subscriptions 

Make sure you use your device IP.  

I think updates would have resolved other issues, but not the subscription issue.  

Is this with EISY?   I have 100 slots on Polisy and over 25 installable and running fine. Michel saw all mine yesterday and never said a word about a limit.  

After doing a of packages to 5.7 on eisy the Upgrade packages message is still coming up with I log in via computer.  Even after unplugging the eisy, it still comes up after reboot.  

Also is there any quick way to know when it is time to unplug and the update is complete without going thru SSH or a min amount of time required to know when done?

IMG_7395.jpg

I performed an upgrade from IoX 5.5.5 to 5.5.7 today. After the upgrade, everything works except my Node Servers (Acurite, Hue, and Ping). My assumption was that they need to be restarted as has happened on other package upgrades.

However, I am unable to login on the PG3 page from either the Finder or the Console. I have tried multiple browsers (Edge and Chrome) in both standard and private modes with no success. I have cleared the browser cache. I have rebooted and cycled the power on the EISY. I have verified my login credentials. I have upgraded packages 3 times.

Repro:

• Select Polyglot V3 from either the Finder or Console
  • Provide login credentials on the Polyglot Login page
  • Expected behavior: Login accepeted and Polyglot V3 home page should be rendered
  • Observed behavior: Polyglot remains on login page with no activity

Anyone have any guidance?

2023-02-18_14-03-09.jpg

Edited by DavidV
1 hour ago, DennisC said:

I believe he is speaking about 10 concurrent subscriptions, not number of node servers.

Correct! 

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

Sorry. so many post today I just misread it

Yep. the issue that @garybixler posted was a "subscription" issue probably had nothing to do with updates. 

If you followed the URL posted previously (http://ip.of.the.isy:8080/rest/subscriptions) then the result is the .xml for what is using the subscription slots. There have been many posts about there being a limit for simultaneous connections. Typically Portal will always occupy one slot. Others might be node servers, other mobile apps using port forward, and then there's admin console (if local). 

It's usually a random occurrence, but @garybixler implied that it's been happening more recently. If it continues to happen try to narrow down when it happens and open a support ticket. It shouldn't be happening often. 

20 minutes ago, DavidV said:

However, I am unable to login on the PG3 page from either the Finder or the Console. I have tried multiple browsers (Edge and Chrome) in both standard and private modes with no success. I have cleared the browser cache. I have rebooted and cycled the power on the EISY. I have verified my login credentials. I have upgraded package 3 times.

@DavidV I had similar issue with this update. Surprised reboot/power cycle hasn't corrected the problem. I actually was attempting to use the power button to shut down (6 button presses), it wouldn't turn off. I finally pulled the power, waited ~10 seconds, plugged back in. It came up and was able to log in. 

The one thing that was strange (even after power cycle) was that I was not prompted to sign into ISY Portal that usually occurs first time I try to log in (after logging out). I experienced the problem last night, but nodes seemed to be running so I didn't need to be in there to update/change anything so left it until I could work on it today (just now). When I tried to log in I got a yellow(ish) alert in the lower left that the portal token had expired, but still when I hit login I was not prompted for ISY Portal login. So I did not expect to be able to log in. And I couldn't.

I believe that @bpwwer mentioned this either means that UDX isn't running or there's an error relying on it somehow. The best thing then would be to open a support ticket because he cannot debug UDX issues.

So if the steps you've taken didn't allow you to log in then open a ticket - https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

22 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Correct! 

Yep. the issue that @garybixler posted was a "subscription" issue probably had nothing to do with updates. 

If you followed the URL posted previously (http://ip.of.the.isy:8080/rest/subscriptions) then the result is the .xml for what is using the subscription slots. There have been many posts about there being a limit for simultaneous connections. Typically Portal will always occupy one slot. Others might be node servers, other mobile apps using port forward, and then there's admin console (if local). 

@DavidV

I'm getting it also, sometimes frequently. I had reported this to UD on v5.5.6 and now it is happening on v5.5.7.

I owe UD a report on .y testing of a bunch of issues on 5.5.7, so I will pass this on to them.

Edited by DennisC
  • Thanks 1

@Geddy - Thank you for the insights. After the last package update (#4) and a reboot, my nodes partially came back but the node server is showing as disconnected and still unable to login. Thanks for the link to create a support ticket.. will do now.

- David

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DavidV said:

@Geddy - Thank you for the insights. After the last package update (#4) and a reboot, my nodes partially came back but the node server is showing as disconnected and still unable to login. Thanks for the link to create a support ticket.. will do now.

- David

One node server or PG3? If PG3, try power cycling the system one more time. After shutdown pull the plug for a minute.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richtimpa said:

Also is there any quick way to know when it is time to unplug and the update is complete without going thru SSH or a min amount of time required to know when done?

It's odd that it continues to come up. And no, there's no "set"/known amount of time to allow. I remember @Javi suggesting as much as 30 minutes in the early release days of the eisy. Hopefully it's not that long now, but could be at times. Thankfully, I usually perform updates when the system isn't needed so I can work on something else and come back to it. 

I think others had reported this window, and I know I saw it after the first update process (I think it was on 5.5.6 though...for me at least). If you still have it then be sure you clear you Java cache too just to be certain. 

Since there aren't lots of posts of issues with the 5.5.7 update I think a lot are finding it worked well...or just haven't tried it yet.

If you continue to get it then you might want to open a support ticket to get help and give feedback directly to UDI about this issue. Ticket link:  https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

7 minutes ago, Geddy said:

It's odd that it continues to come up. And no, there's no "set"/known amount of time to allow. I remember @Javi suggesting as much as 30 minutes in the early release days of the eisy. Hopefully it's not that long now, but could be at times. Thankfully, I usually perform updates when the system isn't needed so I can work on something else and come back to it. 

I think others had reported this window, and I know I saw it after the first update process (I think it was on 5.5.6 though...for me at least). If you still have it then be sure you clear you Java cache too just to be certain. 

Since there aren't lots of posts of issues with the 5.5.7 update I think a lot are finding it worked well...or just haven't tried it yet.

If you continue to get it then you might want to open a support ticket to get help and give feedback directly to UDI about this issue. Ticket link:  https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

If not updating from UD Mobile wait 30 min.  UD Mobile will check the upgrade status as soon as the system comes back online, as the system may be online but upgrade not compete. UD Mobile also suggest reboot if system doesn't come back online.

Alternatively you could check /desc update tag (requires previous version > 5.5.5) if system is back online to verify upgrade is completed.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wmcneil said:

I am wondering if the zse29 hardware has gone bad. I only have one of them.

I have two ZSE29. One I was able to add with S2 security, the other one I had to disable S2 to get it to add. Both work, though. I have one on continuous power, one on battery, but the ZSE29 doesn't know the difference. 

I am going to hold off on 5.5.7 for now, especially given the report of Kwikset 916 lock trouble, as my Baldwin is a 916 underneath.

4 minutes ago, Steve L said:

I have two ZSE29. One I was able to add with S2 security, the other one I had to disable S2 to get it to add. Both work, though. I have one on continuous power, one on battery, but the ZSE29 doesn't know the difference. 

I am going to hold off on 5.5.7 for now, especially given the report of Kwikset 916 lock trouble, as my Baldwin is a 916 underneath.

Interesting, did you excluded both before trying to add them?

@DennisC - PG3. I have power cycled three times (after each package upgrade was verified to be complete) and #4 worked! From the looks of it a connection token had expired and needed to be refreshed. After that I was able to successfully login. I'm still having issues with one of the node servers (Acurite) but I can at least get to it now to reinstall it. Thanks!

• Like 2
Just now, DennisC said:

Interesting, did you excluded both before trying to add them?

Yes, I spent a LOT of time on this, adding and excluding, over and over, before I finally got them with all their nodes in place. It was very frustrating.

Right now everything is working (except for the Zooz leak sensors whose battery reports bounce all over the place), but I do wish UD Mobile would implement adding/deleting lock users - I have a long-standing feature request for this.

23 minutes ago, DavidV said:

@DennisC - PG3. I have power cycled three times (after each package upgrade was verified to be complete) and #4 worked! From the looks of it a connection token had expired and needed to be refreshed. After that I was able to successfully login. I'm still having issues with one of the node servers (Acurite) but I can at least get to it now to reinstall it. Thanks!

Glad you got it to work.

29 minutes ago, DavidV said:

From the looks of it a connection token had expired and needed to be refreshed. After that I was able to successfully login.

I've learned in this process that I prefer to make sure I log out of PG3x prior to updating anything. This way it forces me to login completely (Portal then PG3x dashboard) before I'm in the system again. It's just a process I added that usually allows me to avoid such issues. I don't know if it really does or not, but I figure it can't hurt. 

My thought is why have an open login on a system that you're trying to update. If you log out then only system processes should be running and nothing that I might have had open/editing/updating would be locking something that might need to be updated/overwritten. 

Kind of like installing a Windows program...it warns you to close all other programs before installing. How many of us actually do that though? I sure don't, but with IoX/PG3/PG3x I have made it habit to log out of anything I can if I'm not using it with hopes to avoid issues on next use. 

Glad #4 update/reboot worked for you. 

• Thanks 1