Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

1 hour ago, paulw said:

Unable to add button to second scene, get message referring to previous assigned scene. 

I think I'm misunderstanding the problem.  It appears that you're trying to add "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" to a second scene as a controller and the pop-up is telling you that "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" is already a controller in the "Back Yard Lite" scene and since a device can't be a controller in more than one scene, the pop-up is asking you whether you want to add "Garage KL-A Yard  Lite" as a responder to the second scene.  If you click "Yes", the ISY should go ahead and add "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" to the second scene as a responder.  Is it not doing that?

Edited by kclenden
1 hour ago, paulw said:

Just updated to 5.0.16.  Unable to add button to second scene, get message referring to previous assigned scene. isyIssue.jpg.b66e37d0bc731fc636945b7b7e95725b.jpg

I'm with kclenden. What you are seeing has always been the ISYs response to a device that is already a controller in a scene. It's more of a warning/alert just in case your intentions were to use it as a controller. 

7 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You can always add the responders to your scene first, configure them in the scene, and then add the controllers. This will transfer the settings to the controllers the way they are.

Well, this is probably the best thing I've learned all week. I tried it, and you're right. I wish I had known this a year ago.

Edited by auger66

Not sure when it happened, but the iBlinds control is only showing the ability to be turned on or off.   If I remember correctly, there used to be controls that would allow the blinds to be partially opened.  The iBlinds motor control supports both on/off (x25  V0  SWITCH_BINARY) and partial opening (x26  V4  SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), and I really want to be able to partially open the blinds.

The z-wave iBlind ZW 002 Class C Motor Ctl node details are as follows:

----------------------------------------------
ZW002_1 uid=2 type=4.17.7 mid=622 tid=17235 pid=23089 model=0
   -  x5E  V0  ZWAVEPLUS_INFO
   -  x26  V4  SWITCH_MULTILEVEL
   -  x85  V2  ASSOCIATION
   -  x59  V0  ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO
   -  x72  V2  MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
   -  x86  V0  VERSION
   -  x5A  V0  DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
   -  x73  V0  POWERLEVEL
   -  x25  V0  SWITCH_BINARY
   -  x7A  V2  FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
   -  x80  V0  BATTERY

The following was in the release notes for 5.0.16.  Does this mean that the control now is only on/off , or that it was supposed to fix the admin console so it supported more than just on/off? 

0000697 - ISY only allows on/off for iBlinds control

Note that in my house I have both a 4.7.3 firmware unit (with Z-Wave) and a 5.0.16 firmware unit (without Z-Wave for testing Node Server integration), and I was using the 4.7.3 device in this example.  And I was able to use Alexa to send a partial open command so you see the status is 19% below, but admin console only has on/off/query buttons and nothing else (there is nothing behind the About box).zwave-iblinds.thumb.png.be5a7d509b3edcef4cae55960242586b.png

I am eagerly awaiting the final release of 5.0.x so I can put it on my main ISY.

Edited by blakevh
Clarification of previous functionality.
On 11/15/2019 at 8:40 PM, kclenden said:

I think I'm misunderstanding the problem.  It appears that you're trying to add "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" to a second scene as a controller and the pop-up is telling you that "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" is already a controller in the "Back Yard Lite" scene and since a device can't be a controller in more than one scene, the pop-up is asking you whether you want to add "Garage KL-A Yard  Lite" as a responder to the second scene.  If you click "Yes", the ISY should go ahead and add "Garage KL-A Yard Lite" to the second scene as a responder.  Is it not doing that?

Well....... I would have sworn I tried that and it would not add.  Tried it after your post and all is well, Thanks!

57 minutes ago, blakevh said:

Not sure when it happened, but the iBlinds control is only showing the ability to be turned on or off.  The iBlinds motor control supports both on/off (x25  V0  SWITCH_BINARY) and partial opening (x26  V4  SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), and I really want to be able to partially open the blinds.

The z-wave iBlind ZW 002 Class C Motor Ctl node details are as follows:

ZW002_1 uid=2 type=4.17.7 mid=622 tid=17235 pid=23089 model=0
   -  x5E  V0  ZWAVEPLUS_INFO
   -  x26  V4  SWITCH_MULTILEVEL
   -  x85  V2  ASSOCIATION
   -  x59  V0  ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO
   -  x72  V2  MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
   -  x86  V0  VERSION
   -  x5A  V0  DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
   -  x73  V0  POWERLEVEL
   -  x25  V0  SWITCH_BINARY
   -  x7A  V2  FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
   -  x80  V0  BATTERY

The following was in the release notes for 5.0.16.  Does this mean that the control now is only on/off , or that it was supposed to fix the admin console so it supported more than just on/off? 

0000697 - ISY only allows on/off for iBlinds control

Note that in my house I have both a 4.7.3 firmware unit (with Z-Wave) and a 5.0.16 firmware unit (without Z-Wave for testing Node Server integration), and I was using the 4.7.3 device in this example.  And I was able to use Alexa to send a partial open command so you see the status is 19% below, but admin console only has on/off/query buttons and nothing else (there is nothing behind the About box).zwave-iblinds.thumb.png.be5a7d509b3edcef4cae55960242586b.png

I am eagerly awaiting the final release of 5.0.x so I can put it on my main ISY.

I dont use that device so I cant say how it performs on 5.0.16. However, being that you are using 4.7.3 that would most likely be the reason you aren't able to have full control over that device. 

On 11/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, DreamerI90 said:

I'm having a new problem for the last few weeks since I upgraded to this RC version that I never had before. I also let my portal subscription expire before renewing it so it may have something to do with that. For about the third week I have to reset my iSY as the Admin I/F goes wonky on me.

I first notice it when I access MobiLinc from my iPhone on my WLAN, it cannot connect even though it's local. Second when I open the UDI Admin I get an error box that says "Already Subscribed", then that says starting subscription, then one asking me if I want to close Admin, then when I say no I get Admin and can control devices but get no status back, e.g., the UI cannot tell what the state of devices is. I noticed today this seemed to happen right after a couple of Insteon leak detectors reported.

I've had the portal and Mobilinc for a couple years and have been running v5 for it's Zwave support for probably a year and I have never seen this before. Restarting the iSY seems to clear it up for another week.

Any ideas what is going on here?

I haven't had it happen since I stopped using Mobilinc but I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling it yet. I did however get up this morning and none of my programs were working. The iSY was completely off line, couldn't access it via portal or finder, couldn't even ping it. I would normally wait to see if it recurs but since it's RC sw I thought I should let you now. After a power cycle it came back and the log showed everything was fine until yesterday evening, there were still log entries after that but they all said "error" instead of device status or action.

• Like 2

i updated to Version 5.0.16 from 4.7.3.  Pleasantly surprised how easy it was.  Here are my observations 

i would say approximately 50% of my disabled programs were marked enabled after the update. I was aware of this from previous posts so I made a number of screen shots to show which programs should be disabled.

all of my motion detectors were recognized immediately without putting them in linking mode

i have a few scenes where I use program logic turn off the button lights on four six-button switches.  All of these scenes converted correctly without any manual intervention.  Maybe these are not scenes in their true definition.

Thanks to all at UDI for all their work. Looking forward to implementing some new ideas in the near future. 

• Like 1

Can someone remind me how to increase memory of Java ?  On my Windows 10 laptop the Administrative Console freezes when I click on the programs tab. I believe that this happened before and that I resolved it by increasing the memory of Java, but I don't remember how I did it..... Thanks !!!!!!

8 minutes ago, asbril said:

Can someone remind me how to increase memory of Java ?  On my Windows 10 laptop the Administrative Console freezes when I click on the programs tab. I believe that this happened before and that I resolved it by increasing the memory of Java, but I don't remember how I did it..... Thanks !!!!!!

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_is_very_slow_or_hangs

Admin Console is very slow or hangs

• If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).
  • Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:
    • -Xmx512m
  • Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_is_very_slow_or_hangs

Admin Console is very slow or hangs

• If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).
  • Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:
    • -Xmx512m
  • Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

that did it, thanks

Just tried upgrading from 4.7.3 following steps above. Cleared Java cache and opened the link http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16/admin.jnlp.

I saw the Java splash screen then NADA, Nothing.  So as of now, I cannot access the Admin Console.  I tried an ISY reboot & tried to open the Finder, but these did not help.

I asked Alexa to open a scene and that WORKED!  I also checked the ISY portal and it WORKS as well.  I can see v5.0.16, devices, programs and ELK status & find I can control devices.  So it appears the system successfully upgraded with scenes and programs in tact, I just can't access the Console.  I'll need to open a ticket to work through this issue.

ISY-Finder.png

Edited by sanders2222
23 minutes ago, sanders2222 said:

Just tried upgrading from 4.7.3 following steps above. Cleared Java cache and opened the link http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16/admin.jnlp.

I saw the Java splash screen then NADA, Nothing.  So as of now, I cannot access the Admin Console.  I tried an ISY reboot & tried to open the Finder, but these did not help.

I asked Alexa to open a scene and that WORKED!  I also checked the ISY portal and it WORKS as well.  I can see v5.0.16, devices, programs and ELK status & find I can control devices.  So it appears the system successfully upgraded with scenes and programs in tact, I just can't access the Console.  I'll need to open a ticket to work through this issue.

ISY-Finder.png

Nope, you need the file: start.jnlp   You can download it from the link below.  Nobody needs any holiday stress from their HA systems... ?

Edited by Bumbershoot

WOW, Thanks for responding straight away and Happy Thanksgiving.  I cleared the Java cache again. (I also noted the ISY Launcher on my desktop is never removed when I clear the Java cache.)

When I clicked the link you provided I get the same response.  A UD splash screen pops up for a bit then disappears.  Not appearing to do anything.  Perplexing.

3 minutes ago, sanders2222 said:

WOW, Thanks for responding straight away and Happy Thanksgiving.  I cleared the Java cache again. (I also noted the ISY Launcher on my desktop is never removed when I clear the Java cache.)

When I clicked the link you provided I get the same response.  A UD splash screen pops up for a bit then disappears.  Not appearing to do anything.  Perplexing.

You saved 'start.jnlp' to you desktop (or wherever), and ran it from there?  It sounds as if you're still starting the older version, "admin.jnlp".

38 minutes ago, sanders2222 said:

No, I just opened the file.  Following your suggestion, I saved it than ran it from my PC. Same result.

I deleted the ISY Launcher icon on my desktop, went through all the steps again and only get a temporary splash screen.

Java8.181.png

I know you need to enable the Java cache, so you might try clicking on the checkbox shown in your screenshot.  I don't run Windows but occasionally in a VMWare prision, so I'm not certain about Windows firewall issues.

I just started the AC using "start.jnlp" after completely updating my Windows installation, and Windows Defender complained.  You might check your security settings.

29 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I just started the AC using "start.jnlp" after completely updating my Windows installation, and Windows Defender complained.  You might check your security settings.

I temporarily disabled firewall protection but the "start.jnlp" still would not launch.  I submitted a ticket to help me sort out my issues.

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@sanders2222,

I suspect .jnlp is not associated with Java. Please try:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#admin.jnlp_does_not_start_the_Admin_Console

Wtih kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for your response Michel. I suspect I am running into a Windows issue as I am able to call up the AC just fine on my laptop.  Glad to say it appears the upgrade from 4.7.3 came through just fine.  Now I just need to see why my desktop can't pull up the ISY Finder.  AND it's currently going though an extensive Windows update this morning.  Hopefully, when that is done, it fixes whatever. . . . (sigh)

Update, the association was OK, but my Java 8u181 was apparently corrupt or broken. I uninstalled Java and then installed 8u231 and ALL is working.  Your tip pointed me in the right direction.  I'll close the ticket I started.

Thanks again Michel.

Edited by sanders2222
  • Like 1

I just upgraded from 4.7.3 to 5.0.16.  The upgrade seems to be working.  The main reason I upgraded was to add support to the Insteon Siren module (2868-222).  However, I cant seem to add the module.  I use Link Management, New Insteon Device.  I do not see the module in the dropdown list for device type.  I tried to use the address of the module, but I get no response or error message.  What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks,  Ira