Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

UDI is using the wrong scaling factor for the window. This is an easy correction in HTML speak but may not ever be fixed in java since they are trying to dump java at the user crowd's request.

With Windows 10 this is even worse when window magnifications are enabled.

post-4697-0-59760100-1478479591_thumb.jpg

Edited by larryllix

Have been waiting for less trouble and finally updated last week from 4.7.3 to 5.16a.... followed hart2hart's check list below. Upgrade went flawlessly with exception of leak sensors. Just upgrades to 5.16b. Again no issues. Waiting 24 hours for heartbeat to know for sure. 

One additional tip / idea  to the list below:

- I have historically had issues with certain programs that should be disabled, becoming enabled due to power outages etc. and have always had a challenge going through my hundreds of programs to sort them out. 

-So a while ago, I adopted the nomenclature rule for my system where if a program is meant to be disabled, then I end the name of the program with LD for Leave Disabled. See below for an example

-This is a one time effort to rename, but it made it super easy during the upgrade to reset everything as it should be w/o the need to compare two lists as recommended by hart2hart 

Thanks UDI and everyone who actively contributes to this forum.... you all are great!

Merry Christmas. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.16.34 PM.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

Have been waiting for less trouble and finally updated last week from 4.7.3 to 5.16a.... followed hart2hart's check list below. Upgrade went flawlessly with exception of leak sensors. Just upgrades to 5.16b. Again no issues. Waiting 24 hours for heartbeat to know for sure. 

- I have historically had issues with certain programs that should be disabled, becoming enabled due to power outages etc. and have always had a challenge going through my hundreds of programs to sort them out. 

-So a while ago, I adopted the nomenclature rule for my system where if a program is meant to be disabled, then I end the name of the program with LD for Leave Disabled. See below for an example

-This is a one time effort to rename, but it made it super easy during the upgrade to reset everything as it should be w/o the need to compare two lists as recommended by hart2hart 

Thanks UDI and everyone who actively contributes to this forum.... you all are great!

Merry Christmas. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 3.16.34 PM.jpg

Yup.. installed B a few days ago and no issues here with leak sensors. 

Good tip on the disabled programs. I have a few myself and at one time started dumping them into a folder called "Disabled Programs" but recently I have just left them where they were and a few got me on this coming from 4.7.3. I had lights turning on when I was not expecting to and after some detective work I finally realized 2 of my disabled programs were still enabled crating the effect. 

Not sure how I would live without UDI.. they are truly awesome and I am always recommending them when someone sees my home automation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

Merry Christmas. 

Why not write a program to execute shortly after the ISY restarts to disable the problem programs? No harm/no foul if they are already disabled. That's assuming the ISY also loses power.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, firstone said:

I'm also having same or similar issue. I can send commands to my 2 BE469s, such as lock and unlock, and it works and shows correct status. But then status drifts off and Query command never works. This has happened in both, 5.0.16 and 5.0.16B.

That is probably a good way to describe it.. It does work and programs run most of the time but for some reason when it does not update the correct status is when things fall apart. I see this as an important item to see what is going on as I do rely on Geo Fence to make sure my locks are locked when I'm away. Now with the inconsistency I have to keep checking and not comfortable things are doing what is expected. Kind of goes against the automation aspect. Hope there is a simple fix. I would rather not look for a new lock. 

On 12/22/2019 at 5:50 AM, MWareman said:

Main 3 questions.

1) Is start.jnlp launching for others (I assume so - and this is likely an Iced Tea / Ubuntu issue)...

2) If you clear your java cache - and launch the admin UI from http://isy.ip/admin.jnlp (replace isy.ip with your ISY IP address) - does it launch the correct version of the admin UI?

3) Does the 5.0.16B firmware contain the wrong admin.jnlp (5.0.16) on it's image? Personally - I *always* pull the admin.jnlp from the ISY itself to avoid the cloud dependency - and this is the very first time I'm getting a different version of the admin UI from /admin.jnlp than is running on the ISY itself...

Michael.

Hi Michael,

First a little clarification on the difference between admin.jnlp and start.jnlp:

- admin.jnlp is the actual Admin Console and thus you will not see the Type and Version columns (as is the case in start.jnlp) … so, isy/994i/<version>/admin.jnlp is going to bring up the Admin Console for that version
- start.jnlp reads admin.jnlp and downloads correct UI and other resources based on the type of the device … so, based on the firmware version and the type of ISY, start.jnlp will go to the correct URL to download the correct version of the Admin Console

Next, the ISY Portal does not understand the concept of A, B, xx after the version. This is a bug.

With regards to Ubuntu, I really do not know why it does it. I think everyone should move to FreeBSD :)

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, redapplenine said:

Does the Insteon motion sensor 2844-222 work with this version or should I wait until the next release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The motion sensor works fine.  I have several deployed in daily use.  This is a "motion sensor" NOT a multi-sensor so the temp, lux, etc are NOT meant to work outside of the device even though they are "visible" to and presented by the ISY.  So do not run around in circles about these items.

The MSII has a couple product defects.  1. the internal motion sense timer doesn't reset properly so using the MSII for controlling lighting and using the auto off/reset of the lights doesn't work.  This is a device problem not ISY and nothing UDI can do to fix this.  There's also a device problem with LED not being able to be turned off when on battery.  Again device problem not ISY.

Outside of setting expectations correctly and the two issues above.  Yes the MSII works great.  I use the on-only mode for scenarios where I want very fast lighting response and that gives me great flexibility using ISY programs to determine when to turn things off based on things besides motion.

16 minutes ago, redapplenine said:

Does anybody know what the timeline is on the final release of version 5? Also does anybody have any recommendations on what secondary device I should use for my Z wave network during the upgrade?

Happy holidays everybody and thanks for all the wonderful support.

No one has information on release dates. We'll all know once they release it when UDI feels it's ready.

Secondary device for what use?

I’m not sure if this is still an issue but in the past when you upgrade the firmware and have z-wave devices they need to be moved to a secondary controller during upgrade or the links will be lost.

What up other peoples experience been with upgrading? Is a secondary controller necessary for the upgrade process?

2 minutes ago, redapplenine said:

I’m not sure if this is still an issue but in the past when you upgrade the firmware and have z-wave devices they need to be moved to a secondary controller during upgrade or the links will be lost.

What up other peoples experience been with upgrading? Is a secondary controller necessary for the upgrade process?

Upgrading the zwave board yes but there haven't been I've of those in years.  Zwave during the firmware upgrade no

Edited by lilyoyo1
40 minutes ago, redapplenine said:

Not necessary when just doing firmware upgrades.  I've upgraded several ISY's a few times with Z-wave.  Just make a z-wave backup first just in case.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, bmah said:

As a former member of FreeBSD's release engineering team, you just made my day with that completely unexpected comment.  ?

Bruce.

Bruce, you just made my day! I don't know whether or not you know that we spent over a year investigating all possible Operating Systems for Polisy. And, hands down, FreeBSD was the only choice. So, you should be glad to know that our Polisy runs a refined version of FreeBSD like a champ. And, our development laptops all run FreeBSD with XFCE. We all love it, so THANK YOU for your past contributions!

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 2

This is in my error log :

Wed 2019/12/25 12:07:55 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:08 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:08 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:10 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:10 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:20 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:20 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:22 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:21:22 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:22:35 PM    System    -251001    RX-U 01040160019B    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:25:19 PM    System    -251001    RX-U 01040160019B    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:44:52 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:44:52 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:44:54 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:44:54 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:45:01 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:45:01 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:45:03 PM    System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 01:45:03 PM    System    -110012    /CONF/0020.CZW    
Wed 2019/12/25 04:11:07 PM    System    -100    [DHCP] state=RENEW

Am I right to assume that the error  System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW       refers to my Zwave device 020 ?  I'd like to be sure before removing and replacing this device, which is in a rather difficult to reach spot.

Anyone has an idea what the following mean :

Wed 2019/12/25 01:25:19 PM    System    -251001    RX-U 01040160019B 

Thanks for  any guidance !!!!!

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Thanks for  any guidance !!!!!

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Errors_And_Error_Messages

1 hour ago, asbril said:

System    -110022    /CONF/0020.CZW

I don't know about the device, but the error indicates that there's a problem with this particular file on you ISY.  You may be able to delete this file through a telnet session, but if your devices are working okay, I wouldn't sweat it.  It may be a sign of problems with your SD card, however.  That said, if this indeed refers to your device 20, then an Exclude/Include may correct this.  If it's inconvenient to do this, I wouldn't wait until the device functionality actually appears to be broken.  Below is the definition of the error code:

-110022 	OPEN FILE FAILED  

This message below doesn't appear to be a big deal:

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Maybe this is random noise from one of your devices that the ISY ignores:

-251001 	UZW_MSGCODE_COMM_RXU_IGNORED 	Z-Wave: Unsupported unsolicited response message ignored

I wouldn't sweat this one below, as this appears to be a normal network function:

1 hour ago, asbril said:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Errors_And_Error_Messages

I don't know about the device, but the error indicates that there's a problem with this particular file on you ISY.  You may be able to delete this file through a telnet session, but if your devices are working okay, I wouldn't sweat it.  It may be a sign of problems with your SD card, however.  That said, if this indeed refers to your device 20, then an Exclude/Include may correct this.  If it's inconvenient to do this, I wouldn't wait until the device functionality actually appears to be broken.  Below is the definition of the error code:

-110022 	OPEN FILE FAILED  

This message below doesn't appear to be a big deal:

Maybe this is random noise from one of your devices that the ISY ignores:

-251001 	UZW_MSGCODE_COMM_RXU_IGNORED 	Z-Wave: Unsupported unsolicited response message ignored

I wouldn't sweat this one below, as this appears to be a normal network function:

Many thanks Bumbershoot. Over the weekend I will try the exclude/include, but as you say when the device works, don't touch it. 

This being said lately I have had problems with including new devices, first an Inovelli switch and yesterday a GE Motion Sensor. I just tried again to include the motion sensor and get this in the event log :

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:22 PM : Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 2

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 3

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 5

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:37 PM : Adding Z-Wave devices stopped

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : Device 96 of type 4.7.1 included into Z-Wave network

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Cannot add primary node for 96.0

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Device 96.0 not added

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : Add Node failed: Cannot create primary node for new device

I have seen the same pattern with the Inovelli switch, so I start to suspect that something needs to be tweaked in my ISY

On 12/19/2019 at 10:22 PM, Craigb said:

I am also seeing a failure to properly keep status of Schlage BE469 in 5.0.16.  When the status stops updating, a query in the UI also does not update status. You can see communication with the device in the Event Viewer, but the UI doesn't update. You also get intermittent "can not communicate" errors for the Schlage BE569 device, then the icon in the device list will change from ! to normal after a few seconds. 

Update since moving to 5.0.16B:

The communication between ISY and Schlage BE569 seems to be working better.   However, the Admin Console Device UI was not showing current status (lock was LOCKED, status was UNLOCKED User 1 from when I arrived home an hour previously).  I used the Query button (more than once) which caused communication with the lock, but did not update UI.  I then clicked on Options, and after two tries (System Busy message box - no content, just header), the UI updated, and the Options panel opened.

Event viewer snip:

image.thumb.png.2c43d0fbbb7c99bddd818f04e5c6f116.png

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Craigb said:

Update since moving to 5.0.16B:

The communication between ISY and Schlage BE569 seems to be working better.   However, the Admin Console Device UI was not showing current status (lock was LOCKED, status was UNLOCKED User 1 from when I arrived home an hour previously).  I used the Query button (more than once) which caused communication with the lock, but did not update UI.  I then clicked on Options, and after two tries (System Busy message box - no content, just header), the UI updated, and the Options panel opened.

Event viewer snip:

image.thumb.png.2c43d0fbbb7c99bddd818f04e5c6f116.png

I had also tried to set the Z-Wave options to "No" on Automatically putting battery devices to sleep and have had a few occurrences of non-updated status resulting in my lock not operating properly with my Geo-Fence. I have to manually check every time to make sure my lock works now since it is inconsistent or not rely on lock automation.

Hopeful it is a minor fix.  

On 10/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, Richraine said:

Here is a bug for me.… I login as admin.  go to file/set UserID/password/change the user id to Rich/enter new password/confirm both.  Then go to file/set user ID --- I would expect to see the new ID...However it appears as nothing is changed.

I upgraded from 4.3.7 to 5.0.16b everything looks good except I can not add a userid. I was able to change the admin password. Any hints??