Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TJF1960

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TJF1960

  1. Nice. Thanks Illusion! Over the course of installing 50+ devices in the last couple of years (not to mention replacement devices) I can think of a number of times that using these would have simplified the installation and allowed me to trim all the wires in the box shorter which would have freed up space and made putting the devices in the boxes a lot easier. I agree I wouldn’t use them everywhere, but certainly in some two-gang boxes and all three-gang and larger. I did a quick search, Amazon has the 5 position connector for about 57 cents each and another place http://www.galesburgelectric.com/Wago-222-415-LEVER-NUTS-5-Conductor-Compact-Connectors.html has them at 38 cents a piece. I think spending 38 cents a piece is well worth my spending 5 + minutes messing with all the excess wiring, or being in a position where I need a third or fourth hand! Thanks for posting Illusion, Tim Edit: Just checked the galesburgelectric.com site, they are 38 cents a piece but they hose you on shipping. Basically getting them from Amazon or this other place ends up costing about the same with shipping which was about 72 cents each....still worth it IMHO. If anyone finds them cheaper though please post. t
  2. Here is a link to some problems others have had with Avast: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6911&p=53044&hilit=+Avast+AV+#p53044 Hope it helps. Tim
  3. What browser and antivirus are you running?
  4. I am not sure what that means either but I hope someone can chime in to tell us. To test IndyMikes theory can you open the event viewer and run your tests to see if the ISY is detecting a 2nd off, when you get the time.
  5. A second off, like an echo? That would explain the program running. Surely the event view would capture that right?
  6. apostolakisl, Odd, I set up a couple of switches using your exact original program in the first post. It worked 100% of the time. Light was on, turned it off and it stayed off. Light was off, turned it off, it turned on. The first switch I tested was an Icon relay controlling a 4’ fluorescent light. So then I thought perhaps it was an issue with dimmers. I set up the program to control the load of a 6 button kpl dimmer. Still worked 100% of the time. I then set the program up on a SL dimmer. Same thing, worked like a champ. I don’t get it. I know in the past, a long time ago I had issues with this type of program so I used the fast off method. But now it seems to work in my system. Granted I haven’t tested it for days or weeks, nor have I tested it 50 or 100 times, but probably 20 or 30 times over a 15 minute period….with 100% success rate. So that leads me to wonder – what is the difference between our systems? I am running 3.1.9. The switches I have tested are within 2 years old. The kpl is v.36, the SL dimmer is v.38 and the Icon relay is v.39. 1500sq ft house with about 70 devices with 2412s plm. Just had a thought, do you have the newer 2413 plm? I have heard they process a bit quicker than the 2412, could that be a possible reason why you are experiencing the bounce? Tim Edit: Have you tried changing the status from "Off" to "< 5%" or something similar?
  7. Thats a great deal, but remember that the plm is not included.
  8. You hit the nail on the head. Some of my old config's did use all lower case. I haven't used wol for, well, a very long time. So I didn't notice until I tried using them. Thank you for the info., Tim
  9. Hi Michel, I am not sure yet about the WOL issue yet. That ip address is the computer running the DSCLink and 2 WCLink's. The error log isn't nearly as large as it was during 3.1.6, but it is larger than previous 3.1.6 releases. Thanks, Tim
  10. Or possibly firewall. What antivirus are you using?
  11. ELA, Out of curiosity what internet browser are you using? Michel, I am still getting a lot of errors in the log (typical log size about 24 KB a day) such as: Time User Code Message Thu 2011/09/22 08:29:37 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:2664->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:36:23 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3490->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:39:27 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3962->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:42:23 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:4358->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:46:23 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:4989->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:47:38 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:1184->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:48:53 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:1326->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 08:54:09 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:1944->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:04:07 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3155->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:07:38 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3576->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:12:21 AM System -140005 CLI-WBug Thu 2011/09/22 09:12:23 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:4110->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:12:34 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:4130->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:14:27 AM System -140005 Net Module Rule: 106 Thu 2011/09/22 09:25:45 AM System -140005 Net Module Rule: 106 Thu 2011/09/22 09:26:24 AM System -140005 Net Module Rule: 106 Thu 2011/09/22 09:26:31 AM System -140005 Net Module Rule: 106 Thu 2011/09/22 09:27:26 AM System -140005 CLI-WBug Thu 2011/09/22 09:39:00 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3337->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:41:40 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:3672->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:45:25 AM System -170001 [Auth] 192.168.0.167:4160->80, Num=2 Thu 2011/09/22 09:47:21 AM System -140005 CLI-WBug Thu 2011/09/22 09:53:59 AM Even with the continued errors my system seems to be rock solid. In fact, everything seems to be running the very best it has ever been! DSCLink and 2 WCLinks are working very well with ISY. Many thanks for all of the hard work. Tim
  12. Can anyone please verify wol is working and sending out the magic packets in 3.1.7. I can't seem to capture the packets leaving isy when tested. Thanks, tim
  13. Jim, I have the same problem. Found that the lower case letters were the problem. Changed to upper case letters then I could save. Tim
  14. Hi Michel, Thanks very much for this newest beta. Everything went smoothly and it is very nice to have the logs back! Hi Lee, Did your log contain a full day of info while you were running 3.1.8? My log shows reboot and query yesterday morning after upgrading to 3.1.8 then the log cuts right to reboot and query after upgrading today to 3.1.9, nothing in the middle from yesterday morning query to this afternoons query. Thanks, Tim
  15. Don't know if this will help but I did a search on Kaspersky on this forum and found this: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4306&hilit=Kaspersky And this on airport extreme: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5533&hilit=airport+extreme Hope it helps. Tim
  16. I agree, if it is not too much trouble to release another beta. I had an event that didn't occur in the middle of the night that should have, and has every night for the last 6 months. Trouble is I cannot tell if it was network resource (wclink) related or Insteon comm. related or. Having the logs would have been a help. Thanks very much, Tim
  17. Interesting. Thanks for the update.
  18. How about using Fast Off instead. Seems to me I have had troubles with programs like originally posted so I have been using Fast Off instead.
  19. You can turn the scene which incorporates the kpl button b and the stair lights on/off with the program. That will turn button b on and off at the same time as the stair light. Tim
  20. Upgraded yesterday at 6pm, all seemed to go well and smooth. I just checked the error log. I have 1,106kb for a 10 hour period on 3.1.7, on 3.1.4 the average was 92kb. The errors are occuring about every 5 seconds and I don't know what they mean: 2011/09/13 05:55:11 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:13 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:15 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:18 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:31 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] HTTP:32 error:6 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:36 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] HTTP:31 error:6 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:36 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] HTTP:32 error:6 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:41 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] HTTP:31 error:6 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:41 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] HTTP:32 error:6 Tue 2011/09/13 05:55:42 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:56:03 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:56:03 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 Tue 2011/09/13 05:56:03 PM System -170001 [Auth] , Num=1 On the up side Conductor for Android is working with this beta over wan way better than the last 3 beta's! And no issues that I have seen with DSCLink or WCLink. Please advise on the error log. Thank you for all of your hard work!!! Thanks, Tim Edit: I shut down DSCLink and both WCLink programs for 3 minutes and the errors went away. I then restarted DSCLink and the errors returned. Then I shut down DSCLink and started one of the WCLink programs and the errors started again. I was trying to determine which program was causing the errors. The errors appear to be the same when running one or all three programs. In past beta's I have seen System -170001 errors but the [Auth], Num=1 is new, and this error is what heavily populates the error log in this version. Edit:Edit: Conductor did not seem to cause any errors for the ISY.
  21. TJF1960 replied to Crusty's topic in ISY994
    Hello Crusty, Please, don't be sorry. I am surprised no one has replied yet. I know very little about troubleshooting the issue you are having. However I have been around for a few years and the question of "what firewall or antivirus software are you running" seems to always come up. Also what ISY99 firmware version is installed? Tim
  22. Hello, Using only Insteon I am not sure there would be a reliable way of conveying power loss to the ISY. Someone else may have an idea or has done it but I sure could think of a way to do it. I am currently using a low voltage transformer (an old Nokia 3v xfmr for cell phone) and a resistor voltage divider to one of the analog inputs of the CAI Webcontrol control board and WCLink software which updates a variable with the line voltage. I have an email sent when the AC Mains voltage is out or low or high as well as when it has been restored to normal. It hasn’t been in place very long but it has been working fine thru all of my tests. Tim
  23. Lee, thanks very much for the excellent explanation. I think at this point I will side with caution as I would much rather be safe than sorry. I will stick with automatic. Thanks again, Tim
  24. I believe I have read in these forums that the recommended setting of “Link Management>Advanced Options†was “Automatic: ISY tries to find the most suitable messaging option†which I have had mine set for, forever. In the past when I have had the Event Viewer open and was either restoring or adding new devices I have always seen “using engine version i1. I don’t ever remember seeing version i2 on any of my SL, KPL’s etc (all are 2 years old or newer and purchased from SH). I was in a play full mood this evening and thought I would switch to “Device Reported: ISY uses the device reported messaging option†which I did and the busy hour glass came up immediately and the event viewer showed “writing 0 bytes to all devices.†Afterwards I restored a 8 button kpl which only took 30 seconds and the event viewer showed using i2. I switched back to automatic mode and restored the same kpl which took 1.5 minutes and the viewer showed i1. I couldn’t believe it, using i2 shaved 1 minute off of the restore. I remember waiting 5-10 minutes for some kpl’s to restore, it would have been so much quicker if i2 were used. All of my devices have been added with this selection in Automatic. And the devices have been added using “Link Management>New Insteon Device†using the address and auto discover. So my questions are: Am I doing something wrong? What is the preferred setting for linking/restoring normal Insteon products like SL, KPL’s etc.? Does it matter which setting it was in when the devices were first linked to the ISY? In other words did the devices add correctly even though i2 was not used when they were linked? I am on v3.1.6 Thanks, Tim
  25. TJF1960 replied to TJF1960's topic in ISY994
    3 more questions for UDI about the reboot process. Is query of devices ran before step 1? At what point in the steps would DSCLink/WCLink data be accepted by the ISY? Now that we are at v3.1.6 have any of the above steps changed? Thanks, Tim

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.