Forum web interface up....but....

MWareman

Agreed.  It's sort of like putting a tablet UI on a computer.   (Nothing wrong with a tablet UI, as long as it's on a tablet.  On a computer, a tablet UI just means lots of icons that are way too large, overly-huge margins that waste more screen space, gigantic buttons that work great for fingers on a tablet but again, just waste space on a computer... JMO.)

23 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

It seems to have all the features you would want.

But it is too darn much white screen.  I used to be able to see so much more all at once, now lots of scrolling.

On the right side towards the top is a condensed/expanded option buttons. The condensed option cuts down on white space and let's you see more posts.

OMG I feel like this is a repeat of the last forum migration. :shock: Honestly, hate the look and feel of this new forum. Don't know what was wrong with the old forum it was easy to navigate and use.

I feel like I'm having snow blindness its so freaking white in here . . . :?

Yes initial thoughts where I don't like it.

Now that I am starting to use it more. It is not as bad as I originally thought.

Anyone find the secret to getting rid of the pop up asking about forum notifications?  Every where I go it pops up again. Even if I click on ignore or the X close the box tab.

19 minutes ago, Brian H said:

Yes initial thoughts where I don't like it.

Now that I am starting to use it more. It is not as bad as I originally thought.

Anyone find the secret to getting rid of the pop up asking about forum notifications?  Every where I go it pops up again. Even if I click on ignore or the X close the box tab.

There are a bunch of notification settings that can be turned on/off. Select the bell at the top of the page and then Notification Settings. That will open a page with all of the switches.

We had to migrate because we were on a back level version with many security holes. This is not the repeat of the last attempt since you can notice that the performance has not degraded.

I personally like this format my better on my Android phone but I will ask our Admin to see whether or not the layout can be changed.

With kind regards,

Michel

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

We had to migrate because we were on a back level version with many security holes. This is not the repeat of the last attempt since you can notice that the performance has not degraded.

I personally like this format my better on my Android phone but I will ask our Admin to see whether or not the layout can be changed.

Thanks -- some forums offer each user a choice of "skins" that change the look and feel (within limits) - that might be ideal to support both users of mobile devices as well as those who use real computers.

I guess I never use this forum on a mobile device -- my mobile devices are for work only, and this forum is clearly not work-related for me! :-D   (Although I guess as a moderator, Michel's use would indeed be "work-related"!)

I like the [url="https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8520-organic-by-themetree/"]Organic[/url] theme. But, IMO, you may want to present the top 3 themes that get 15 or more votes for  a final decision.

Note: 3 is arbitrary.

Edit: is there not an HTML option?

Archived