ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

7 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Ohhh. You are using PG3? I didn't think it was ready for the wild yet.

I did set it up, but not using it until Zwave migration is ready.

As such my issue is not urgent, but I like things working.

I am sure that I will work it out in time. It is basically just curiosity why I can not access Polisy settings in PG 3, which I was able to before.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, asbril said:

I am sure that I will work it out in time. It is basically just curiosity why I can not access Polisy settings in PG 3, which I was able to before.

I purchased the SiLabs dongle (cheaper $ and regularly updated firmware) and from my  trials with 2 series 300 Aeon receptacle/energy monitors,  it (SiLabs dongle) worked fine with polisy. They need to be polled so I don't want then to be installed permanently in my polisy.

Edited by larryllix

On 12/31/2021 at 10:43 AM, garybixler said:

Just wondering if anyone has successfully set up a Zooz Zen 17 with the input trigger disabled from the relay allowing the monitoring of dry contact inputs and controlling the relay through Z-Wave only. The settings are Parameter 2 value 7 or 10 and Parameter 10 value 0. Resynchronizing should create a 'Custom Button Press node' according to the Zen manual. I never had Z-Wave on the ISY 994 so I don't know if this setup even works. Looking to replace the Insteon SimpleHomeNet EZIO8SA for garage door monitoring and control.

Thanks for any info or insight.

Gary

UPDATE: After a ZEN17 firmware update and properly removing and adding the ZEN all seems to be working great now.

Thanks Gary

I have a Zen17 and  set Parameter 2 to 10 first which makes it a dry contact, then parameter 10 to 0 which disables the input triggering the relay. I remove/add and it added a couple extra nodes... binary sensor. However, I had to redo the parameter 10 to 0 again. I think the proper step is to do parameter 2 to 10, remove/add, then parameter 10 to 0 which does not require a remove/add. Also parameter 3 and 11 do S2 same as 2 and 10 do S1.

Thank you for confirming this works because I was about to give up on this. Instructions are not clear what the purpose of all the Parameter 2/3 do.

Edited by brians

20 hours ago, asbril said:

Polisy settings has never worked in PG3. The menu item was just enabled in the latest release but there's no support in the code for that option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Polisy settings has never worked in PG3.

Thanks.  I've been wondering about that but haven't had time to figure out if it was my mistake or a bug.  Hopefully the menu option will get disabled until it does something.

I updated Polisy last night (100+ packages for FreeBSD to 13.0 p6 and a UDX upgrade) and Polisy no longer responds to a request for available updates.  I get the usually message that it has submitted the request, but no response.  Anyone else seeing this after a recent upgrade?  This has happened before and was then fixed.  This is a minor issue, but I do use it as a quick way of determining that updates are available and then ssh in to do the updates manually so I have a record of the changes.  And when there are 100+ updates, it's nice to see the progress on the screen.  :)

I too did the 100 package update and no longer get a response back from check polisy for updates or that the updates were successful. Also it appears that PG3 NSs have stopped logging after the initial node server startup.

Edited by garybixler

12 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

1. The update availability has been removed from PG ... making it streamlined for the future UI

I hope that you plan on not requiring pushing the button on the front of Polisy as the only upgrade method, mine isn't conveniently accessible.

Also wondering if there are plans to make polyglot accessible via the portal?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mbking said:

I updated Polisy last night (100+ packages for FreeBSD to 13.0 p6 and a UDX upgrade) and Polisy no longer responds to a request for available updates.  I get the usually message that it has submitted the request, but no response.  Anyone else seeing this after a recent upgrade?  This has happened before and was then fixed.  This is a minor issue, but I do use it as a quick way of determining that updates are available and then ssh in to do the updates manually so I have a record of the changes.  And when there are 100+ updates, it's nice to see the progress on the screen.  :)

The update tonight fixed Polisy not returning a reply to a request for updates.

I have gone through the steps of migrating from isy994i to polisy using the guide by dbwarner5.  I have successfully migrated and things seem to be working.  One odd issue is that when I did the migration of PG2 to new isy per his directions (settings pointing to the polisy version of ISY), I continue to get a banner that says:

ISY was not automatically discovered on your local network. Please configure it in the settings menu now. 

Also, it still shows my old version of 994i software in the polyglot version details on dashboard.  What seems odd is that I am using Philips Hue for Polyglot and everything seems to be working ok.  My PG3 install also gives me a similar banner about not being able to find isy.  FYI, my 994I is unplugged, so it is not still running through that device.

Any suggestions?

Jasson  

3 hours ago, jlamb said:

I have gone through the steps of migrating from isy994i to polisy using the guide by dbwarner5.  I have successfully migrated and things seem to be working.  One odd issue is that when I did the migration of PG2 to new isy per his directions (settings pointing to the polisy version of ISY), I continue to get a banner that says:

ISY was not automatically discovered on your local network. Please configure it in the settings menu now. 

Also, it still shows my old version of 994i software in the polyglot version details on dashboard.  What seems odd is that I am using Philips Hue for Polyglot and everything seems to be working ok.  My PG3 install also gives me a similar banner about not being able to find isy.  FYI, my 994I is unplugged, so it is not still running through that device.

Any suggestions?

Jasson  

It sounds like your ISY is not configured correctly in PG2.  Here is what mine looks like.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 175538.jpg

Thanks for the info.  I did as you suggested and it actually updated the isy version to 5.3 which is the Polisy ISY version, however, I am still getting the red banner  about ISY not being discovered on your network.  Not sure what I have going on.  The Hue nodes do seem to be working.  Not sure if I should ignore this red banner or if there is something further I need to address.

Jasson 

I, too, have had ISY not discovered under PG2 for several weeks. It just happened one day without and changes or updates that I'm aware of. I've tried all suggestions made without success. Meanwhile, I can access my ISY when needed (not often) through AC. I've mostly given up, waiting on official migration to PG3 and ISY on Polisy.

I was going to wait with PG3 till Zwave migration tool is ready, but I have issues with the (PG2) Harmony Hub nodeserver and therefore I am thinking of using the PG3 HH nodeserver.

Can I use PG3 with ISY and not yet on ISY on Polisy ? I think to remember that one can use both PG2 and PG3 with same ISY.

However, if this is possible, I have the issue that I can not open the Polisy Configuration in PG3. It remains stuck on " Please wait, getting configuration...  ".

@asbril yes you can run PG2 PG3 and PGC all at the same time.  I am running ISY, PG2 PG3 all on my polisy, and PG cloud comes in just fine as well. You need to make sure they are all pointed correctly to the right IP and port for the ISY. For PG2 its under Settings/ Polyglot Settings / ISY Configuration.

For PG3, its under ISY's. 

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@asbril,

That means udx is not running:

sudo service udx restart 

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel,

Unfortunately that did not resolve it, but this is not urgent and I will again later this week.

4 hours ago, asbril said:

However, if this is possible, I have the issue that I can not open the Polisy Configuration in PG3. It remains stuck on " Please wait, getting configuration...  ".

I thought I answered this in another thread ...

The Polisy configuration menu doesn't work in PG3, there's a menu item but no code to do any actual configuration.   @Michel Kohanimsays we don't need this menu option for PG3 so it will be removed in the next release.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bpwwer said:

I thought I answered this in another thread ...

The Polisy configuration menu doesn't work in PG3, there's a menu item but no code to do any actual configuration.   @Michel Kohanimsays we don't need this menu option for PG3 so it will be removed in the next release.

I'm sorry. Yes you did answer me. However how can I point PG3 to my ISY ? That was in fact  my question, but not properly formulated.

p.s.

I just found it under ISY and done. Thanks

Edited by asbril