Support thread for: ISY on Polisy (IoP) v5.4.4 (May 25, 2022)

20 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

This only upgrades IoP and not the whole Polisy. 5.4.4 is the latest.

Right. But it's not upgrading IoP.

I ran an upgrade of all the packages on my Polisy (including the UDI packages) separately when I booted up the Polisy initially. But the "Automatically Upgrade Test-Polisy to 5.4.4" in the IoP Admin Console is not upgrading IoP to 5.4.4 (remains at 5.4.2). In addition, Polyglot v3 on the Polisy is not getting upgraded either (remains at 3.0.55).

The net-net is that I can't get anything up to latest versions to test changes to a Node server before I roll it out.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Goose66 said:

I ran an upgrade of all the packages on my Polisy (including the UDI packages) separately when I booted up the Polisy initially

Did you do this recently? If so you've probably got some corrupt files.

There were issues (as @lilyoyo1 mentioned) with going the SSH route to update Polisy so UDI issued an alert to only update through IoP on configuration tab and "Upgrade Packages".  If you've recently run any SSH commands to bring ALL packages up to date then you need to start a support ticket to get the corrupt files repaired. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

V5.4.4 Daylight savings.

My IoP has reverted to standard time with errors that will not go away.

The displayed time in the admin console jumps backward 4 hours but corrects itself after the location is jogged by updating to the same location.

Now my sunrise is too early by one hour and my sunset is too early by two hours.

Thus happened on Sunday after the time change. Sun based time triggers have failed.

These times have been working correctly since the DST time change in spring 2022.

I have rebooted and power cycled polisy several times without any success in clearing this.

UPDATE: This cleared up the next day when I opened the admin console again. I could not get the times to correct themselves no matter what i tried the first day.

Edited by larryllix

The top of the display frame of the IoP admin console on Polisy shows the date.  Does anyone know how to get access to the date (i.e. the calendar) in IoP, so that actions can be triggered by date and time, and not just by time?

13 minutes ago, CoLong said:

The top of the display frame of the IoP admin console on Polisy shows the date.  Does anyone know how to get access to the date (i.e. the calendar) in IoP, so that actions can be triggered by date and time, and not just by time?

I don't know if this is what you want, but in the program builder, if you select Schedule, and uncheck the Daily check box, you get access to a calendar.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 8.18.26 AM.png

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, larryllix said:

V5.4.4 Daylight savings.

My IoP has reverted to standard time with errors that will not go away.

The displayed time in the admin console jumps backward 4 hours but corrects itself after the location is jogged by updating to the same location.

Now my sunrise is too early by one hour and my sunset is too early by two hours.

Thus happened on Sunday after the time change. Sun based time triggers have failed.

These times have been working correctly since the DST time change in spring 2022.

I have also posted in the IoP forum today about a similar issue running IoP 5.4.4 yesterday where two scheduled programs failed to run after the time change. My time is correct right now, and I checked sunrise and sunset for today and they are correct for my timezone, but maybe they weren't (and maybe the time wasn't) when the automations were supposed to run yesterday.

Edited by landolfi
20 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I don't know if this is what you want, but in the program builder, if you select Schedule, and uncheck the Daily check box, you get access to a calendar.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 8.18.26 AM.png

That's exactly what I was looking for.  Many thanks.

15 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I have also posted in the IoP forum today about a similar issue running IoP 5.4.4 yesterday where two scheduled programs failed to run after the time change. My time is correct right now, and I checked sunrise and sunset for today and they are correct for my timezone, but maybe they weren't (and maybe the time wasn't) when the automations were supposed to run yesterday.

Are you asking if there is a calendar that shows historical (or future) Sunset/Sunrise times?   There is not.  Latitude and Longitude are used once per day to calculate new values as displayed on the top line of the admin console.

Here's a page that explains an algorithm used for such calculations: https://gml.noaa.gov/grad/solcalc/calcdetails.html

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@Illusion,

I think it might just be too slow (due some website issues). Otherwise, can you please use Java Preferences | Advanced | Check all Log + Traces AND check Show Console. Restart IoX Launcher and then choose cloud. What do you see in the Java Console?

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim, since using IoX Launcher, I too could not launch the Admin Console via the Cloud.  But just a few minutes ago, I tried it again and it worked.  Maybe it was the website issues.  Java Console did not show any errors.

Mark

18 hours ago, Techman said:

Polisy firmware was recently updated to 5.4.5

Update your packages. If you're then still have issues, remove power from the Polisy for about 15 seconds.

Seems to have worked fine for me except one Node server is posting wrong data.  It is weatherbit but probably a different issue.

Edited by macjeff
  • Like 1
On 5/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, larryllix said:

•  

@Michel Kohanim Two things I am waiting for before returning to IoP.

WoL still doesn't function on any of three devices tested. Sony SoundBar, Samsung 75" TV, Samsung 55" TV. These all worked well on ISY994 V.4.x but never on IoP.

--------------------------------------------------

Modulus function gives erroneous results yet. Decimal values do not function at all. Some Integer values function.

13 %= 12 = 1
13 %= 12 = 4.000
13.000 %= 12 = 4.000

26 %= 12 = 2
26 %= 12 = 8.000
26.000 %= 12 = 8.000

28 %= 12 = 4
28 %= 12 = 4.000
28.000 %= 12 = 4.000

29 %= 12 = 5
29 %= 12 = 8.000
29.000 %= 12 = 8.000

Close, but no cigar, yet!   More work on decimal precision needed still. (factor of 4.000 seems consistent??)
Thanks!!

@Michel Kohanim@bpwwer Has anymore thought been given to upgrading the modulus function to floating point?     I didn't see it in IoP v5.4.5 upgrade :(

On 11/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, CoLong said:

The system has several system date and time variables that can be used but only on the right side of condition equations.

I have created a few cyclic programs that update state variables so that I can create year independent programs that will operate seasonal lighting events. Time only triggers can be created in the "If" section native conditional logic.