Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

13 hours ago, gviliunas said:

You need to create a scene and then add the button to the scene. 

Turn on the button by turning on the scene.

It has always been that way with the KPLs.

Note: Be sure to add 1-2 second delay before turning on/off the KPL button to avoid an "all ON" event. (I can't remember the exact circumstance but search for All On events and read through the long thread)

I wonder why we just can use the extended command that can control the buttons directly. 

Hello Everyone.  I've been running old 4.7.3 ISY firmware at a few locations for over a year.  Checked back in here to see what has developed.  I was expecting a significant new update since there has been more activity than ever before in the broader smarthouse industry.  Lots of new products, protocols, vendors, equipment, etc.  I'm looking for control of new products, integration with mobile apps on iPhone, maybe some sort of integration with Apple, Ring, and Nest products which I am using now.

Surprisingly, there was NO new update for my ISY that was running 4.7.3 2018 firmware!  Really?  How could this be?

So I looked on the forums and there are many 5.x beta releases but none of these has moved passed the RC (release candidate) maturity stage.

What's going on with ISY and Universal Devices?

Thanks

4.7.3 is not going to be updated further. 5.x was to be the next revision.

5.0.16 (RC1) is the one now being used and will have the updates as needed. Their RC releases are what will be official unless a very hidden  problematic thing is found. I held off on a 5.x from 4.7.3 . I now have 5.0.16 and have had no issues and can now use the later Insteon modules 4.7.3 did not support. Like the Siren and short lived Alert Modules.

5 hours ago, mountainman3520 said:

Hello Everyone.  I've been running old 4.7.3 ISY firmware at a few locations for over a year.  Checked back in here to see what has developed.  I was expecting a significant new update since there has been more activity than ever before in the broader smarthouse industry.  Lots of new products, protocols, vendors, equipment, etc.  I'm looking for control of new products, integration with mobile apps on iPhone, maybe some sort of integration with Apple, Ring, and Nest products which I am using now.

Surprisingly, there was NO new update for my ISY that was running 4.7.3 2018 firmware!  Really?  How could this be?

So I looked on the forums and there are many 5.x beta releases but none of these has moved passed the RC (release candidate) maturity stage.

Thanks

What new devices have you added that aren't supported?

9 hours ago, mountainman3520 said:

Thanks

After the changes Google made to Nest, good luck with getting anyone to integrate with them

• Like 1
On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris Jahn said:

-      Upgrading from an ISY 4.x version to this version may require a lot of manual intervention including verifying scenes, programs and program settings are correct.  The 5.x ISY firmware and the data files it uses has changed drastically from 4.x.

I really hope that, when the final version is released, that you have a streamlined and reliable upgrade path for those still on the last official, stable release (4.7.3)? For those too cowardly to fiddle with the betas and was hoping to see things all ironed out before upgrading?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

There's so much difference between the 2 there will probably be some changes you'll have to manually do

I think I have a very basic setup. Lots of devices, but all are Insteon with very simple scenes and just a few programs. I just hope it's not something that breaks and I can't just figure out in an afternoon before the Wife gets pissed?

Plus, always need to consider, is there anything in this 5.x that does anything that someone like me wants/needs anyway?

4 minutes ago, TheSwartz said:

is there anything in this 5.x that does anything that someone like me wants/needs

Yes, not becoming obsolete/unsupported.  Other than that, there are some nice new abilities in the programming environment, as well as some nice changes to the "adjust scene" functionality.

I suspect you'll have an easy time of it.  You may have to re-save some of your programs (the program icon will be yellow if this is the case).  Mostly, with only Insteon, it hasn't been too big of a deal for folks.

Very ironic the people interested in a user programmable box with so many options can shy away from a change for the better that could cause them to actually look at their programs for flags indicating some attention may be due.

To each his own l, I guess, but keeping their Insteon hub comes to mind. default_smile.png

I guess behind the closed door thing is scary but very few that open that door ever go back.

I blame UDI for using the beta label while I have had tape measures with more bugs in them.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TheSwartz said:

I think I have a very basic setup. Lots of devices, but all are Insteon with very simple scenes and just a few programs. I just hope it's not something that breaks and I can't just figure out in an afternoon before the Wife gets pissed?

Plus, always need to consider, is there anything in this 5.x that does anything that someone like me wants/needs anyway?

Unless you're planning on using something that 5.0 offers then there is no point in upgrading. I generally don't upgrade unless I'm looking for new features or capabilities (which is often). However for the ISYs that I have in the field, they aren't touched unless it's needed. 

With that said, 5.0 is like a smartphone. You don't realize you need some of the features until you have the capability. Only then you wonder how you lived without it. 

• Like 1

Upgraded without a hitch, but none of my programs work. I know the instructions say you may need to "update"
 your programs, but not sure what this means - I went through and re-saved each one, but when I run the "then" option to test the action, nothing.

I also create a new program to test, and that doesn't work either. The individual devices work and respond accordingly, and I did write updates to the devices in case that mattered... I searched, as I assume I'm not the only one here with the issue... any advice? Thanks

EDIT - when I look at the Status screen, all the programs say NOT LOADED under Activity and OUT OF MEMORY under Status...

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.50.49 AM.png

Edited by thrang

ok, got this mostly worked out - i wasn't using the the correct admins console it seems.

I updated the programs, but there are two anomalies... one still shows the green arrow and won't update (status NOT SAVED)

Another still shows the yellow icon (NOT LOADED/OUT OF MEMORY)

Do I have to re-create these, or is this fixable?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.09.46 PM.png

On 11/2/2019 at 7:18 PM, Techman said:

In 5.0.16 I would like to turn on a KPL button from a program but the only program option is for button A. All the rest only have a QUERY, WRITE UPDATES, or BACK LIGHT option.

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

Always been the case, even in 4.x.    The workaround is put the button in a scene and turn the scene on.

Wanted to share that I upgraded to this release about 1 month ago (upgraded from official 4.x release).  I had to reconfigure all my Z-Wave devices, but that was it.  Everything else seems to work well.  The only other issue I noticed is that whenever I try to select a control value in the pick list (in the programs tab), I get the beach ball for several seconds (is it trying to pull value in real-time??).

Edited by jmwhite5
6 hours ago, jmwhite5 said:

Wanted to share that I upgraded to this release about 1 month ago (upgraded from official 4.x release).  I had to reconfigure all my Z-Wave devices, but that was it.  Everything else seems to work well.  The only other issue I noticed is that whenever I try to select a control value in the pick list (in the programs tab), I get the beach ball for several seconds (is it trying to pull value in real-time??).

In 5.0.16 there's a slight delay when accessing Zwave devices, otherwise you shouldn't have any delays.

6 hours ago, jmwhite5 said:

Everything else seems to work well.  The only other issue I noticed is that whenever I try to select a control value in the pick list (in the programs tab), I get the beach ball for several seconds (is it trying to pull value in real-time??).

I noticed the same thing when setting up certain zwave devices in new programs.  Get the beach ball for more than 15-30 seconds.  

Happening on zwave door locks and rgb aotec bulbs. 

1 hour ago, slimypizza said:

Does Locative work with this latest release?  I tried two previous 5.x versions and Locative quit working.  This is an important app for me to have working with my ISY.  I'm on 4.7.3 now and all is well.  Dont want to migrate to 5.x unless it works with Locative.

Don't see why is will not.  This seems like it can change a state variable based on location.   

I have tasker sending a POST https to AutoRemote and update a variable on my phone.  

Do you have networking resources set up?

2 hours ago, slimypizza said:

Does Locative work with this latest release?  I tried two previous 5.x versions and Locative quit working.  This is an important app for me to have working with my ISY.  I'm on 4.7.3 now and all is well.  Dont want to migrate to 5.x unless it works with Locative.

I normally use Geofency but just to see I installed Locative on my iPhone and set it up.  I'm using FW 5.0.16 and I run the Occupancy nodeserver in the portal (NOT Occupancy v2).  Using the In/Out links provided it works perfectly.  No issues for me with Locative or with Geofency.

Just upgraded to 5.0.16.  The "Start Linking"  button in the UI no longer works.  When I click it the expected dialog box with the three choices opens but then the linking progress status bar opens without pressing Finish.  There is no opportunity to press a set key on a device.  I can still link a new device using add new device button and manually entering the insteon address.  Ideas?

53 minutes ago, jds31 said:

Just upgraded to 5.0.16.  The "Start Linking"  button in the UI no longer works.  When I click it the expected dialog box with the three choices opens but then the linking progress status bar opens without pressing Finish.  There is no opportunity to press a set key on a device.  I can still link a new device using add new device button and manually entering the insteon address.  Ideas?

I have always used the Insteon address to link devices and I only press linking buttons on battery devices. The rest do not require it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jds31 said:

Somewhere in the 5.0 chain the UI changed for the linking function.
Start linking, and the UI shows the bar as you described.

During this time, you can still link Insteon devices by pressing the SET button on the device (or the KPL button on a KPL)

When you are done linking devices, click FINISH on the UI and the devices will be added.

If the bar reaches full right, the Linking function times out and ends.

• Like 2