Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

On 10/5/2023 at 2:54 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

All, I think we may have found the issue and will have a fix by no later than Monday.

With kind regards,
Michel

I have been out of town and during my absence a power blip disabled my programs, some of which are critical so wanted to see if there are any updates on the fix. 

23 minutes ago, n_sievers said:

wanted to see if there are any updates on the fix

Yes, this should be fixed according to a post from @Michel Kohanim yesterday. Requires an update to run. It doesn’t change the version number, but it is a fix from UDI’s side for IoX.

Updating your system for the latest PG3x update should also update to 5.7.0_4.  But to be certain make sure you make an IoX backup before you update.

I had been waiting to update from 5.6.4/PG3x 3.2.3 for errors to get fixed but tried this morning anyways - after getting the reboot message, I rebooted but couldn't get into PG3x, so re-booted again and was able to get in - but all my programs were disabled in IoX A/C, so I just re-enabled on the summary tab (I had prepared for this by renaming all disabled programs with a # in front + I had my restart routine disable all of the # programs) - would a 3rd reset have enabled my programs?  Will they be properly enabled after future re-starts?

39 minutes ago, JTsao said:

Will they be properly enabled after future re-starts?

Go to this site: eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt (if you're on Polisy use "polisy.local"). If you are on 5.7.0_4 then it "should" be fixed, based on @Michel Kohanim's comment linked above. If not they apparently have additional debugging code that you would need to open a support ticket for them to learn more and to help (everybody).

11 hours ago, oskrypuch said:

It will be nice to see confirmations "out in the field" for the fix.

@oskrypuch What "fix"? Are you replying to the program disable issue or still about your concern for being bricked? Did you open a support ticket as @Michel Kohanim suggested? If you're wondering about the programs issue being resolved it does not appear to remain an issue for updated beyond 5.7.0, but there might still be an issue going from 5.6.x to 5.7, but according to other posts if on the 5.7.0_4 build another reboot should repair the programs to their expected state. I know all updates post 5.7.0 for me have not impacted the program status. I did have issue when 5.7.0 first came out and I updated from 5.6.x, but nothing since. 

One step that helps is taking that backup just before you update. You can restore that update and programs will return to their expected status. Then perform another reboot (or power cycle) and see if programs are as expected. 

I just ran the upgrade and all went well.  Upon completing and logging in again, I was pleased to find that only the intended programs remained disabled.  I confirmed it is now on 5.7.0_4 and did a power cycle of the Polisy to ensure the issue did not persist upon reboot and happy to report that all is good!

• Like 1

Just upgraded to 5.7.0.  Upon quick and early inspection, I don't see any programs that were marked disabled that were not supposed to be.  On the other hand, like the others, I have an error message in the launcher "Not Found" but this was happening before the upgrade.  Also I see two instances of "My Lighting": one with the 192.168.... address and one with the polisy.local address.  Selecting either one seems to work.  Neither the error message nor the dual instances of the IoX seem to be a functional problem, as near as I can tell.

Now...off to upgrade to PGX

3 hours ago, Geddy said:

Go to this site: eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt (if you're on Polisy use "polisy.local.....

@oskrypuch What "fix"? Are you replying to the program disable issue or still about your concern for being bricked? Did you open a support ticket as @Michel Kohanim suggested? If you're wondering about the programs issue being resolved it does not appear to remain an issue for updated beyond 5.7.0, but there might still be an issue going from 5.6.x to 5.7, ....

Thanks,

polisy.local has never resolved to my local IP for the polisy, but using the actual policy IP doesn't work either. Yes, that is why I need to run a ticket.

But, no I was asking about the 5.7.0 "disabled programs" fix. I am currently running 5.4.x, and PG 3.0, mainly a large Insteon system but do use the Z-Wave dongle (not the matter board) for a few Z-Wave items. I have been reluctant to upgrade until we get an update that is running smoothly for a while -- as all seems to be working for me well as is.

Moving to 5.7.x, and then PG 3.0x, and then possibly shifting to the matter board for my Z-Wave, are the dominos that need to sequence at some point.

So, that is where I am.

* Orest

39 minutes ago, oberkc said:

On the other hand, like the others, I have an error message in the launcher "Not Found" but this was happening before the upgrade.  Also I see two instances of "My Lighting": one with the 192.168.... address and one with the polisy.local address.  Selecting either one seems to work.  Neither the error message nor the dual instances of the IoX seem to be a functional problem, as near as I can tell.

This "Not Found" issue was resolved shortly after it was first reported.

To resolve that issue you need to:

• clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes)
  • Delete all instances of start.jnlp and/or admin.jnlp anywhere on your system
  • download fresh IoX Launcher from UDI site (https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp)
  • run "start.jnlp"

This should fix the "not found" issue as it fixed it for others that reported this issue (myself included). 

The 2 addresses is normal and reported by some. It's been reported as "normal" by @Michel Kohanim. Unsure the exact cause/reason, but it's not to be of worry. As you said either work. Since they're both auto found by the system they cannot be removed. 

• Thanks 1

IoX v5.7.0 running on EISY. Ran the PG3 update today which required a reboot and came back to all or almost all of my programs disabled. What a PITA to enable only the ones that are supposed to be enabled. 

Is there a fix or fix in the works for this?

Edited by jkosharek
added version of device and IoX

Updated PG3 to 3.2.10 and IoX updated from 5.7.0_1 to 5.7.0_4.  After the first reboot, my programs were disabled.  A second reboot of eisy re-enabled the correct programs.

What is the command for retrieving the error log?  Can't remember.  Once I have that I'll submit a ticket.

Upgraded PG3x 3.2.10 and eISY to 5.7.0-04 . For the very first time, all my programs were disabled on eISY in the release that was supposed to fix the issue. Rebooted 3 time and programs were not enabled so I manually enabled them.

Not a big deal unless UDI want to see something special since it did opposite of what I expected.

4 hours ago, jkosharek said:

Is there a fix or fix in the works for this?

Yes, there's an apparent fix in the works. As @Techman replied to your post (before being moved into the support thread that is already covering this issue). 

There was an attempted fix put into IoX 5.7.0_4. If you'll go to:  https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt  (or change polisy.local if you're on a Polisy or use the device's IP address if the friendly URL doesn't resolve). Look for  "isy-5.7.0_4". That should have updated in the last few days.

@Michel Kohanim said some fixes took another reboot and the programs returned to normal. 

Another fix is to always perform a backup BEFORE you upgrade anything. Restoring the backup has been found to restore the enabled/disabled programs correctly.

But ultimately, if you still have this error and it happens after subsequent reboots then please open a support ticket and work directly with UDI to get additional information regarding our system so they can possibly troubleshoot to help everybody.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Yes, there's an apparent fix in the works. As @Techman replied to your post (before being moved into the support thread that is already covering this issue). 

There was an attempted fix put into IoX 5.7.0_4. If you'll go to:  https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt  (or change polisy.local if you're on a Polisy or use the device's IP address if the friendly URL doesn't resolve). Look for  "isy-5.7.0_4". That should have updated in the last few days.

@Michel Kohanim said some fixes took another reboot and the programs returned to normal. 

Another fix is to always perform a backup BEFORE you upgrade anything. Restoring the backup has been found to restore the enabled/disabled programs correctly.

But ultimately, if you still have this error and it happens after subsequent reboots then please open a support ticket and work directly with UDI to get additional information regarding our system so they can possibly troubleshoot to help everybody.

Looks like the support site is having issues, none of the links work:

image.png.09597de1d41a69cafa65a05e9dba5294.png

3 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Looks like the support site is having issues, none of the links work:

That's crazy. The site eventually loads for me from my home network (it's a bit slow), but from a remote network it does have issues.

Have you tried going directly to the ticket page and using your Portal credentials to log in?

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

• Thanks 1