Programs disabled after time change

DreamerI90

I got up this morning and all my programs were disabled also. DST clock change was last night but maybe a coincidence?

I'm currently on 5.7.0, eisy, iOX, PG3x, using Insteon and Zwave. The system status looks like it hasn't been restarted for a couple days so it doesn't look related to an update or restart. I don't remember this ever happening before and I've been using UDI for maybe 15 years.

Then and else will run manually and when I renable the programs they seem to work again.

Does anyone know what might have happened?

Edited by DreamerI90
clarity

Hey @DreamerI90,

You're not alone.  This morning all of my programs were disabled.  Quite sure this has to do with DST change.  Over the years, I have had odd issues with the ISY and DST changes.  This I think is the first time all of my programs went disabled though.  It wasn't too hard for me to recover as I have all of my disabled program names begin with a # so I can sort on the summary screen select all but the #programs and re-enable all at once.  A trick I learned a while back on these forums.

Interestingly, I restarted IoX before discovering that all the progs were disabled and any program that was set to run at startup did in fact run as well as any that were called by my startup programs.  I get that the programs that were called by others should have ran. Not sure if a DISABLED program that is set to run at startup should actually run at startup.

@Michel Kohanim or @Chris Jahn - Thoughts, comments?

Thanks.

-Xathros

Upon checking to make sure everything was good this morning, I found that the sunrise and sunset times displayed in the admin console are actually an hour earlier than they should be but the actual time is correct.  I have no other obvious issues at this point and no disabled programs so I tried rebooting the Polisy but upon coming back up, the sunrise/sunset are still displaying an hour earlier than they should be.  I am in Denver so on Mountain time.

All of my programs disabled also - and by looking at when variables had last been updated I see it happened exactly at the DST change. I don't have disabled programs labeled in any special way so enabling is going to be a real PITA.

I also see that DST is still checked on the configuration screen and sunrise and sunset are an hour earlier than they should be!!!

Edited by rlebel

When I did the last upgrade all programs were disabled, and that was fine.  Upgrades need attention.

Today though my system was going nuts, the wrong lights were on, the A/C is set to 68 and the notifications don't work.  The all doors closed program was showing at "true" even though doors were open and the program was "disabled".  Based on the variable state this happened between 12:01 am and 5:16 am.  

I logged into the admin panel to find the correct time for PDT and all of my programs disabled.  Anyone else?  Any idea why and how to prevent?  Bug with the time change?

Edited by CoolToys
More information for accuracy
6 minutes ago, nadler said:

Yes, None of my overnight programs ran last night. All the programs that were enabled yesterday were not enabled today.  I changed nothing!  Quite annoying.

For me the 12:01 am variable for our studio reset, so I know it was after 12:01, and the "sunrise" program also didn't run.  I set a variable in there just to troubleshoot.  Best guess is the time change "falling" back caused a logic bug because 02:01am happened twice.  I recall an issue with this waaaaay back when because I did my variable reset and query at 2 am.  I moved them to 5:10 am, and now realize that may be before sunrise causing another issue so moving it to 04:10 now.

I am also renaming my programs that should be disabled all the time.  So I can quickly remember which ones are triggered only by other programs.  ItIsNight is now d_ItIsNight. for example.

Edited by CoolToys
5 hours ago, n_sievers said:

Upon checking to make sure everything was good this morning, I found that the sunrise and sunset times displayed in the admin console are actually an hour earlier than they should be but the actual time is correct.  I have no other obvious issues at this point and no disabled programs so I tried rebooting the Polisy but upon coming back up, the sunrise/sunset are still displaying an hour earlier than they should be.  I am in Denver so on Mountain time.

I did not have the disabled program problem, but I do have the problem where sunrise and sunset times are not correct.  I din't realize I was having trouble until the past hour or so as things got really dark!

Sunrise/Sunset are an hour early on my system as well.  I'm in Central Timezone.  DST checkbox is checked and grayed out.

-Xathros

1 hour ago, EW1 said:

Same issue with all programs disabled and sunrise/sunset an hour early.  I'm on 5.7.0  Has anyone opened a ticket?

I think that rebooting (in my case after doing an update packages) has fixed this for most people. The display problem of sunrise/sunset is the remaining bug but that doesn't impact proper program operation since it is only the UI.

@bgrubb1 probably hard for some to really know what version they're on. It depends on when they upgraded to 5.7.0. Since the _5 came out several days after the initial release and there wasn't a "new" post made and since it didn't impact the actual release number not many would know what build release(?) they were on unless they went to the info page that Michel had posted earlier in the support thread. 

To find what version is installed go here:

eisy:      https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Polisy:   https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

(or replace the *.local with the device IP) 

On 11/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Geddy said:

@bgrubb1 probably hard for some to really know what version they're on. It depends on when they upgraded to 5.7.0. Since the _5 came out several days after the initial release and there wasn't a "new" post made and since it didn't impact the actual release number not many would know what build release(?) they were on unless they went to the info page that Michel had posted earlier in the support thread. 

To find what version is installed go here:

eisy:      https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Polisy:   https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

(or replace the *.local with the device IP) 

I'm surprised that UDI is not addressing this lack of notification of the new 5.7.0 upgrades. Guys, are we expecting every single customer to come and read all these forums JUST to finally realize that their 5.7.0 isn't the right 5.7.0?? 

If nothing else, RE-POST the 5.7.0 announcement* with the first thing mentioned being that this is a NEW 5.7.0 and people should upgrade if they're not 100% certain. Wouldn't that save a LOT of people a lot of grief? (* in 'Current Release Announcements')

@Javi @Geddy

By the way, when running those links to web/sysconfig.txt, you should mention that you need to actually "search' for "ISY" as there are hundreds of lines in that file and you likely won't find it by skimming through the file - it doesn't just pop out at you. 

Thanks.

• Like 2