Support Thread: IoX v5.8.0 (January 5, 2024)

Where can I get more info on the new features below in 5.8.0? What do they do? How to enable 2nd one if I want to make use of it? I searched both forum and wiki but only results were forum posts listing these release note items.

- Integration of sqlite database for recording events/property changes
- Node property history database - disabled by default

• Like 1

Upgraded IoX to 5.8.0 but now when I launch Polyglot V3 from AC and submit my Login I'm getting this response.

image.jpeg.120e6ae9b146351822e111bef39b03d8.jpeg

I've seen this in the past but can't remember what it means or how to fix it. Also, this url isn't working either,

https://192.168.1.180:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Any ideas?

31 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

Upgraded IoX to 5.8.0 but now when I launch Polyglot V3 from AC and submit my Login I'm getting this response.

image.jpeg.120e6ae9b146351822e111bef39b03d8.jpeg

I've seen this in the past but can't remember what it means or how to fix it. Also, this url isn't working either,

https://192.168.1.180:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Any ideas?

Assuming you're on an eisy, try:  eisy.local:3000/dashboard

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Assuming you're on an eisy, try:  eisy.local:3000/dashboard

No I'm on Polisy.

I also noticed that it wouldn't do a reboot from the AC. Knowing that @Michel Kohanim said do not unplug, I tried a "sudo shutdown -r now" from a PuTTY connection and that fixed it. I can now login to PG3 and Insteon is working from IoX at version 5.8.0.

• Like 1

Upgrade two Polisy and one EISY.  On EISY nothing came up (yes I rebooted when done)

but I could SSH in so I did

sudo shutdown -r now

and then it rebooted again and everything came up fine

Edited by macjeff

I just updated my system remotely from 5.7.1 to 5.8.0.  Went without a hitch.  I only had to clear java cache and reinstall IoX after the update and reboot.  Not sure what the update afforded me but I like to stay current.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:06 PM, johnnyt said:

Where can I get more info on the new features below in 5.8.0? What do they do? How to enable 2nd one if I want to make use of it? I searched both forum and wiki but only results were forum posts listing these release note items.

- Integration of sqlite database for recording events/property changes
- Node property history database - disabled by default

Bump. Are these features just for developers, UDI Support, or for future use? If they're for regular users, where can one get more information on them?

Trying to decide if I want to upgrade.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, johnnyt said:

Trying to decide if I want to upgrade.

For me some of the "fixes" were reason enough to press that upgrade button. Seems like you're stuck on the "feature" items that probably do help developers/backend side more than stability of the platform. 

Fixes:

Release notes for: 5.8.0_1 - 01/03/2024
- Fixed reboot on polisy when using ZMatter in original mode
Release notes for: 5.8.0 - 01/01/2024
- Fixed system crash (for Insteon users)
- Fixed subscription causing crash when bombarded
- Misc bug fixes

For your specific questions you might be better off contacting UDI directly through their website (probably ticket option, but sales email might also be an option). Michel has (several times) commented that they're buried in development at this time and not reading the forums as closely as they used to.

https://www.universal-devices.com/contact-us/

or

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Upgraded eisy, and the upgrade appeared to complete. But, after the upgrade, I cannot add any new devices. I'm getting the error message "cannot determine device link table address." I've tried a mini remote, an outlet linc, and a lamplinc, and none of them will add. I had no problem adding devices today, before the upgrade. Thoughts? I've tried to reset the devices, and I've tried to reboot the eisy and the powercycled the PLM.