Support Thread: IoX v5.8.4 (June 27, 2024)

I can confirm that a backup that used to take 45 minutes now takes seconds.  I do get the pop up for a split second but by that time the back up is complete.  This is great!  My backup size before upgrade was 845 KB, new ones are now 829KB.  Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1

Smooth upgrade, although lots of stuff to upgrade so need to give it time.

Thanks SO MUCH for fixing the backup process! Went from > 10 mins (with, remarkably, the Java Launcher consuming > 80% of CPU throughout) down to about a second. Will no longer be hesitant/strategic about doing them when I'm making lots of changes.

Can anything be done to improve program loading speed too? Well before I reached 1000 (now at 1200), it's also been a start-and-go-grab-a-coffee kind of process.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

I've updated to 5.8.4 and the local admin console has come up.  I've tried to back up and I get "Could Not Parse the Configuration File."  I am running IoX on Polisy.  I have ISY with PLM all connected.  I have an internal Zwave/Zigbee card.  All communications with devices seem to be working.  I was able to do a backup before upgrading from 5.7.1.    Any suggestions?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, spyfish007 said:

I've updated to 5.8.4 and the local admin console has come up.  I've tried to back up and I get "Could Not Parse the Configuration File."  I am running IoX on Polisy.  I have ISY with PLM all connected.  I have an internal Zwave/Zigbee card.  All communications with devices seem to be working.  I was able to do a backup before upgrading from 5.7.1.    Any suggestions?  Thanks.

I would suggest running the upgrade packages a second time and after it completes, including the reboot, power cycle your unit.

If you still have an issue backing up afterwards then you will need to open a support ticket with UD.

After upgrading my Polisy to 5.8.4, my UUID has defaulted to a different UUID. It appears to have defaulted with mostly 0's.

How do I fix that?

EDIT: The upgrade stopped it from working at all. I restored from a previous backup and I have no Zwave comms. When I send a command, I get: "Request Failed"

Under the Z-wave tab, it says "Zmatter Z-wave not responding"

Edited by rg65

Recently my house has been waking up on its own.  I believe it is the insteon motion sensors activating when the A/C kicks on.  This is a new "feature" so I was troubleshooting and upgraded from 5.8.0 to 5.8.4 today.

So far the upgrade is faster and smoother, glad I read to clear java etc first so it was easy, kudos on the back up speed changes.  

Other new "features" I found after the update:

The email tab in configuration lost all smtp settings and returned to default.  

Insteon Motion II V .47 the battery level is now blank and "battery powered" is false.  

The status of battery powered devices won't show up in the admin console until a specific device node updates, i.e. battery level.

Email configuration won't arbitarily change to default unless the default box was checked.

• Like 1

Greetings,

Post my upgrade to v5.8.4, I came across an issue with programs that I use to automate my irrigation setup. I have two SmarTENiT model # 5010A, 8 zone controllers. I am able to manually turn on any of the zones via highlighting the device and turning it on, watering starts as expected. But my program will not run through the zones even though the program shows as running. I have tried writing a new programs several times, simple one-liner in the Then statement that turns on one of the zones. I rune the Then statement but same results, no irrigation.

All other programs that do not reference the irrigation controllers appear to work fine.

Has anyone seen similar issues with programming or is it that my controllers are no longer supported?

Any suggestions/help you can provide would be great.

Cheers,
Ken.

Edited by Beaker

OK.  Here is a fresh three line program to turn an irrigation zone on, wait 2 minutes and shut it off.  I tested it and the program shows as running but no irrigation.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><triggers><d2d><trigger><id>62</id><name>New Program-TEST</name><parent>8</parent><if></if><then><cmd id="DON" node="23 8D E8 1"></cmd><wait><minutes>2</minutes></wait><cmd id="DOF" node="23 8D E8 1"></cmd></then><else></else><comment></comment></trigger></d2d></triggers>

Cheers,
Ken.

EISY BRICKED:

Conducted update from counsel.  Waited for reboot required.  Selected reboot. Eisy does not complete startup and no entries in finder.  Unplugged for several minutes several times and no change.  Plugged in HDMI to monitor boot process.  Several lines of WARNING: failed to start isy.

Tried factory reset, no help. Unable to access isy now

Any suggestions??

8 minutes ago, copperstar said:

EISY BRICKED:

Conducted update from counsel.  Waited for reboot required.  Selected reboot. Eisy does not complete startup and no entries in finder.  Unplugged for several minutes several times and no change.  Plugged in HDMI to monitor boot process.  Several lines of WARNING: failed to start isy.

Tried factory reset, no help. Unable to access isy now

Any suggestions??

I would suggest you open a support ticket with UD.

If you want, you could try removing power for several minutes and then try to power eisy back up. Also, try using a new power supply.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Opened a ticket so waiting for help there.

Tried several different supplies, all high amp, no help.

I can watch the boot process on HDMI, boot stops at command line, can log in as admin.

Several lines during boot of WARNING: failed to start isy.

Trying to search for command line update commands and process but no luck.

Edited by copperstar

Thanks Techman for reviewing.  Here is the test program in clipboard format.

New Program-TEST - [ID 003E][Parent 0008][Not Enabled]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Set 'Irrigation / Irrigration-1 - Z1 Front Lawn' On
        Wait  2 minutes
        Set 'Irrigation / Irrigration-1 - Z1 Front Lawn' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Cheers,
Ken.

@Beaker

There's no logical reason why the above program shouldn't work. 

If you can turn on the sprinklers by turning on the device in the device tree, then the Sprinkler Controller is compatible with your eisy/polisy and firmware. 

When you run the then clause does the device tree show it running (solid green)?