Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

24 minutes ago, smacbride said:

Other than taking the back off, is there an easy way to determine what z-wave chip we have installed?

You can always go to the Z-Wave | Z-Wave Version menu in your Admin Console.  If the popup window looks like the attached screenshot, then you have the current 500 series board.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.48.51 AM.png

19 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

You can always go to the Z-Wave | Z-Wave Version menu in your Admin Console.  If the popup window looks like the attached screenshot, then you have the current 500 series board.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.48.51 AM.png

Ok thanks, mine says 4.55.00 so I guess I need to upgrade the chip.

• Like 1

I upgraded from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 with Z-wave devices and had no problems!

Congrats @Michel Kohanim, @Chris Jahn & all at UDI! I bought my ISY at the beginning of 2014, and it has been rock solid and improved by UDI continuously. I still have my first backup of 4.0.5. I don't know how they continue to develop the ISY at its price point, but I am glad they do. This constant improvement is one of the big reasons I bought my Polisy; I knew I had to support this group.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have two ISY994i/IR and ISY994 PRO 

The ISY994i/IR upgrade from 5.0.15 and It went smoothly.  One Z-Wave was a little reluctant to receive writes, so I right clicked it --> Restore Device and it came back.

The ISY994 PRO (which I use for reading my electric meter) I thought I should be using  -  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM) because it doesn't have a PLM and it is Zigbee. but I got the incompatible error.  I'm a little wary about using the other firmware.  Suggestions?

892894381_ISY994iIR.png.99aa2c153aad1dfb97d9b691cada9c6a.png1831843528_ISY994Pro.png.7b136051f4bc88b150cbf7fe21959f49.png

And then I wasn't sure what was meant by: 

8.  To launch the Admin Console directly from your ISY, go to the following link:

-  http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp

I assumed that it would create an icon that would skip the intermediate step of going to the ISYFinder.  It did create the icon "ISY Admin Console", but clicking on the icon results in the error: Unable to launch the application.  Suggestions?

9 hours ago, TrojanHorse said:

Re #8 I tried that too and had same problem. I’d suggest clearing the Java cache and deleting applets and then go to UDI’s website to download the “my ISY” file.

I did that and I still have the intermediate step of the ISYFinder.  

This is what I did:

1. updated java
  2. clear java cache including installed apps
  3. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp put an icon labeled [admin] on my desktop
  4. launched [admin] which downloaded and application, put an icon [ISY Admin Console] on my desktop, and started my UD Admin Console
  5. closed the Admin Console
  6. Opened the  [ISY Admin Console]  and got the Unable to launch the application error 

• Like 1

Question: If one has 5.3.0 installed and since 5.30 is not an alpha, beta, or release candidate, does this mean that future official v5 releases can be installed directly from the ISY's interface without the need to download the firmware file and manually install?

Thank you.

I'm new to this. My Admin Console does not have the Z-wave menu tab. How do I get it to show up?

I have a 994i, it's a few years old. I added the z-wave board. The instructions say for me to get the "Z-Wave Module" through the "purchase modules" in the Admin Console. I cannot do this. It just keeps going to my profile page. Then I upgraded the firmware to 5.3 thinking that would fix it and I am using v5.3 for the Admin Console.

What's missing? Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, EKauffman said:

I'm new to this. My Admin Console does not have the Z-wave menu tab. How do I get it to show up?

I have a 994i, it's a few years old. I added the z-wave board. The instructions say for me to get the "Z-Wave Module" through the "purchase modules" in the Admin Console. I cannot do this. It just keeps going to my profile page. Then I upgraded the firmware to 5.3 thinking that would fix it and I am using v5.3 for the Admin Console.

What's missing? Thanks!!

I suggest that you read this part of the forum. If that still leaves you with issues, then post here again.

Thanks for the quick response but this doesn't solve my problem. I bought the dongle, installed the dongle, followed all instructions. Still two problems:

1. in the admin console, I do not have anything that says "z-wave" using v5.3.0 ... all the forum posts talk about it but I don't have it. My menu items are "file", "link management", "node servers", "tools", and "help" ... nothing says or has as drop-down for "z-wave"
  2. the instructions referenced say "you will need to purchase the z-wave module by going through help | purchase modules | z-wave module in the admin console". I do exactly that, but I don't have a "z-wave module" in the admin console, and when I click on "purchase modules" I go to my profile page

Something is wrong. Am I the only one who's had this challenge?

thanks!

On an ISY 994i PRO (1100) with Portal Integration, running v4.8.0 (I just upgraded from 4.7.3 earlier today), I upgraded to v5.3.0 just now with no issues other than my login credentials got reset.  I had to login with admin/admin.  I haven't tried v5 because I thought it was beta, but since this was tagged as official I decided to finally upgrade.  I am not sure why the credentials were lost, perhaps this is a known issue.

I do not see any issues in the GUI, no scenes or programs that have any weird markers to indicate an issue.  So I assume the upgrade went smooth.  Is there any sort of log that would indicate if I need to check any of these artifacts?

Also, I am running the latest version of Home Assistant on RPi (HassIO, but I think they just call it HA on Pi now?) and the ISY integration worked after the upgrade to v5 and me setting my credentials.  I have not restarted HA yet but I assume things should be fine since they are currently.  So that's awesome the previous integrations were not impacted.

So, am I missing something, or did this really go that easy?  If so, my hats off to all those that are involved in the development (and probably all you folks that beta tested it for a long time!).

PS:  I really expected the GUI was going to change so much it would be hard to reorient myself on this new version.  I was extremely relieved when I upgraded and saw everything was the same old familiar interface, just with more options.

38 minutes ago, asbril said:

I suggest that you read this part of the forum. If that still leaves you with issues, then post here again.

Thank you but I tried all this. I have the dongle and I'm running v5.3.0 ... the issue is that the z-wave menu doesn't show in the admin console. When I try to get the $1 application, I can't find it in the UD website ... using "help | purchase modules | z-wave module"

1 minute ago, EKauffman said:

Thank you but I tried all this. I have the dongle and I'm running v5.3.0 ... the issue is that the z-wave menu doesn't show in the admin console. When I try to get the $1 application, I can't find it in the UD website ... using "help | purchase modules | z-wave module"

Maybe others can give you better advise, otherwise file a ticket with UDI. They are very responsive.

8 minutes ago, EKauffman said:

When you go to help>about, what does it say your firmware AND UI are?

13 minutes ago, Whitehambone said:

@EKauffman Just trying to help, are you going to the right place on the web page?  When you sign into your account, instead of going to My Profile, you have to go to My Products and then Modules.  

Thanks. That could be it. My product is not listed and I can't register it because it's been registered under the previous owner of my house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mljenkins said:

On an ISY 994i PRO (1100) with Portal Integration, running v4.8.0 (I just upgraded from 4.7.3 earlier today), I upgraded to v5.3.0 just now with no issues other than my login credentials got reset.  I had to login with admin/admin.  I haven't tried v5 because I thought it was beta, but since this was tagged as official I decided to finally upgrade.  I am not sure why the credentials were lost, perhaps this is a known issue.

I do not see any issues in the GUI, no scenes or programs that have any weird markers to indicate an issue.  So I assume the upgrade went smooth.  Is there any sort of log that would indicate if I need to check any of these artifacts?

Also, I am running the latest version of Home Assistant on RPi (HassIO, but I think they just call it HA on Pi now?) and the ISY integration worked after the upgrade to v5 and me setting my credentials.  I have not restarted HA yet but I assume things should be fine since they are currently.  So that's awesome the previous integrations were not impacted.

So, am I missing something, or did this really go that easy?  If so, my hats off to all those that are involved in the development (and probably all you folks that beta tested it for a long time!).

PS:  I really expected the GUI was going to change so much it would be hard to reorient myself on this new version.  I was extremely relieved when I upgraded and saw everything was the same old familiar interface, just with more options.

I suspect that when you installed the zwave board it either didn't seat properly or it's in the incorrect slot. There are two slots and the instructions tell you which one to use.

I suggest opening the ISY, removing the board, and reinstalling it.