Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.36 (July 11, 2023)

Hello everyone,

This is the support thread for PG3x v3.1.36.

After updating to 3.1.36, please click on System | Reinstall all node servers, which will reinstall all your node servers including the new UDI python interface 3.0.60. UDI interface 3.0.60 fixes a bug where the node servers loses their connectivity with PG3 when eisy loses network connection. You will have to restart your node servers after the update. You can check the UDI interface version in the node server's logs near the start.

3.1.36 will be available for installation on July 11th,

• Like 1

Tried updating using UD mobile? Nothing changed? Still on 3.1.33?
Is this production update? Is there some special way to update?

Thanks,

EDIT: Performed update using UD mobile.

Re-installed all nodes, restarted nodes. 

Did not require a power cycle.

Thanks,

Edited by MBell
diif
Just now, Michel Kohanim said:

@vbPhil,

How did you upgrade?

With kind regards,
Michel

From the AC, Upgrade Packages.

I decided to do a Reboot from the AC and that brought PG3x on line but didn't bump up the version shown. It was also displaying that a PG3x restart was required. Not quite sure how to do a PG3x "restart".

I just ran the Upgrade Packages again and it seemed to have taken this time. I was able to launch the PG3x dashboard in the browser and it shows version 3.1.36. But, it wants a "Restart". I'll be dammed if I can find anything that says PG3X Restart.

image.jpeg.fa1f283c7aa2c246f807b51c9ea2ae96.jpeg

Updated with no issues. However,  I noticed that on the on PG3x "Purchases" tab it shows the beta and the production versions of the Notification Node Server, which I never purchased. Are they required for the UD mobile notifications and automatically included?

AC update took less than minute. Rebooted via AC, about 2 minutes to accessibility. System/Reinstall all Node Servers via PG3x web interface took about 5 minutes for the 11 NS's I have installed. Manually restarted each of them and everything is once again operational.

I also DL'ed the PG3x log and did a quick search for 3.0.60 which was not found so I'm unsure if the UDI interface was updated. Is there a way to check via SSH?

Smoothest update ever for me.  Just be patient when re-loading all the node servers.  But absolutely no issues or errors.  Well done team!

Thanks for the information. I’ll be updating tonight. Are the correct steps and sequence?

Upgrade packages
Power cycle eISY to get full reboot
Reinstall all node servers
Restart node servers

Update completed as advertised.  Update Packages, reboot in AC, re-installed all NS's, and then restarted NS's.  Note: NS configuration is retained as part of the re-installation.

Thanks for the smooth update.

• Like 2
Went through the update and all is working fine. I do have an issue with updating NS AVRemote from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6. It goes through the update fine but the version never gets updated. Otherwise works as before.
Thanks Gary

AVremote needs to be fixed by the node server developer. I believe the node server is 2.0.6, but still advertises itself as 2.0.5, which makes PG3x display the update button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1