Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bye bye admin console polisy implications?

Featured Replies

59 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@apostolakisl , if you are in the staging repo, we made massive changes to support polisy upgrade through eisy-ui (udx 5.0.0_7 to be exact). The only thing is that it will not upgrade the OS above 14.3p5 AND we have no way of testing everything against the old OS. So, although we believe things should continue working, it's just not a guarantee.

With kind regards,
Michel

This is where eisy ui says I am after the ssh upgrade. It appears I am in the staging repo. I don't know that I need cutting edge features on this polisy, but I would like to be certain it keeps working smoothly, especially with UD mobile.

image.png

I also have two of my test Polisys up to 6.1.2_10 as of this morning. There is a known issue with the backups not working, giving an Error 500.

15 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@apostolakisl , if you are in the staging repo, we made massive changes to support polisy upgrade through eisy-ui (udx 5.0.0_7 to be exact). The only thing is that it will not upgrade the OS above 14.3p5 AND we have no way of testing everything against the old OS. So, although we believe things should continue working, it's just not a guarantee.

With kind regards,
Michel

So does this mean if my Polisy is on the Beta repo at 5.0.0_4, I cannot update using the Upgrade Packages button and need to do another SSH update at some point?
Or, should I switch over to the Staging repo?

2 minutes ago, peterathans said:

So does this mean if my Polisy is on the Beta repo at 5.0.0_4, I cannot update using the Upgrade Packages button and need to do another SSH update at some point?
Or, should I switch over to the Staging repo?

You need to switch to staging, and then upgrade udx first. Then you can go back to Beta/Production and from then on, you can upgrade using eisy-ui.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks - when you say "upgrade udx first", I assume you mean Upgrade Packages (which upgrades everything)?

I don't see an option to upgrade just one specific component like UDX.

37 minutes ago, peterathans said:

Thanks - when you say "upgrade udx first", I assume you mean Upgrade Packages (which upgrades everything)?

I don't see an option to upgrade just one specific component like UDX.

You'll need to do that one by ssh:

sudo repo.staging

sudo pkg upgrade udx eisyui

sudo reboot

Then you'll be able to use eisyui for updates

20 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:

Then you'll be able to use eisyui for updates

Actually another minor update will be needed before that works.

6 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:

Actually another minor update will be needed before that works.

Is that why I can't upgrade from eisy_ui yet? I'm in the staging repo, and as of today it's offering 2 upgrades:

PG3x 3.4.25 -> 3.4.26

eisy UI 1.3.11_1 -> 1.4.0

...but pushing the button doesn't do anything - other than putting up the "confirm" dialog and then the "don't reboot" dialog. So I need to do it by ssh one.more.time?

-Tom

4 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

Is that why I can't upgrade from eisy_ui yet? I'm in the staging repo, and as of today it's offering 2 upgrades:

PG3x 3.4.25 -> 3.4.26

eisy UI 1.3.11_1 -> 1.4.0

...but pushing the button doesn't do anything - other than putting up the "confirm" dialog and then the "don't reboot" dialog. So I need to do it by ssh one.more.time?

-Tom

Yes, upgrade all 4 (isy, udx, eisyui, pg3x) through ssh commands. If it upgrades udx to 5.0.0_7, then you might need to upgrade that way again the next time too.

10 minutes ago, Guy Lavoie said:

Yes, upgrade all 4 (isy, udx, eisyui, pg3x) through ssh commands. If it upgrades udx to 5.0.0_7, then you might need to upgrade that way again the next time too.

I am at 5.0.0_7 already, and the staging repo doesn't have an upgrade listed for it. Just PG3X and eisy UI. btw: is it safe to ask for an upgrade for a component that you're already current on? I sure hope so.

-Tom

57 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

I am at 5.0.0_7 already, and the staging repo doesn't have an upgrade listed for it. Just PG3X and eisy UI. btw: is it safe to ask for an upgrade for a component that you're already current on? I sure hope so.

-Tom

Yup, that's fine. No harm in requesting an upgrade if the version is already up to date, it just ignores it.

Went ahead boldly, because UDI is that trustworthy. Everything upgraded just fine. I guess I'll keep trying the "upgrade packages" button and doing ssh upgrades for all packages if it doesn't work, until further notice. Is there a place I can subscribe to upgrade announcements? I don't think they are showing up in the forum. But I don't want to slow down the developers by asking them to add a forum announcement to every update.

e,g. eisy UI went to 1.4.1. It said it was going to go to 1.4.0, but I'll take it.

-Tom

Oh, and at some point, I'll be happy to go back to the release repo. But only after the upgrade button is working for Polisy, on the package versions that you get on the release repo.

-Tom

8 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

Went ahead boldly, because UDI is that trustworthy. Everything upgraded just fine. I guess I'll keep trying the "upgrade packages" button and doing ssh upgrades for all packages if it doesn't work, until further notice. Is there a place I can subscribe to upgrade announcements? I don't think they are showing up in the forum. But I don't want to slow down the developers by asking them to add a forum announcement to every update.

e,g. eisy UI went to 1.4.1. It said it was going to go to 1.4.0, but I'll take it.

-Tom

These days, updates are occurring almost daily. To see where they're at, just switch to the production repo and then back to staging, to see an updated list of the latest versions. Click on the circled question mark to see the release notes.

16 hours ago, xlurkr said:

I am at 5.0.0_7 already, and the staging repo doesn't have an upgrade listed for it. Just PG3X and eisy UI. btw: is it safe to ask for an upgrade for a component that you're already current on? I sure hope so.

-Tom

If this is Polisy, all updates may need to be ssh as they are not official.

Also be sure the OS is on 14, if on 13 will require reflash.

See Q&A topics for Polisy at the bottom: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/47042-eisy-ui-is-getting-there-heres-where-we-stand/

On 10/6/2026 at 11:56 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

You need to switch to staging, and then upgrade udx first. Then you can go back to Beta/Production and from then on, you can upgrade using eisy-ui.

With kind regards,
Michel

@Javi Please reconcile.

-Tom

25 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

@Javi Please reconcile.

-Tom

An update was pushed to Polisy staging to address issue, but must be on 5.0.0_8. If lower ssh is still required for eisy-ui update.

For anyone else reading this PLEASE check the OS version first!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.