Support Thread for IoX 5.6.4

All,
You can now upgrade your IoX and udx it if and only if you have performance issues. Please use Admins Console Upgrade packages.
We should have another release by Monday with support for more OTA formats and more Zigbee support.
With kind regards,
Michel

Thank you @Michel Kohanim ! The update made a big improvement in speed of update.

The update fixed the long delays I was experiencing with the Virtual NS (and possibly Hue emulator) - I had to do a 2nd reset of the eisy as I could not do an update neighbors for any z-wave equipment after the update and initial reset - but I think all is good now...

BACKUPS --> New lesson after 15 yrs with ISY.

For years I regularly did backups, especially BEFORE any Firmware / Software update.

What I neglected to do was a backup IMMEDIATELY AFTER any firmware / software update. 

Typically, I would wait until after I made some changes somewhere in the AC and then do a backup.  This time, I almost got burned by that. I did the upgrade to 5.6.4 and then added a whole new line of programing related to the newly released BETA Russound NS. Then I did a backup...... IT FAILED due to a corrupt file. Yikes, hours of variables and programming down the drain? 

However through the awesome support at UDI and @Michel Kohanim, the corrupted file was replaced and I can do a back up again. 

Lesson learned.... always do a backup before and immediately after so you know it works, before you make changes. 

• Like 4

I was watching TV other night and got a notification from UD mobile that Polisy was offline. My Polisy was not responsive, was unable to login, could not ping it etc. After about 15 min I power cycled it which resolved. I was on 5.6.4, but just noticed this update next day and performed it, but did not notice any version number change, however it did prompt me to reboot. Is what I experience related to what this update fixed?

Been having issues with not being able to log in locally (LAN) after a few days. Can log in via cloud but nothing is available for change. Sometimes programs end up in a loop. Didn't try reboot from the cloud login. Usually I just do a power re-boot. Also ELK seems to be a bit sluggish sometimes and I  can get a TCP error when querying a zone.

TCP client read response failed. (NS-14-ELK)

Thanks Gary

I did clear Java after the last firmware update. Will try again however. But there is still an issue communicating robustly with the ELK.  Just today the change in the logical status back from violated to normal was not detected causing the program to loop. 

eisy V 5.6.4

PG3x V 3.2.1

Thanks Gary

47 minutes ago, garybixler said:

I did clear Java after the last firmware update. Will try again however. But there is still an issue communicating robustly with the ELK.  Just today the change in the logical status back from violated to normal was not detected causing the program to loop. 

eisy V 5.6.4

PG3x V 3.2.1

Thanks Gary

Since you are on v3.2.1 for PG3x, you haven't run upgrade packages since last week when a patch was issued to correct systems bogging down and being slow to respond.

Suggest you upgrade packages and after all is done, reboot. PG3x should update to v3.2.2.

If you can't log in to upgrade, try from UD Mobile if you have it. If not, try power cycling and then updating.

I think this might correct your issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Please click on Admin Console | Upgrade Packages. We found the bug which may have caused zero length file sizes. This should take your IoX to 5.6.4_8.

With kind regards,
Michel

I upgraded but I can't find the version out that many digits. All I see is 5.6.4 via the AC, PG3 or the ISY Portal.

12 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

I upgraded but I can't find the version out that many digits. All I see is 5.6.4 via the AC, PG3 or the ISY Portal.

There may be a more direct way to do this, but somewhere along the line I remember seeing the following command listed as something that could show you the versions of what's running on the eisy.

https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Look for isy in the resulting list, and it should show you the full version number. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

There may be a more direct way to do this, but somewhere along the line I remember seeing the following command listed as something that could show you the versions of what's running on the eisy.

https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

Look for isy in the resulting list, and it should show you the full version number. 

okay. I have a Polisy.

Hello everyone,

I just tried to take a backup of my system this afternoon and ran into a problem. See attached screenshot.  I have tried multiple times and the backup failed at the same point on each try.

Screenshot2023-09-07at12_31_11PM.png.f9371614ce7f2e81091ec0fdb1e01209.pngAny advice?

Here is an excerpt from the error log at the point of failure:

Thu 2023/09/07 12:35:56 PM	0	-170001	<s:Envelope><s:Body><u:GetSysConf xmlns:u="urn:udi-com:service:X_IoX_Service:1"><name>./FILES/CONF/NODES/UN0109.BIN</name></u:GetSysConf></s:Body></s:Envelope>
Thu 2023/09/07 12:35:56 PM	0	-110007	0

Screenshot2023-09-07at12_42_38PM.png.63663477d7617eb579529fa63bf43c4d.png

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

-Xathros

22 minutes ago, Xathros said:

Hello everyone,

I just tried to take a backup of my system this afternoon and ran into a problem. See attached screenshot.  I have tried multiple times and the backup failed at the same point on each try.

Screenshot2023-09-07at12_31_11PM.png.f9371614ce7f2e81091ec0fdb1e01209.pngAny advice?

Here is an excerpt from the error log at the point of failure:

Thu 2023/09/07 12:35:56 PM	0	-170001	<s:Envelope><s:Body><u:GetSysConf xmlns:u="urn:udi-com:service:X_IoX_Service:1"><name>./FILES/CONF/NODES/UN0109.BIN</name></u:GetSysConf></s:Body></s:Envelope>
Thu 2023/09/07 12:35:56 PM	0	-110007	0

Screenshot2023-09-07at12_42_38PM.png.63663477d7617eb579529fa63bf43c4d.png

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

-Xathros

Last week I had a backup repeatedly fail on a Polisy. I received a similar error, but on a different file.

Not sure if it is the same situation, but support told me to say in and delete the file as it was probably corrupt.

Afterwards, my backup worked fine.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Last week I had a backup repeatedly fail on a Polisy. I received a similar error, but on a different file.

Not sure if it is the same situation, but support told me to say in and delete the file as it was probably corrupt.

Afterwards, my backup worked fine.

Hi DennisC,

Thanks.  I figured out which node the file belongs with and then removed the file.  The node still appears to operate normally and now my backup completes.

I'll watch for any other anomalies and hope that I haven't done any damage by removing the file.

-Xathros

• Like 1

I had an unusual issue following 5.6.4_6/7 snafu. We know that one or more versions of 5.6.4 caused a weirdness with sockets that resulted in system files being corrupted. If you had a backup all you had to do was update to 5.6.4_8 dated 8/11/2023 and then restore your system which I did, but a couple of programs would not work post restore.

I tried for hours to figure out why the devices in the associated scenes / programs could not be controlled by AC, but worked fine from UD Mobile. Finally I just deleted the programs that didn't work and starting from scratch rewrote them exactly as they had been.

This fixed the problem.

So if you have any weirdness post 5.6.4 with your programs, I'd try that as a solution.

Edited by kzboray
  • Thanks 1